Go Back  MBWorld.org Forums > Mercedes-Benz Sedans > E-Class (W212)
Looking at 2014/2015 E350s...advice? >

Looking at 2014/2015 E350s...advice?

Notices
E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Looking at 2014/2015 E350s...advice?

 
Old 09-04-2017, 01:42 PM
  #1  
Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 201
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2007 ML 350 - VIN 4JGBB86E17A211020
Looking at 2014/2015 E350s...advice?

We are long time MB owners going back to 1991; 190, 2 wagons, 2 MLs.

We are keeping our outstanding 2007 ML350 with 250K+ miles...out looking for a second car.

Looked at a newer C class but too $$$. We always liked the look of the E's.

Dealer has a few as does CarMax...some 2WD some 4WD.

This will be mostly a trip car w the ML getting the nod for local trips...especially when the snow hits in Ohio :0

Any advice welcome....
Rauhbatz is offline  
Old 09-04-2017, 03:23 PM
  #2  
Member
 
nc211's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Washington, DC
Posts: 168
Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
2014 E350 4-matic Sport Package / MK7 GTI Autobahn (2015)
I'd go for the 2015, if for anything else, front seat comfort. Look up my "seat pain" thread for details of the seat bottom frame, which I am learning might've been updated in 2015 instead of just 2016.

I'd also go for the 15 for warranty longevity periods. Later model year means later maturity date (absent mileage count of course).
nc211 is offline  
The following users liked this post:
raja777m (09-04-2017)
Old 09-04-2017, 03:58 PM
  #3  
MBWorld Fanatic!
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Charlotte, NC
Posts: 1,014
Received 54 Likes on 52 Posts
2014 E350 4M Diamond Silver
2015 FTW for one more reason: Factory Warranty.
2017 is almost over, so, it is really hard to find a 2014 with all the features you want that still has warranty.
raja777m is offline  
Old 09-04-2017, 04:57 PM
  #4  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Albuquerque, NM
Posts: 364
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
2008 c300
Just found a 2014 with 17 months factory (4 year 50K miles) warranty left. Look around, you might get lucky. Remember, a CPO of any year will have at least 1 year of warranty and I believe, unlimited mileage. I would recommend you not buy a Mercedes without at least 1 year of warranty to get any bugs worked out (even minor can be expensive - you will have 1 year to find them) .

The seats on the 2014 E350 seem to be very comfortable to us - better than our 2014 C300 which was very comfortable on recent 3600 mile road trip. Good luck.
abqhudson is offline  
Old 09-06-2017, 01:28 PM
  #5  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 993
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts
W212 E-class, W211 E-class, F10 5-Series
Originally Posted by raja777m View Post
2017 is almost over, so, it is really hard to find a 2014 with all the features you want that still has warranty.
I did.
Originally Posted by abqhudson View Post
Just found a 2014 with 17 months factory (4 year 50K miles) warranty left. Look around, you might get lucky. Remember, a CPO of any year will have at least 1 year of warranty and I believe, unlimited mileage. I would recommend you not buy a Mercedes without at least 1 year of warranty to get any bugs worked out (even minor can be expensive - you will have 1 year to find them) .

The seats on the 2014 E350 seem to be very comfortable to us - better than our 2014 C300 which was very comfortable on recent 3600 mile road trip. Good luck.
I agree. My seats are very comfortable, and a joy to drive everytime I get in it, aside from that damn pano roof popping...lol
tresean1 is offline  
Old 09-07-2017, 05:31 AM
  #6  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Mountaintop, PA
Posts: 284
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
'76 Triumph TR6, '14 W212 Sport, '09 Audi S5 4.2
I think nc211 and I are in the same camp. I think there are some people who fit just fine in the '14 seats and others (like us) for whom it causes a great deal of actual pain. I cannot sit in this seat, period. I have a 2" thick gel-filled seat pad that I need even for quick runs to the store. Bottom line - when you drive a '14, pay attention to the bones on the outsides of your hips. If they seem to be resting directly on the upturned edges of the seat frame (the steel "bucket"), all the way towards the rear of the cushion where it meets the seat back, you'll have the same issues we do. If you're not feeling it, then you should be fine. I wish I'd known and/or noticed this before buying the car, because now I'm looking at rebuilding the seat using a mishmash of '14 and '16 parts at a great deal of my own expense just to be able to sit in the car for more than 15 minutes. nc211 is generously leading the charge against 2014 seats and offering his car up to be the guinea pig, and I'm praying what he does to his car works so I can egregiously copy it.

I'm finding some other oddities about my particular '14. I have to order wiper blades from the '11-'13 body style (which I actually don't mind because I think they're better...just wish I knew that before shelling out $40 for the wrong ones...). There are a couple other little things that I can't think of right now. I'm beginning to think my '14 is a very early one and M-B were using up some 2013 parts before a hard cut to the new body style.
Darel is offline  
Old 09-10-2017, 07:49 PM
  #7  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 993
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts
W212 E-class, W211 E-class, F10 5-Series
Originally Posted by Darel View Post
I think nc211 and I are in the same camp. I think there are some people who fit just fine in the '14 seats and others (like us) for whom it causes a great deal of actual pain. I cannot sit in this seat, period. I have a 2" thick gel-filled seat pad that I need even for quick runs to the store. Bottom line - when you drive a '14, pay attention to the bones on the outsides of your hips. If they seem to be resting directly on the upturned edges of the seat frame (the steel "bucket"), all the way towards the rear of the cushion where it meets the seat back, you'll have the same issues we do. If you're not feeling it, then you should be fine. I wish I'd known and/or noticed this before buying the car, because now I'm looking at rebuilding the seat using a mishmash of '14 and '16 parts at a great deal of my own expense just to be able to sit in the car for more than 15 minutes. nc211 is generously leading the charge against 2014 seats and offering his car up to be the guinea pig, and I'm praying what he does to his car works so I can egregiously copy it.
Very interesting...do you MB-Tex seats, leather, or Nappa leather?

Originally Posted by Darel View Post
I'm beginning to think my '14 is a very early one and M-B were using up some 2013 parts before a hard cut to the new body style.
Do you know the build date of your car? You should be able to find it on the Data Card.
tresean1 is offline  
Old 09-11-2017, 04:27 AM
  #8  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Mountaintop, PA
Posts: 284
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
'76 Triumph TR6, '14 W212 Sport, '09 Audi S5 4.2
I've got the MB-Tex. Build date 9/13 so mine is a very early '14.
Darel is offline  
Old 09-11-2017, 12:05 PM
  #9  
Super Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: VA
Posts: 993
Received 133 Likes on 124 Posts
W212 E-class, W211 E-class, F10 5-Series
^I wonder if they put different cushions/frames on the vehicles with MB-Tex. I have had nothing but leather in all of my MB's, so I don't have anything to compare the feeling to, but maybe that is the case. I have a friend that has MB-Tex and his seats do seem a little less comfortable but I have never spent an extended period in the car. Maybe go test drive a similar car as yours that has real leather, and see if you feel the same discomfort...?
tresean1 is offline  
Old 09-11-2017, 12:09 PM
  #10  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Mountaintop, PA
Posts: 284
Received 30 Likes on 29 Posts
'76 Triumph TR6, '14 W212 Sport, '09 Audi S5 4.2
Sure...I've got time for that.
Darel is offline  
 

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: