E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Canceled M-Brace and MB Apps

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2015 E400 4Matic Coupe
Unhappy Canceled M-Brace and MB Apps

My 3 month free trial of M-Brace Enhanced and Mercedes Benz Apps on my 2014 E350 is coming to an end and I have decided that it is not worth the monthly cost to continue it. The Mercedes Benz Apps are an embarrassment, the speed with which they load makes them unable, for all practical purposes.

Mercedes can take a cue from Lexus, which allows you to have in-car Apps that use your cellphone for internet connectivity. They are a world ahead of Mercedes in this regard. Sure, it is nice not to need to have a cellphone and to be able to access the Internet, but the "speed hit" is huge.

I am hopeful that Mercedes is curious when people choose to not renew these services and that perhaps they will try to figure out what is prompting this. Of course, full iPhone integration via Siri with the in-car screen mirroring the phone screen would be Nirvana. If Chevrolet can do it with their Spark sub-compact, couldn't Mercedes do it as well, or better?
Old 02-06-2014, 12:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BMW 5er
yeah, it's not worth it. i told the dealer not to even turn it on. mbrace called me after a while and didn't sound that aggressive (like they already knew my answer).

i posted this a few days ago:

Old 02-06-2014, 12:19 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'19 MBZ E450 Wagon, '19 BMW 530e
I cancelled the Enhanced bit after the first month. The mBRACE csr have heard plenty of mBRACE2 app slowness complaints.

I am only keeping the regular one for the www.send2benz.com part of the service. I use that to send canyon roads to my car.
Old 02-06-2014, 03:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mercedes e350 BlueTec
Tired it for a month....called them for tech question...they were of zero help....so I cancelled the whole thing. What a waste of time.

Couple that with the fact that I wear bifocals so my near reading (sight) is down. The Mbrace buttons are above my head....no possible way for me to actually see what those buttons say/do. I guess the target audience for these cars is the under 40's (no way...but that must be the way MB thinks).
Old 02-06-2014, 06:41 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
E550
Originally Posted by ghstudio
Couple that with the fact that I wear bifocals so my near reading (sight) is down. The Mbrace buttons are above my head....no possible way for me to actually see what those buttons say/do. I guess the target audience for these cars is the under 40's (no way...but that must be the way MB thinks).
And to add that we with bifocals can't even tell which switches work which interior lights, much less which funny button calls for emergency help.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:00 PM

2014 E350
I like "locate my car" feature, MB says it only works within one mile radius but i can locate my car as far away as 12 miles. Also, i was in a pretty bad accident a few years ago and folks from MBrace called for help and arranged a tow truck.

In my view its not completely useless, i've never paid for it either. It was free for three years with my ML lease, and now i have promotional 6 months with E350. I will probably cancel it at the end of the promotion.
Old 02-07-2014, 12:26 PM

E 250
My plan is to keep MBrace, but drop the plus part. The Automatic Collision Notification, Roadside Assistance, and remote unlock are worth it to me. Concierge not so much.

This is from http://mbrace.mbusa.com/pub141/Image...m141-3007.pdf:

What is included in the Mercedes-Benz mbrace packages?

The mbrace package includes the following services:
• Automatic Collision Notification
• SOS/Emergency Call
• Roadside Assistance Connection
• Stolen Vehicle Location Assistance
• Automatic Alarm Notification
• Crisis Assist
• Safe Ride
• Send2BenzTM
o Search & SendTM
o Drive2FriendTM
o Route2Benz*
• Remote Door Lock
• Remote Door Unlock
• Remote Horn & Lights*
• Vehicle Finder (mobile application only)
• Valet Protect (mobile application only)*
• Dealer Connect
• Vehicle Information

The mbrace PLUS package includes the following services: • Location-Based Traffic
• Location-Based Weather
• Mercedes-Benz Concierge
• Point of Interest Destination Download
• Route Assistance
• Driving Journal*
• Travel Zones*
• Speed Alert*
Old 02-07-2014, 08:12 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350
Originally Posted by instantfob
I cancelled the Enhanced bit after the first month. The mBRACE csr have heard plenty of mBRACE2 app slowness complaints.

I am only keeping the regular one for the www.send2benz.com part of the service. I use that to send canyon roads to my car.

BMW got that for free -_-
Old 02-07-2014, 08:37 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
'19 MBZ E450 Wagon, '19 BMW 530e
That's why they don't discount their car as much lol.
We pay for it one way or another lol.
Old 02-07-2014, 11:13 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 E350 Wagon
I declined the free trial at purchase. I'm perfectly happy with my smartphone...