E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Mod continues... what do you guys think?!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-24-2013, 08:01 AM
MBWorld God!

Received 3,405 Likes on 2,848 Posts
2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by leapingpoint
weird, Hyperion apologized to me in PM but still decided to start fights out in the open again.

So the 2 cents comments continue.

E class is slow, even if you have E350 or E550.

If you want speed, you can get an exotic; or better yet, get a few, like I did.

Happy holidays~
you see that as starting a fight? no wonder you're so insecure.......
the letters mean something to me, and shouldn't be abused.......

so lets see you other exotics.........just for the sake of passion
Old 12-24-2013, 09:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CLS550
Originally Posted by hyperion667
you see that as starting a fight? no wonder you're so insecure.......

so lets see you other exotics.........just for the sake of passion

Thank you, Hyperion667. You're really in your element.

This is among the most entertaining threads on this forum, with the exception of the poser thread.

It seems he supposedly has a White 458 Italia.
Old 12-24-2013, 12:22 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BMW 5er
c'mon, they just stand for a euro tuning shop turned corporate. there are other independents that do the same thing, build engines, blah blah blah. they're not sacred or mystical.
Old 12-24-2013, 07:49 PM

E-class
Originally Posted by E Classy
c'mon, they just stand for a euro tuning shop turned corporate. there are other independents that do the same thing, build engines, blah blah blah. they're not sacred or mystical.
my thoughts exactly!

i can understand the passion, but some of the dudes here take it to a whole different level...
Old 12-24-2013, 08:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 916 Likes on 653 Posts
2010 E550, 273 Engine: 2012 S550, 278 Engine
Please name another company that builds engines for MB serial production models, let alone hand builds them.

Obviously everyone does not respect the facts. In my opinion it should be illegal posting your car different than it was made. It should be MB copy right to have the AMG badge only on cars that come with it from the factory. Putting it on a non-AMG car is like fake money.
Old 12-24-2013, 09:46 PM

E-class
Originally Posted by Arrie
Please name another company that builds engines for MB serial production models, let alone hand builds them.

Obviously everyone does not respect the facts. In my opinion it should be illegal posting your car different than it was made. It should be MB copy right to have the AMG badge only on cars that come with it from the factory. Putting it on a non-AMG car is like fake money.

per your logic, putting a fake big star grill that is not made by Mercedes on your W212 would also be illegal (?) in fact, the parts you use on your car ARE illegal (both the grill and the star, if the star is aftermarket and not that of C2076/A207 parts) and copyright-protected.

this is the reason that some of the ebay sellers blurred out the mercedes star in their photos. DUH.

ironically AMG badges can be ordered and purchased through any Mercedes authorized dealer - perfectly legal.

Last edited by leapingpoint; 12-25-2013 at 02:37 AM.
Old 12-24-2013, 11:06 PM

BMW 5er

awwwww, you mad bro????

i should respect you and the facts (especially you because you deserve it so much), because AMG is the only division in the world that could possibly have enough knowledge to build a car engine (those darn things are so rare!) up to MB standards.

cough cough, maybe cosworth engineering did it before??? i dunno. maybe.

it should be illegal, damn straight. call the police bro. woowoowoowoo get him arrie, citizens arrest for disrespecting AMG!
Old 12-25-2013, 02:33 AM

E-class
awwwww, you mad bro????

i should respect you and the facts (especially you because you deserve it so much), because AMG is the only division in the world that could possibly have enough knowledge to build a car engine (those darn things are so rare!) up to MB standards.

cough cough, maybe cosworth engineering did it before??? i dunno. maybe.

it should be illegal, damn straight. call the police bro. woowoowoowoo get him arrie, citizens arrest for disrespecting AMG!

Arrie needs to drive a different car to the police station...
or he could get arrested first for having fake mercedes star grill on his car...

Last edited by leapingpoint; 12-25-2013 at 04:24 AM.
Old 12-25-2013, 07:56 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
my thoughts exactly!

i can understand the passion, but some of the dudes here take it to a whole different level...
a whole other level?

LOL

whatever helps you sleep at night..........with your poser AMG
Arrie needs to drive a different car to the police station...
or he could get arrested first for having fake mercedes star grill on his car...
you should offer to drive him in one of your exotics that we're waiting to see.....one of the cars in any of your countries of temporary abode to you
Old 12-25-2013, 10:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

per your logic, putting a fake big star grill that is not made by Mercedes on your W212 would also be illegal (?) in fact, the parts you use on your car ARE illegal (both the grill and the star, if the star is aftermarket and not that of C2076/A207 parts) and copyright-protected.

this is the reason that some of the ebay sellers blurred out the mercedes star in their photos. DUH.

ironically AMG badges can be ordered and purchased through any Mercedes authorized dealer - perfectly legal.

The big star in my 55Tech grille is original Mercedes Benz star. It also came in the original box from MB.

What comes to the grille it is not the same design as MB grille. In fact, at the time MB did not make E-class sedan with the big star grille so I was not trying to make my car to look another model MB makes. Ironically one could argue that MB itself is going with the star grille on E-class based on how popular it has become.

This whole discussion on my part has not been about he body part mods. It has been about my opposing opinion of using the AMG badge in the trunk lid of the car. I don't care what body parts are changed but that AMG badge I don't want to see on a car without the AMG engine.
Old 12-25-2013, 11:33 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2012 E350
The big star in my 55Tech grille is original Mercedes Benz star. It also came in the original box from MB.

What comes to the grille it is not the same design as MB grille. In fact, at the time MB did not make E-class sedan with the big star grille so I was not trying to make my car to look another model MB makes. Ironically one could argue that MB itself is going with the star grille on E-class based on how popular it has become.

This whole discussion on my part has not been about he body part mods. It has been about my opposing opinion of using the AMG badge in the trunk lid of the car. I don't care what body parts are changed but that AMG badge I don't want to see on a car without the AMG engine.
All discussion aside..

That grill star is one of the best I've seen on the W212. Do you mind me asking where and how much you got that grill from and for? And do you think it'll look good on a Black W212?
Old 12-25-2013, 11:35 AM
MBWorld God!

2012 CLS63
Originally Posted by alanme123
All discussion aside..

That grill star is one of the best I've seen on the W212. Do you mind me asking where and how much you got that grill from and for? And do you think it'll look good on a Black W212?
thought it looked okay.......if anything it reminded me of C class grill, not a bad thing.....just sayin'
think I got mine off ebay.....through the indy shop of course

Old 12-25-2013, 12:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

All discussion aside..

I bought it from 55Tech Motors net site. It was $229, now selling $186.

You might like their glossy black with the Distronic star better though. It is the same grille but painted glossy black and the star has a solid glossy backing disk instead of the mesh "basket". They ask $203 for this one. I think this grille would look stunning on a glossy black E. Just imagine the solid star backing in the picture of hype's car.

In my current car I actually have the Distronic system so I need to use the solid backing disk with the star and I think it also looks better than the mesh but this is up to you to decide. It definitely looks way better than the square Distronic grille insert my car came with from the factory.

The grille is the same as in the photo of my previous car in the other post. That is the 2011 E350, now I drive 2010 E550 with Distronic. Nice people at the 55Tech sent me the solid disk for free. I had to pay shipping for it and to fit it I had to do some work as the mounting design had changed for the tab locations. If you buy it now it all fits without extra work.

My advise is to use some glue or epoxy on the tabs on the back side of the star and the backing plate (or basket) as the parts could shake loose or someone could very easily take them off of your car.

Photo of my current car with the Distronic star below.
Attached Thumbnails Mod continues... what do you guys think?!-star-grille.jpg  

Last edited by Arrie; 12-25-2013 at 12:15 PM.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:18 PM

E-class
a whole other level?

LOL

whatever helps you sleep at night..........with your poser AMG

you should offer to drive him in one of your exotics that we're waiting to see.....one of the cars in any of your countries of temporary abode to you
haha, a lot of jealousy there.

picking on grammar now?

i suggest you look up "a whole another" "a whole nother" "a whole other" phrases. what's commonly used ain't necessarily grammatically correct. i guess if you have read or write as much you would know.

Uh, your E550 isn't really orange, is it? why are you posing it as an orange car? 2 Mercedes stars on your hood didn't get you enough attention in your village? i guess orange wrap will do it now!

you guys can walk for all i care. you can't argue with logic so now you pick on the little things to make your life more colorful.

whatever floats your canoe.

Last edited by leapingpoint; 12-25-2013 at 10:46 PM.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:24 PM

E-class
yeah, i already said that. so most likely it's C207/A207 part but used without consent and was installed on aftermarket grill frame. If the star is for C207/A207, and your car isn't, that constitutes "unauthorized" - according to your logic.

so it's okay for you to use unauthorized parts from Mercedes on your car, but others can't put genuine Mercedes parts on theirs?

weak.

it doesn't change the fact that the frame you use is not authorized by Mercedes (and is FAKE).

you brought up this subject and started talking about what is legal and illegal in your own opinion. i only used your own logic to question what you've done yourself. you should go yell at all the vendors who have been selling AMG flat badges, or members who have purchase those flat badges. go now, coz it'll take a while.

it's okay, no need to worry. i won't report your fake frame. and your unauthorized use of the Mercedes star and fake grill doesn't bother me one bit.

Last edited by leapingpoint; 12-25-2013 at 08:41 PM.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:26 PM

E-class
All discussion aside..

hey, you should do more research on it.

the grill he has on is an older version with fatter frame.
the updated version of the grill has a thinner frame which is more similar to the C207/A207 grill they're trying to copy, and looks much better.

there's a thread about this somewhere if you do a search.

Last edited by leapingpoint; 12-25-2013 at 08:30 PM.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:34 PM

E-class
thought it looked okay.......if anything it reminded me of C class grill, not a bad thing.....just sayin'
think I got mine off ebay.....through the indy shop of course

look at all the mercedes stars on your car!
you're really that insecure and are worried that people won't know your car is a mercedes?

like i said, serious insecurity issues!

btw, did you get consent from disney for putting that mickey on your car?
Old 12-25-2013, 08:44 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

hey, you should do more research on it.

the grill he has on is an older version with fatter frame.
the updated version of the grill has a thinner frame which is more similar to the C207/A207 grill they're trying to copy, and looks much better.

there's a thread about this somewhere if you do a search.

Just for your info 55Tech also sells the thinner frame grille but not painted black.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
2004 E320, 2006 Audi A6, 2008 C350 W204, 2010 BMW F10, 2012 Porsche Carrera S 991, 2014 E350 W212
OMG..... This is getting really ridiculous

The man asked what we think about his mods. He did a good job. He likes the AMG 63 kit like some of us like Brabus or Carlsson. So he did it. The AMG badge. It is not necessary, but as long as he is happy with his car. We are all here for the love of modding/driving our cars. Let's all move on.

I do wanna thank Hyperion for posting the picture of Miss Upton. That was the only thing worth seeing on this thread. Now, how do I un-subscribe to this thread so I don't get all those email notifications?....

Last edited by yxc145; 12-25-2013 at 08:48 PM.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:49 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

yeah, i already said that. so most likely it's C207/A207 part but used without consent and was installed on aftermarket grill frame. If the star is for C207/A207, and your car isn't, that constitutes "unauthorized" - according to your logic.

so it's okay for you to use unauthorized parts from Mercedes on your car, but others can't put genuine Mercedes parts on theirs?

weak.

it doesn't change the fact that the frame you use is not authorized by Mercedes (and is FAKE).

you brought up this subject and started talking about what is legal and illegal in your own opinion. i only used your own logic to question what you've done yourself. you should go yell at all the vendors who have been selling AMG flat badges, or members who have purchase those flat badges. go now, coz it'll take a while.

it's okay, no need to worry. i won't report your fake frame. and your unauthorized use of the Mercedes star and fake grill doesn't bother me one bit.

You poser did not say it was original star but rather said it is a copy and that's why sellers on eBay smudge about it.

The grille star is the same part on almost all new cars that have the star grille. There are some very expensive car models with a smaller star.

For rest of the stuff, at least I am not trying to tell people I have a better and more expensive car than what it really is and for you, Mr. Poser, I suggest you read all of my posts really carefully and think while reading them (if you are capable of that task) and you might understand that what I don't agree with is gluing that AMG badge to a car without the AMG engine.

MB could build the car with only AMG engine, transmission and suspension without the body cosmetics and have the AMG badge at the rear and this car would qualify for a real AMG vehicle. But it does not work the other way around. The true AMG E-class does not have 50% higher price tag because of the body trimmings. It has it because of the engine, transmission and suspension.

Last edited by Arrie; 12-25-2013 at 09:01 PM.
Old 12-25-2013, 08:53 PM

E-class
Just for your info 55Tech also sells the thinner frame grille but not painted black.

actually if he plans to paint it black, fatter/thinner frame won't matter as much. so i would suggest him get whichever is cheaper.

Old 12-25-2013, 08:58 PM

E-class
You poser did not say it was original star but rather said it is a copy and that's why sellers on eBay smudge about it.
no, i did mention A207/C207 star (see #107). i also said "some" of the ebay sellers smudge their photos.

The grille star is the same part on almost all new cars that have the star grille. There are some very expensive car models with a smaller star.
still doesn't change the fact that the frame is fake. genuine star on a fake grill/frame. and even if the star is genuine, it was not authorized by Mercedes for you to use it on a fake frame.

i can say "the Mercedes star does mean something to me, perhaps not to you. unauthorized use of the Mercedes star should be illegal". now you see how ridiculous that sounds?

For rest of the stuff, at least I am not trying to tell people I have a better and more expensive car than what it really is.
and someone already said he bought a non-AMG CLS which cost more than the AMG CLS (see #79). so this "one AMG badge = posing i have a better and more expensive car" argument doesn't hold up.

Last edited by leapingpoint; 12-25-2013 at 09:03 PM.
Old 12-25-2013, 09:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

no, i did mention A207/C207 star (see #107). i also said "some" of the ebay sellers smudge their photos.

still doesn't change the fact that the frame is fake. genuine star on a fake grill/frame. and even if the star is genuine, it was not authorized by Mercedes for you to use it on a fake frame.

i can say "the Mercedes star does mean something to me, perhaps not to you. unauthorized use of the Mercedes star should be illegal". now you see how ridiculous that sounds?

and someone already said he bought a non-AMG CLS which cost more than the AMG CLS (see #79). so this "one AMG badge = posing i have a better and more expensive car" argument doesn't hold up.

You really believe that you can buy an AMG SLC for less than a non AMG one, you really believe that?
Old 12-25-2013, 10:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

actually if he plans to paint it black, fatter/thinner frame won't matter as much. so i would suggest him get whichever is cheaper.

alanme 123 never indicated that he would be painting the grille. He simply asked if the grille I have would look good on his car and I pointed out that 55Tech actually sells already painted one. You obviously don't either read or are not capable of thinking and reading the posts and attack against others even when it has nothing to do with your poser mobile.

And I have to apologize here in public that I did not answer your original question of what I think about your car. I think it looks stunning from front and sides and even from rear from some distance but that AMG just makes the whole package a joke and I guarantee you it will bring lots of laughs and jokes amongst people who know what the AMG means when they pull behind your car. You would be better off not using any badges on the trunk lid.
Old 12-25-2013, 10:36 PM

E-class
You really believe that you can buy an AMG SLC for less than a non AMG one, you really believe that?

clearly you're not familiar with the designo option.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Mod continues... what do you guys think?!