E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

DIY: Joyeauto Wireless CarPlay for NTG4.5/4.7

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 02-02-2021, 04:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Classe b
Hello
​​​​
Does your Android auto box go into night mode on waze or Maps? Because mine it remains in day mode despite it being dark and it is controlled by the phone speaks the dark mode. However, I switch to dark mode .. Nothing happens on the interface. The screen remains in day mode Thanks for your help is your answers
Old 02-02-2021, 04:24 PM

Classe b
Android auto ne passe pas en mode nuit

Old 02-15-2021, 04:35 AM

w205
Hello friends. I have a Comand Online unit on my w205 vehicle. Normally, aux activation can be done on this unit. I bought a new Road Top Carplay unit. I am not satisfied with the sound quality of the USB-AUX adapter that comes in the box. The vendor Comand says it is not possible to get audio with the original Aux. But as far as I can see it says the same for ntg4.7 but works with the original Aux. Do you think NTG5.2 will work with original Aux?
Old 02-15-2021, 07:49 AM

w205
Kablo demetinde aux bağlantıları var.

@cadetdrivr

Last edited by hi_cazz; 02-16-2021 at 04:16 AM. Reason: etiket
Old 02-25-2021, 04:19 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
w204 coupe
I’ve noticed that music volume from Spotify s very quite, I turn volume up to 80-90%, while notifications from google maps or phone calls are very loud.
How to fix it?
Old 02-25-2021, 04:53 PM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
2009 W221
Sorry for hijacking the thread. If have the Joyeauto in a W221 (NTG3.0). Everything works, except the rear view camera (it doesn't work in NTG nor in CarPlay, I just get a black screen when the car is in reverse)
I double checked the dip switches, I tried the (one) troubleshooting tip on their web-site, I checked all the settings in the "Setup" menu and I checked all the fuses, nada
I then reached out to Joeyauto support, which basically had me redo everything I already checked.
Now that they exhausted the 3 troubleshooting steps in their list, they've gone dark on me.
Does anyone have any tips?
Old 03-12-2021, 03:35 AM

w204 coupe
New version for ROADTOP HW BENZ 2

ROAD TOP BENZ2-v2.2.0.1.lt.m4_2-20210125-
https://mega.nz/file/yBMi1J6a#y0g4qD...lil9sy1po-dDFM

ROAD TOP BENZ2 2.1.1.2.lt.m4_2
https://mega.nz/file/PQEg0bDR#1Yrn5B...yGknrHFQJT__ws
The following users liked this post:
AndLarDK (03-12-2021)
Old 03-12-2021, 05:28 PM

C350 Sedan 4Matic
Blank Screen when switching to CarPlay box

Originally Posted by cadetdrivr
This DIY is now largely complete. If anybody else has any suggestions I'd be happy to incorporate them into the main body of instructions.
First off, thank you Cadetdrivr for taking the time to put these instructions together! Very much appreciated.

I’ve taken apart the glovebox and everything and configured all the connections and upon testing before putting things back together I press the back/clr button to enter the CarPlay box and I hear the click, but the screen goes blank. The LVDS cables are all connected in the designated spots, I quadruple checked this.

This is one of the next generation boxes from Carsara, it has the split LVDS cable where there is three ports total, one end goes into the module, another goes directly into the old LVDS cable that used to be in the command unit, and the final one goes straight into the command unit.

I’ve been referencing the forum but cannot for the life of me figure out what I’m doing wrong here. Just praying that it’s not a box issue, took so long to get it in the first place.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help!
Old 03-14-2021, 11:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E350/W212/2016 & C204/2012. Past E350 C207, W204 x2
Originally Posted by Alex_C350
First off, thank you Cadetdrivr for taking the time to put these instructions together! Very much appreciated.

I’ve taken apart the glovebox and everything and configured all the connections and upon testing before putting things back together I press the back/clr button to enter the CarPlay box and I hear the click, but the screen goes blank. The LVDS cables are all connected in the designated spots, I quadruple checked this.

This is one of the next generation boxes from Carsara, it has the split LVDS cable where there is three ports total, one end goes into the module, another goes directly into the old LVDS cable that used to be in the command unit, and the final one goes straight into the command unit.

I’ve been referencing the forum but cannot for the life of me figure out what I’m doing wrong here. Just praying that it’s not a box issue, took so long to get it in the first place.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can help!
Press C (not back button) and hold for 3 secs to open settings in Carplay device.
Old 03-14-2021, 08:39 PM

Received 92 Likes on 65 Posts
2016 S550
Originally Posted by coroneta
New version for ROADTOP HW BENZ 2

ROAD TOP BENZ2-v2.2.0.1.lt.m4_2-20210125-
https://mega.nz/file/yBMi1J6a#y0g4qD...lil9sy1po-dDFM

ROAD TOP BENZ2 2.1.1.2.lt.m4_2
https://mega.nz/file/PQEg0bDR#1Yrn5B...yGknrHFQJT__ws
What does this fix/update for?
Old 03-16-2021, 05:00 PM

2011 C300
Originally Posted by Davery
Since I no longer need my clip on vent iphone holder/charger I decided to make a wireless charging pocket. It turned out pretty good.
I know this is a bit of an older post, but just out of curiosity, what phone holder did you use for this? Do you happen to know what brand or have a link?
Old 03-18-2021, 09:20 PM

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts
2012 E550 Cabriolet 2011 VW Eos 1985 Pininfarina Spider
Originally Posted by TechnoMinute
I know this is a bit of an older post, but just out of curiosity, what phone holder did you use for this? Do you happen to know what brand or have a link?
I made it out of a very thin charging pad and a plastic container.
vich3 (06-19-2022)
Old 03-19-2021, 02:18 AM

C204 COUPE
Lightbulb

Hey Guys,

So I just contacted ROADTOP seller on aliexpress and they sent me their latest update version which is 2.1.1.5 for BENZ2 only

https://we.tl/t-hmTPvH4ySu?src=dnl

But I have seen someone else post 2.2.0.1

I am still waiting on a response from the seller to which one would be best/stable to use
AndLarDK (03-20-2021)
Old 03-21-2021, 05:26 PM

w204 coupe
Originally Posted by ssmann1990
Hey Guys,

So I just contacted ROADTOP seller on aliexpress and they sent me their latest update version which is 2.1.1.5 for BENZ2 only

https://we.tl/t-hmTPvH4ySu?src=dnl

But I have seen someone else post 2.2.0.1

I am still waiting on a response from the seller to which one would be best/stable to use
Testing ROAD TOP BENZ2 2.1.1.2.lt.m4_2 and MCU 20201005 android auto in s10 lite with android 11

Auto Night mode in google maps doesnt work , i have to force it from navigation in the phone in older versions it works perfect......

More things wirelessly conection works perfect but i have to select the highest channel in mmi if i dont do it sometimes i got ramdon disconnects and navigation ang gps from maps doesnt work anymore until i reboot the phone
Old 03-23-2021, 07:21 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
GL450
I followed your outstanding instructions having just purchased the Road Top unit. Upon completing the hookups, everything worked perfectly except SiriusXM no longer works in the OEM Command radio. AM, FM, and weather are all there, but no SAT. Interestingly, there is a SiriusXM weather app in the Command Web app, and when selected it says "device not found". My first thought was that I mistakenly unplugged something I shouldn't have, but on further review / reflection, I am certain I did not, nor did I damage any of the connections.

Interestingly, and possibly related, when I turned MOST = off -->Audio Aux = on --> MOST = on, the Audio Aux remained active (ie: not greyed out) once completed.

I uninstalled the Road Top box, and all the OEM functions work except SAT / SiriusXM is nowhere to be found.

Any guidance appreciated.
Old 03-23-2021, 07:37 PM

Received 319 Likes on 248 Posts
2023 EQB 350 & 2014 GL350
Originally Posted by DTofDUX
I followed your outstanding instructions having just purchased the Road Top unit. Upon completing the hookups, everything worked perfectly except SiriusXM no longer works in the OEM Command radio. AM, FM, and weather are all there, but no SAT. Interestingly, there is a SiriusXM weather app in the Command Web app, and when selected it says "device not found". My first thought was that I mistakenly unplugged something I shouldn't have, but on further review / reflection, I am certain I did not, nor did I damage any of the connections.

Interestingly, and possibly related, when I turned MOST = off -->Audio Aux = on --> MOST = on, the Audio Aux remained active (ie: not greyed out) once completed.

I uninstalled the Road Top box, and all the OEM functions work except SAT / SiriusXM is nowhere to be found.

Any guidance appreciated.
FWIW, 95Sinned420 had a similar issue previously in this thread and found a fix. https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ml#post8109669

Also, you may find that you prefer using the Sirius app in Carplay so you don't have to switch back and forth between AUX and Sirius in the Command menu. It's your option.
DTofDUX (03-24-2021)
Old 03-26-2021, 12:47 PM

w204 coupe
Originally Posted by Nhar Sheitan

Hi friend! have you fixed this problem?? i have similar problem with android auto ( samsung s10 lite and roadtop box HW BENZ2 )
Old 03-26-2021, 01:32 PM

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
GL450
Yes - the reply to my post re: re-enabling the SDARS (Sirius XM Radio) function in the command system (not the box) did the trick. Here is the thread he referred me to.

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...ml#post8109669

Old 03-28-2021, 01:57 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 E350 Cab with NTG4.5, Harman Kardon, reverse cam, (almost) installed Road Top
Originally Posted by inittab
You probably have one of the video output cable from the RoadTop unit loose incorrectly corrected. Pull everything apart and check the connections again.
Hi @inittab - I've run into exactly the same issue you reported. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting all the cables multiple times, but I'm still not getting a Road Top CarPlay screen (I can hear the unit clicking, lights are glowing inside, it's warm, and my COMAND locks up when the Road Top is 'trying' to put a menu on my screen, but no menu ever shows up). Did resetting the cables do the trick for you, or did you wind up doing something else?

Thanks,
John
2012 E350 Cab with Harmon Kardon, reverse cam

FOUND my problem: I had the LVDS connected incorrectly - double & triple check your connections.

Last edited by jgarr16; 03-30-2021 at 09:50 PM. Reason: update on problem solution
Old 03-30-2021, 09:01 AM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2010 g
I have just installed this unit in a W166 (GL350) and it is amazing! Wanted to report here for anyone who is on the fence thinking of buying one.

I got the RoadTop (labelled as "BENZ2") and it is just great.. worked right away once plugged in!

A few questions though...looking to install 2.2.0.1 which I downloaded here.. how do I install it? There is a zip file I downloaded, but it has a BIN file inside it. Do I need to unzip? And I assume it goes in the root of a USB key, but what is the password to install? I get a 4-digit password screen that pops up when I try to go to Firmware update.

Also, there are two programmable buttons on my GL near the knob that controls COMAND. A dark star and a light star. I had the dark star programmed to turn on/off the 360 degree camera. So when parking in a tight area, I could turn on the cameras if required. Now with the RoadTop unit installed, those buttons no longer work and I have no way to easily turn on the cameras when parking (they only come in in reverse). Very annoying as I used this all the time. Any ideas other than requesting this "feature" to be added to the vendor? (which I assume they won't want to do.....)

Old 03-30-2021, 10:53 AM

Merc W176
Aux Audio Woes

Hi Guys

For the life of me I can't get the audio to work through the harness using the engineering aux input. Like others here I was told I had to use the AMI connector and the 3.5mm output from the unit but the sound wasn't great so I now want to use the aux input built into the wiring harness.

What is frustrating is I actually got the audio to work once but now I can't get any sound from the road top unit unless I use the AMI aux input in the armrest console.

My car has NTG4.7

What I have done.

1. Disconnect the AMI cable in the armrest console.
2. Go into the engineering menu as per post 2 and verified aux is on
3. Reboot the carplay unit and the HU
4. change the HU to the AUX audio screen.
5. Go into carplay and test some music = no sound arrgghhh

Has any got some idea on how I can try and get the audio working without using the AMI connector? I just can't get it working.

Thanks
Old 03-30-2021, 12:26 PM

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
2010 g
Originally Posted by prestj
Hi Guys

For the life of me I can't get the audio to work through the harness using the engineering aux input. Like others here I was told I had to use the AMI connector and the 3.5mm output from the unit but the sound wasn't great so I now want to use the aux input built into the wiring harness.

What is frustrating is I actually got the audio to work once but now I can't get any sound from the road top unit unless I use the AMI aux input in the armrest console.

My car has NTG4.7

What I have done.

1. Disconnect the AMI cable in the armrest console.
2. Go into the engineering menu as per post 2 and verified aux is on
3. Reboot the carplay unit and the HU
4. change the HU to the AUX audio screen.
5. Go into carplay and test some music = no sound arrgghhh

Has any got some idea on how I can try and get the audio working without using the AMI connector? I just can't get it working.

Thanks
How are you rebooting the HU? I found that turning it off and back on does NOT reboot it. None of my changes would work until I started rebooting it properly. I put the key in position two (so all the dash lights light up, but don’t start the engine). Then shut off the car and open the drivers door.

Have also heard that holding the ON button on the COMAND unit for a few seconds will do it.
prestj (04-02-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 01:47 PM

Merc W176
I've tried holding down the HU "on'' button for a few seconds until it reboots, that's how I've been restarting it.

Thanks
Old 03-30-2021, 09:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
2012 E350 Cab with NTG4.5, Harman Kardon, reverse cam, (almost) installed Road Top
I still have my Road Top unit outside of the dash (haven't tucked the cables in yet, want to make absolutely certain that everything is working first...). Because I have it accessible, I can see that the RT unit remains powered on for quite a long while after shutting everything off. There's a light green light inside the box. Another way to tell is by plugging in a thumbdrive and watching its activity LED. The RT unit stays powered on for about 5 minutes after turning off all power in the car. I was struggling with connections at first and it made me wonder if you have to ensure that the box is completely powered down when applying changes and rebooting... if so, you need to wait for around 5 minutes between power cycles.
prestj (04-02-2021)
Old 03-30-2021, 10:17 PM

Merc W176
Thanks, makes it a PITA to troubleshoot things ...Might have to unplug the CAN cable from the unit to force it to reboot after each change

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 5 votes, 5.00 average.

Quick Reply: DIY: Joyeauto Wireless CarPlay for NTG4.5/4.7