E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

oetuning on a 550 non-turbo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2019 | 12:40 PM

2013 SL550 BiTurbo
oh, ok. I guess I misunderstood. yeah, Using this forum as a channel of communication might come off as overly aggressive on your part, I mean, they have no idea who you are in relation to work done on the car. I would definitely call them with your purchase/work date and info to see what they say...
Old 08-21-2019 | 02:33 PM

2013 E550 4MATIC - P1, P2, SPORT
Posting on a forum about a company that frequents said forum regarding my experience with that company is aggressive...? Gonn'a have to disagree on that.

I'll call them whenever I work up enough give a **** to deal with it I guess.
Old 08-21-2019 | 04:18 PM

2013 E550 sedan
Originally Posted by TeeEl
Posting on a forum about a company that frequents said forum regarding my experience with that company is aggressive...? Gonn'a have to disagree on that.

Why don't you just use the forum PM and send them a message? I did and they were one of the most responsive companies of the ones I contacted with tuning questions...
Old 08-21-2019 | 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by diesel_dan
Why don't you just use the forum PM and send them a message? I did and they were one of the most responsive companies of the ones I contacted with tuning questions...
That's... actually a really really good idea. I legitimately didn't even consider it. Yup, I'm a dumbass it seems.
Old 08-21-2019 | 04:48 PM

2013 E550 sedan
That's... actually a really really good idea. I legitimately didn't even consider it. Yup, I'm a dumbass it seems.
Not at all, I hope you didn't think I was inferring that... Just another way to bring it more personal so you can hopefully get it resolved. Maybe they'll loan you a MyGenius or sell you one cheap, so you don't even have to go in? You read your ID file and send it to them, and perhaps they can tell what is in your ECU...

Good luck in any case.
Old 08-21-2019 | 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by diesel_dan
Not at all, I hope you didn't think I was inferring that... Just another way to bring it more personal so you can hopefully get it resolved. Maybe they'll loan you a MyGenius or sell you one cheap, so you don't even have to go in? You read your ID file and send it to them, and perhaps they can tell what is in your ECU...

Good luck in any case.
No no, I genuinely feel like a ****ing moron because I didn't even consider that. Despite my post count I don't "forum" much so it just didn't even occur to me. I don't mind driving down to their area to have the car checked. Even if they say, "Yup, the mapping's there and it looks good." I just don't want to end up wasting the trip if they're not willing to check, yanno? I'll hit them up.
Old 08-21-2019 | 06:56 PM

2013 SL550 BiTurbo

Let me explain what I meant:
From what I read seemed like you did talk to them and they already told you to "kick rocks" and that is what I was basing my comments on.
Now, no offence to you, just playing "devil's advocate" here... I image you didn't have you screen name on the invoice, right? So, they have no idea if you're a legitimate customer, or just someone talking crap...Kind of a dick move, ya know, especially since you never contacted them directly and here you are flaming them in a public forum of which they are a sponsor. If it was my business, I'd probably ignore you too...sorry.

I hope you can get it worked out, you will really enjoy the car after, for sure. Good luck and let us know how it turns out...and take a selfie after you punch it for the first time, we wanna see that big-*** smile!!!
Old 08-21-2019 | 07:10 PM

Aggressive? Flaming? I think you're being a little overly sensitive on their behalf. It's not good business practice to ever ignore someone, particularly someone who is posting a less than ideal experience. Face it head on and respond. Ignoring it only makes you look guilty. "Maybe if we don't respond he'll go away." My forum name isn't on the invoice, however, it is in their system. So yes, they can very easily just check to see whether or not I'm an actual customer. (I know for certain because I saw my customer entry in their system, it has my forum name, and "mbworld".)

Last edited by TeeEl; 08-21-2019 at 07:13 PM.
Old 08-21-2019 | 07:27 PM

2013 SL550 BiTurbo
Aggressive? Flaming? I think you're being a little overly sensitive on their behalf. It's not good business practice to ever ignore someone, particularly someone who is posting a less than ideal experience. Face it head on and respond. Ignoring it only makes you look guilty. "Maybe if we don't respond he'll go away." My forum name isn't on the invoice, however, it is in their system. So yes, they can very easily just check to see whether or not I'm an actual customer.
Like I said, without contacting them directly, they have no idea who you are... just my $.02

Good luck.