E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

2014 E350 Bluetooth Audio Skipping Frequently

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-19-2014, 05:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2014 E350 Sport
2014 E350 Bluetooth Audio Skipping Frequently

2014 E350 Bluetooth Audio Skips when attached via Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and Note 3 (only phones I've tried so far). I've tried playing from Pandora on the phone and during 1 song it will skip 5-6 times.

I've also tried to play from Music App on phone with songs stored on internal memory and get the same problem where every song will skip 5-6 times.

Anybody else having this issue? Is it fixable?
Old 05-19-2014, 05:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E350 -2012 W212 4 Matic
skipping is usually cause by bad Bluetooth connection - I suggest delete all profile under Bluetooth and re-establish BT connection and see if that works..

There is a possible you may have BAD BT dongle but i would not worry about that try to eliminate step by step even try a friends iphone - S4 see if it does it on that

then you know it the system and they should able to fix it under warranty
Old 05-19-2014, 06:02 PM

2014 E350 Sport
I will give that a try.
Old 05-23-2014, 08:47 PM
Banned

Happens to me all the time (more often now after the map error last month). All I do is close the system and restart it and it works fine. Happens when I open up the phone or after a long period of driving with it connected. Very annoying...
Old 05-27-2014, 01:41 PM

2014 E350 Sport
Tried deleting profiles, etc. and still skips 3-5 times per song. So far tested on Note 2 & Note 3 and skips on both. Took into dealer today and was able to reproduce skipping on my Note 3 as well as Service Tech's IPhone.

Hopefully they have a software update to fix.
Old 05-29-2014, 02:09 PM

2014 E350 Sport
Dealer did a Command Software Update 829905 Software update for Radio/Command Perform.

So far with Samsung (Verizon) Note 3 there is no improvement and might possibly skip more now than before.

Tech did test with IPhone 5S and said no skipping. I will try an IPhone 5S tonight and see if that skips.
Old 05-29-2014, 03:01 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 2,071 Likes on 1,444 Posts
2014 E63S; AMS 100 octane ecu tune; edok tcu tune; BB intakes; dyno tuned
Good luck, hope the iphone works for u, that's what we have and no problems (5 and 5s). I know it's a pain to switch phones but it's a big deal long term in terms of the enjoyment of the cars audio system
Old 05-29-2014, 04:27 PM

E350 -2012 W212 4 Matic
Samsung Galaxy S4 and i have S5 both not once any drop calls or skip

clear as bells and whistle

sorry you still having a issue with Bluetooth i stream songs via Bluetooth and pandora no issue
Old 05-29-2014, 04:28 PM

2014 E350 Sport
With a problem like this that is easily reproducible across a large selection of different phones it would seem that Mercedes should be able to fix so it works with a majority of the most popular phones.
Old 05-29-2014, 05:58 PM

2014 E350 Sport
OK I think I figured it out. Using developer mode I can choose Stay Awake and as long as it is plugged in it seems to keep the Note 3 from slowing down. Apparently when it sleeps the CPU is running too slow thus causing the skips. Tried 2 songs and no skips.

Also if you root device you can set min CPU speed and it seems like this is a workaround as well.
Old 06-05-2014, 05:35 PM

2014 E350 Sport
Here is one more update. When the phone is unplugged from power it skips 3-5 times per song. When it is plugged into power it skips 1-2 times every 3 songs.

Going to try some different phones and see if the problem follows the car or the phones.
Old 06-05-2014, 09:45 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
'11 E350BTC P2 Leather
There are some instructions on the Pandora website, this eliminated the auto-shut off issue I had with my Samsung S4:

http://help.pandora.com/customer/por...ora-on-android

Android Phones:
If you're having issues listening to the Pandora app for your Android Phone, try the following steps*:
1. Uninstall the app:
  • - From the home screen, press the menu key and select Settings then Applications.
  • - Select Manage Applications.
  • - Scroll down and select Pandora, then "Uninstall."
2. Power down the phone and pull the battery out (if this is possible with your device), then put the battery back in and turn the phone on.
3. Reinstall: Go to the Google Play Store and search for Pandora.
4. Clear data for Pandora:
  • - From the home screen on your device (not Pandora app), press the menu key
  • - Tap Settings.
  • - Tap the More tab.
  • - Tap Application Manager.
  • - Tap Pandora under the Downloaded tab.
  • - Tap "Clear data."
5. Make sure the app is installed to the phone's local memory:
  • - From the home screen on your device (not Pandora app), press the menu key.
  • - Tap Settings.
  • - Tap the More tab.
  • - Tap Application Manager
  • - Tap Pandora under the Downloaded tab.
  • - Tap "Move to local memory." If it says "Move to SD card," disregard.
6. Try switching between Normal Quality and High Quality:
  • - From the "Now playing" screen, touch the back arrow in the upper left corner of the screen.
  • - Go to the Settings tab.
  • - Tap Advanced.
  • - Try both High Quality and Normal Quality audio.
7. If you have a battery saver or task manager app, make exceptions for Pandora or try turning them off completely. To close one of these applications:
  • - Press and hold the home button on your device.
  • - Find the battery saver or task manager app.
  • - Swipe the app to the left or right to close that app.
Android Tablets:
If you're having issues listening to the Pandora app for your Android Tablet, try the following steps:
1. Uninstall the app:
  • - Go to Settings then Applications.
  • - Select Manage Applications.
  • - Scroll down and select Pandora, then "Uninstall."
2. Power down the device, turn the device back on, and reinstall our app.
3. Reinstall: go to the Google Play Store and search for Pandora.
4. Clear data for Pandora:
  • - From the home screen of your device (not Pandora app), open the App drawer
  • - Tap Settings
  • - Tap Apps
  • - Tap Pandora under the Downloaded tab
  • - Tap "Clear data."
5. Try switching between Normal Quality and High Quality:
  • - If you are in portrait mode on the "Now Playing" screen, tap the three vertically-lined squares found on the top right of the screen then tap Settings. If you are in landscape mode on the "Now Playing" screen, tap the gear icon found on the top right of the screen.
  • - Tap Advanced.
  • - Try "High Quality" then "Normal Quality" audio.
6. If you have a battery saver or task manager app, make exceptions for Pandora or try turning them off completely. To close one of these applications:
  • - From the home screen of your device (not Pandora app), tap the "Recent Apps" button.
  • - Find the battery saver or task manager app
  • - Swipe the app to the left or right to close that app.
Note: We do not support Pandora on rooted or unlocked phones, unofficial OS releases, or custom ROMs. We only support Pandora on configurations that we have fully tested, so as to ensure the application will work correctly and won't cause any problems with functions of the device.

*Instructions may differ slightly between various Android devices

Last edited by mikemargolis; 06-05-2014 at 10:16 PM.
Old 06-07-2014, 03:02 PM

'11 E350BTC P2 Leather
By the way, I just switched to a Samsung Galaxy S5 and all problems, including streaming of song artists and titles, are now fixed.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
Did you get a good deal for Galaxy? I am thinking to switch too. Most SACD iso files size is over 4Gb so isn't supported by Android 2.3. It is the reason to switch to Galaxy and get benefits of 128Gb memory stick.
Old 06-07-2014, 11:10 PM

'11 E350BTC P2 Leather
I had an S4 with AT&T, switched to an S5 with T-Mobile. I travel to Europe a lot, and AT&T's prices for international voice, texting and data are ridiculous.

T-Mobile is MUCH MUCH better for the world traveller.

The days of the $200 phone with a 24 month contract are over, now you pay $25/month for the phone and no contract, you just have to pay the phone off to leave them

For me, it was a good excuse to upgrade the phone while switching carriers.

As far as S4 vs S5 goes, much better camera and battery life.

I am a big fan of the Samsungs specifically because of the Micro SD slot so you can expand memory, and the removeable battery. I carry a couple hot spare batteries and never run out of power.
Old 09-27-2015, 12:23 AM

E350
Solved: CPU/ram

After several months if troubleshooting and research, I concluded that the more apps running at the same time makes it worse. That's why rebooting helps but the problem comes back after a while. You can also temporarily fix this by killing un-needed apps. There might be a particular app which is more of a culprit.
Old 09-28-2015, 10:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
2012 and 2007 Maxima
This happens in my Maxima, when i does just restart my phone and turn off the bluetooth in the car and restart everything... Typically always works. I understand your problem is with a Benz but it sounds like connection issues (obviously).
Old 09-29-2015, 04:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i535
I think the problem leads to a performance of a phone. Currently many cheap 64bits phones are available. Google Nexus is about to get a new generation, so perhaps less expensive option is to upgrade a phone than a car.
Old 10-21-2015, 05:52 PM

2008 c350
Originally Posted by davahad
2014 E350 Bluetooth Audio Skips when attached via Samsung Galaxy Note 2 and Note 3 (only phones I've tried so far). I've tried playing from Pandora on the phone and during 1 song it will skip 5-6 times.

I've also tried to play from Music App on phone with songs stored on internal memory and get the same problem where every song will skip 5-6 times.

Anybody else having this issue? Is it fixable?

Hey Guys! I am currently having the same problem!! Has anyone figured out a solution? I appreciate any suggestions!!
Old 10-22-2015, 05:25 PM

E350
Same issue + more

I have experienced the same issue as well.

Y'day ran into another wierd problem. Was jamming via btooth itunes and I could not change volume on command dash nor steering wheel. Could not skip sings as well - almost like the connection got last but the song kept on playing. spooked me a little as I play it loud and could not reduce volume.

After I got my phone and changed there everything became normal.