2103 E350 WAGON - 1-WEEK REVIEW & QUERIES

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-13-2015, 08:13 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
2017 E400 Wagon Black/Black MB Tex P1 & Sport Wheel Package
2103 E350 WAGON - 1-WEEK REVIEW & QUERIES

Morning!

So I have been driving my new '13 wagon for about 8 days and for the most part love it but a few things are driving me crazy that over time I know I will adjust to but curious what other '13 wagon owners think and/or found solutions for like issues.

The car drives beautifully even with the run flats and is definitely a head turner!

1. How do you park the car front-in without absolute fear of hitting the curb or cement bumps and/or sticking to far out so you don't get clipped in the rear ... aside from very carefully? I had them remove the cement bumper in the garage where I park at work as I have a reserved spot. I wanted to put a standing sign up or something to tell me when I was getting close too it but they don't allow signs in the garage so I thought taking the bumper out was the lesser of 2 possible evils as I don't think I will hit the wall as there is usually a car parked to the side of me or on each side by the time I get to the office or I see the shadow of the star against the wall. I went somewhere Saturday thought and must have just cleared the curb parking forward and was really nervous backing out over the curb. I know the cars did not get front cameras until '14 but are there any after-market viable options for one?

2. Backup camera - I get that there are no lines in spite of the manual indicating they exist and this seems like a throwback as our '10 GLK has them and they help. Also the camera seems like it is low.

3. Driver seat adjustment. Is it me or does the driver seat not raise itself very much as in other MB's? I am not very tall and would like to sit up a bit higher in the car.

4. Getting in/out of the car. I seem to keep bumping myself of the side of the sport seat and/or the steering wheel getting in and out of the car. Not sure if I am missing an adjustment. I did find the easy entry/exit setting but that's not doing enough. I was thinking of setting another seat number M2 to how far back i want the seat to be when I get out & get back in.

5. USB port in glove compartment - is that really for charging your phone vs using lighter? Is it as fast?

6. Glare - never noticed this in our '02 wagon but depending on time of day the sun causes a reflection of the far side silver A/C vents onto the windows and in turn to the side mirrors. I even noticed it a bit yesterday with sun room screen open with reflection/glare shining onto dashboard. Really distracting and annoying.

7. Can I manually make dashboard lights brighter at dusk or when I get into the car in a garage?

8. Blind spot triangles. Do you come to like this feature? I am thinking of turning off as it stays on longer than it should for no apparent reason and not really sure of its accuracy and I also find the yellow triangles distracting.

Not having had a new MB since 2010 (GLK) is just causing adjustments and I am one who does not like change that well and for whatever reason these changes seem clunky.

Otherwise love the car. It's a head turner, drives well, great cargo space and very slick.

Thanks for any thought, tips or options from other '13 wagon owners.

Last edited by balthus; 04-13-2015 at 10:16 AM.
Old 04-13-2015, 09:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2011 Mercedes-Benz E350 Wagon (Sport)
1. I too have the same problem with the front spoiler scraping on the parking curbs, now I just park further away from the curb as I don't have the authority at my apartment building to have those removed.

2. No they don't have lines, at least not on my 2011 wagon.

7. You can adjust evening brightness with the little black knob behind the left part of the steering wheel on the dash.

I've had my own share of gremlins with my CPO 2011 E350 Wagon. I guess the more gizmos, the more that can go wrong, but damn does she look good!
Old 04-13-2015, 01:37 PM

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
Mercedes Benz e450 Wagon / Porsche 911 Cabriolet
5. The USB port should do an adequate job of charging your device. It will also allow for music to be played via a USB memory key. For my part, I still use the cigarette adapter to charge my device since it uses the new Qualcomm fast charge technology.
8. Blind spot triangles (yellow) should go away when you start driving faster than 20 mph or so.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:23 PM

I am lucky my parking space at work is reserved and the Building Manager is great. I am just so nervous about not pulling up far enough that if I am in a parking lot that someone drive fast or backing out might clip me. Thanks.

Originally Posted by johnfrancisco
1. I too have the same problem with the front spoiler scraping on the parking curbs, now I just park further away from the curb as I don't have the authority at my apartment building to have those removed.

2. No they don't have lines, at least not on my 2011 wagon.

7. You can adjust evening brightness with the little black knob behind the left part of the steering wheel on the dash.

I've had my own share of gremlins with my CPO 2011 E350 Wagon. I guess the more gizmos, the more that can go wrong, but damn does she look good!
Old 04-13-2015, 02:25 PM

I think I will go back to use lighter for charge as USB seemed slower.

I guess I will get used to the yellow triangles. They just come on so often in city stop & go traffic.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by nycebo
5. The USB port should do an adequate job of charging your device. It will also allow for music to be played via a USB memory key. For my part, I still use the cigarette adapter to charge my device since it uses the new Qualcomm fast charge technology.
8. Blind spot triangles (yellow) should go away when you start driving faster than 20 mph or so.
Old 04-13-2015, 02:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
2012 e350 wagon
1. You could back in and use the camera. The other old trick is to hang a tennis ball.
6. I seem to remember MB changing vents if this bugged people -- for a dark version without reflections. I have never noticed, but our wagon has a very light interior (ash leather).
8. Speed-dependent. Goes off around 20. Under 20 stays on orange as an overall warning. Has to do with he sensor not being able to differentiate a car moving next to you vs. a parked car or object.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:13 PM

Backing into parking spots between 2 cars is not my forte but I do go for the drive-through spot in parking lots more than ever now.

I had no idea you could change vent color. I will check with my sales advisor or service manager.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by adrien
1. You could back in and use the camera. The other old trick is to hang a tennis ball.
6. I seem to remember MB changing vents if this bugged people -- for a dark version without reflections. I have never noticed, but our wagon has a very light interior (ash leather).
8. Speed-dependent. Goes off around 20. Under 20 stays on orange as an overall warning. Has to do with he sensor not being able to differentiate a car moving next to you vs. a parked car or object.
Old 04-13-2015, 03:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts
99 ML430, 01 CLK55, 07 R63, 15 E63 Wagon
#1 Welcome to low car issue world. I either park very far away from the curb, get out of the car to look, and readjust a second time or have my passenger get out and tell me when to stop. A trick thing about the 2014+ E Class with Surround View Cameras has a camera up front that I can view from the screen to tell me when to stop. For cars without said feature I revert back to the first two scenarios.
Old 04-13-2015, 06:32 PM

Ah yes. BTW, beautiful car!

Originally Posted by xxGenericSNxx
#1 Welcome to low car issue world. I either park very far away from the curb, get out of the car to look, and readjust a second time or have my passenger get out and tell me when to stop. A trick thing about the 2014+ E Class with Surround View Cameras has a camera up front that I can view from the screen to tell me when to stop. For cars without said feature I revert back to the first two scenarios.
Old 04-14-2015, 08:34 AM

Received 73 Likes on 55 Posts
Mercedes Benz e450 Wagon / Porsche 911 Cabriolet
Balthus, I should indicate that my cigarette lighter charger uses the new qualcomm 2.0 fast charge technology. But, I don't know if Apple devices can yet take advantage of this feature. For my HTC One M8, the charging speed is SIGNIFICANTLY faster.

Originally Posted by balthus
I think I will go back to use lighter for charge as USB seemed slower.

I guess I will get used to the yellow triangles. They just come on so often in city stop & go traffic.

Thanks.
Old 04-15-2015, 07:49 AM

Got it. Thanks.

Originally Posted by nycebo
Balthus, I should indicate that my cigarette lighter charger uses the new qualcomm 2.0 fast charge technology. But, I don't know if Apple devices can yet take advantage of this feature. For my HTC One M8, the charging speed is SIGNIFICANTLY faster.