Our Loss - Your Opportunity

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2015, 03:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Our Loss - Your Opportunity

Please take a look if you have the chance.....

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ml#post6427446
Old 05-11-2015, 11:46 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2018 Lexus LS500
Originally Posted by Sportstick
Please take a look if you have the chance.....

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ml#post6427446
just a question since I recently moved from mercedes to bmw. Will you replace the e-class with a Mercedes or something else?
Old 05-11-2015, 06:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by BluetecKING
just a question since I recently moved from mercedes to bmw. Will you replace the e-class with a Mercedes or something else?
It's my wife's car. She's not a BMW fan, so we didn't give the 5 strong consideration. We went to the MB showroom and she looked at the current E, which we know is in its final years before the next-gen. Then, she looked at the C and the S to get a mental set of the "brackets" around the E, which would give her a sense of what to expect if we took a short lease to bridge to buying a new next-gen E. She didn't like any of it. So, we looked at Audi and she fell into car love with the A6 3.0 Quattro for the dynamics and the modernity of the instrumentation cluster and heads-up display and the interior design. It gave her a feeling of ease to be able to read the speedometer that simply. So, the A6 is on order for late June/early July delivery.

I replaced my C Class with a 228i, as shown in the signature below, so I made the same brand move you did.
Old 05-12-2015, 01:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350 4MATIC
I'm very sorry about your Benz, that's such an unfortunate event. I'm moving to Detroit suburbs in a few months from AZ.
I am interested in your wheels if you still have them. We have family that could pick them up but I am interested what size are the wheels itself. I'm sure they are 17" and correct me if I'm wrong, but do you know the width and offset.
Thank you.
Old 05-12-2015, 06:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by Nikolica012
I'm very sorry about your Benz, that's such an unfortunate event. I'm moving to Detroit suburbs in a few months from AZ.
I am interested in your wheels if you still have them. We have family that could pick them up but I am interested what size are the wheels itself. I'm sure they are 17" and correct me if I'm wrong, but do you know the width and offset.
Thank you.
They are 17x8 ET35, all four the same, which I believe matches the original, or is extremely close. At this point, one other forum member, Honcho, already asked me to find out the shipping costs to his state. Once I find that out and let him know this weekend (I have to take one to FedEx store to weigh), if he is no longer interested, you have next opportunity. Thank you for asking.

To which suburb are you headed?
Old 05-12-2015, 08:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 74 Likes on 67 Posts
C300 Sport 4Matic
So sorry to see that sportstick ..hope the wife is fine! How's the 228i treating you these days?
Old 05-12-2015, 09:11 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
2018 Lexus LS500
Yes, How is the two series I was considering an M235i for my son, but then thought it might be too fast and got the 328i M-sport.
Old 05-12-2015, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by MBSebas87
So sorry to see that sportstick ..hope the wife is fine! How's the 228i treating you these days?
Originally Posted by BluetecKING
Yes, How is the two series I was considering an M235i for my son, but then thought it might be too fast and got the 328i M-sport.
Yes, she's fine and eagerly awaiting the new car...our first Audi.

The 2 Series has been wonderful and brings me back to the 2002/early 3 Series (I had a 1977) , before BMW became a status symbol/luxury car and some of the larger ones got....large! This 2 is actually a bit bigger than my old 3! The 2 is a blast in a way I could not experience in my prior C Class. It's a 228i and the turbo 4 is silky and powerful enough to get me in plenty of trouble. On the BMW forums, the 228 is the "animal" and the 235 is the "beast". I'm good with "animal". 228i is better balanced than M235i (50/50 vs 52/48) and you can feel the handling. It just wants to run! With stick and Track Package, this is a daily joy ride, although the (ZF) automatic I tried has to be the best automatic trans I've ever driven. The 2 really doesn't compete with anything from MB, as it has no pretense of going after MB style, comfort (it's very comfortable, but in a "functional", not plush, kind of design), nor luxury...it's all about the drive! I've had it since last August and have yet to have the first issue for any repair! Very pleased.
Old 05-15-2015, 06:21 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by Nikolica012
Thank you.
Originally Posted by Sportstick
They are 17x8 ET35, all four the same, which I believe matches the original, or is extremely close. At this point, one other forum member, Honcho, already asked me to find out the shipping costs to his state. Once I find that out and let him know this weekend (I have to take one to FedEx store to weigh), if he is no longer interested, you have next opportunity. Thank you for asking.

To which suburb are you headed?
These wheel/tires were fully paid today by the first buyer who made the inquiry. I'm sorry this did not work out for you, but wish you well on your move here. If I can help with advice on the local area, please feel free to PM me again. For example, there's an excellent MB dealer in Novi and an independent shop in Commerce - MotorWerks.
Old 05-16-2015, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 E350 4MATIC
Thank you for the info. Too bad someone was faster than me but good for you. We're moving to north Warren cuz we still have a house there. I will definitely appreciate any tips on Mercedes service. We will be moving sometimes in August.