E-Class (W212) 2010 - 2016: E 350, E 550

Warranty nightmare!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 03:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
E350 Bluetech
Warranty nightmare!

So I bought my 13 E350 Bluetec in September 2021. Birthday gift to myself. I also got an extended warranty, it covers a majority of the main components and all Gaskets/ seals. Thinking perfect, it’s used I have no idea who used and abused it before me.

Bring it in for its first service (per the dash) and I come to find out the car hasn’t been serviced for over 7 years. So I have them look the car from top to bottom. Test everything, $300 bill whatever. Better safe then sorry.

We find a few things wrong. Both intake Manifolds fail they’re cracked and a build up of carbon, Coolant pressure test fails, Engine seal, and the oil cooler is leaking.

no big deal I’m thinking.. I have a warranty that covers everything but the oil cooler… well I assumed wrong..

The only thing covered is my engine seal. $1200 repair. Why? They are claiming the build up of carbon in the manifolds is the cause of the failed gaskets and the crack and that’s a maintenance issue. Well I haven’t even put 5000km on this car. It’s been at the shop since the end of October.

They have had my car for a few months to get the service completed per the warranty requirements. I’m not allowed to repair anything on this car myself also per the warranty agreement. And the cost for all the services that needed to be done, almost $5,000… well that kinda money isn’t in my budget after buying a car that was suppose to be “ready to go” “flawless”. So they have been using the car as a time filler.

Global Warranty - a company in Ontario Canada, rated the top for Customer Service and 90% Claims approval rate…

Now I’m laid back, also keeping my cool even when I’m angry. Yes Ma’am, Yes Sir, please and thank you’s I’m polite… I was raised correctly..

Anyways I speak with the Claims Adjuster and he tells me with a very inappropriate tone “we will never cover your manifolds because of the high cost associated with them” and goes on to tell me he spoke with his managers and they have all agreed that even the gasket repair would be denied because the build up of carbon Is the cause. I haven’t had the car long enough for that to be true.

So I ask to speak with a Manager, and I’m put on hold then hung up on, I call back no big deal things happen. I get a manager and the first thing he has to tell me… you have only the 2 star coverage not the 3 star…) which really doesn’t matter because it still covers everything that’s wrong). This man isn’t polite, stating he’s the Vice President of Claims and what he’s says is final and hangs up. I haven’t even said a word or introduced myself.

So I call back and get this Vice President again, and I go over the shops repair order and what is written on it… There is build up of carbon in the manifolds affecting the electronic flappers, which doesn’t affect the drivability of the car but, the coolant leaking in will cause severe damage and at the bare minimum the gaskets need to be replaced. Warranty Coverage is clear for both Manifolds and gasket repairs per Global Warranty Guidelines.

Well he’s says no, absolutely not going to happen, we are not replacing your manifolds, there isn’t anything wrong with them but the electronic part which we don’t cover… ok not a big deal I understand, so I ask… do I not have coverage for all gaskets and seals per 3.2 of the contract. He says “Technically yes” I stop him it’s a yes or no question… he says YES they are covered. So I say well the gaskets failed so let’s get them replaced. He laughs and tell me no way are we covering this vehicle, it’s to Expensive to repair but we will cover the engine seal and hangs up on me again.

I don’t even know how to proceed with this… from reading up on them, they won’t pay for more then you’ve paid for the coverage and most times they deny coverage…

I don’t see anyone legal action, but I feel like that’s the only way to get what I’m entitled to…

Old 02-09-2022, 04:30 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,622 Likes on 1,191 Posts
2014 E550-sold 😩
I feel for you, but third party warranties aren’t worth the paper they are printed on, period.
I have had Mercedes CPO and extended warranty services with never an issue regarding coverage. The dealer just wants to fix it and unfortunately your third party warranty is playing the deny game. You know those morons get paid to deny claims, right?
Get a good lawyer
The following 2 users liked this post by KEY08:
DFWdude (02-09-2022), pierrejoliat (02-10-2022)
Old 02-09-2022, 04:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 254 Likes on 183 Posts
1991 964 Turbo, 2002 Black E55, 2002 Black E55 " The Beast"- 2014 E63s
When and how did you purchase it? If paid via CC you can start a claim with them within certain time frame, ask them? There are only few 3rd party companies that we all recommend and I guess Global is not part of it?

Another thing, wy don't you cancel it and get your money back 'coz nothing is going to be covered per your conversation?

Leave them a good review and also call your consumer state attorney's office and file a complaint with them

Old 02-09-2022, 06:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,448 Likes on 2,297 Posts
MY'14 W212 M276 3.5NA @60kMi
Good faith or Scammed ?

Was there any evidence of heat exchanger failure (oil/coolant mayo) prior to testing ?

When the pressure relief cap is replaced with a test pump, extreme pressure has no escape besides the weakest point.... it's easy to pop the heat exchanger gasket with over pressure.

Between the Benz shop and the warranty thiefs you're getting a warm introduction....

To ease your pain...
I too purchased the extend warranty believing the advertising hipe. When my car started to miss parts and covers after useless dealer work, I resolved to fix issues myself.

This luxury struggle is purposely designed and orchestrated - It's hard to win a case of David against Goliath, "good money against bad money", I sided to cut 'em loose.

​​​​​​​

Last edited by CaliBenzDriver; 02-09-2022 at 11:11 PM.
The following users liked this post:
pierrejoliat (02-10-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 02:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 513 Likes on 346 Posts
1983 Nissan Shltbox
Caveat emptor. Warranties are a scam. Good luck.
Old 02-10-2022, 08:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,128 Likes on 754 Posts
12 E350 4Matic 13 E350 4Matic AMG Sport
The best advice I can give you is go consult with an attorney, take all your documents and correspondence, before you go write up the history in a timeline and note how many days you've been without the car since purchase, take your time and review your notes.

I am not able to speak directly to Canadian law on this, or every state in the US, but in many states you should win easily, this is a lot of money, so worth your time of an hour or so to find out where you stand. This is completely the opposite of my dealers position on extended warranty from Mercedes, they seemed to want to do as much as possible under warranty, obviously aftermarket warranties are different, but from what you've written so far and that being verifiable, seems to me you have a case. Don't be shy, it's your money!
KEY08 (02-10-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 10:09 AM

Received 94 Likes on 59 Posts
2013 E550 Sedan, 2005 E500 4matic Wagon
Look at the exclusions list. It's bigger but more vague than the coverage list. When I worked for GM I was told to push these 3rd party warranties. The ones I had to argue with on the phone for coverage. I pulled people aside when I could and told them to avoid the 3rd party warranty. Never purchase a 3rd party warranty. It's just padding for the salesman.
pierrejoliat (02-10-2022)
Old 02-10-2022, 06:51 PM
SPONSOR

Received 245 Likes on 189 Posts
2001 E55AMG
Originally Posted by Irwinboi
So I bought my 13 E350 Bluetec in September 2021. Birthday gift to myself. I also got an extended warranty, it covers a majority of the main components and all Gaskets/ seals. Thinking perfect, it’s used I have no idea who used and abused it before me.

Bring it in for its first service (per the dash) and I come to find out the car hasn’t been serviced for over 7 years. So I have them look the car from top to bottom. Test everything, $300 bill whatever. Better safe then sorry.

We find a few things wrong. Both intake Manifolds fail they’re cracked and a build up of carbon, Coolant pressure test fails, Engine seal, and the oil cooler is leaking.

no big deal I’m thinking.. I have a warranty that covers everything but the oil cooler… well I assumed wrong..

The only thing covered is my engine seal. $1200 repair. Why? They are claiming the build up of carbon in the manifolds is the cause of the failed gaskets and the crack and that’s a maintenance issue. Well I haven’t even put 5000km on this car. It’s been at the shop since the end of October.

They have had my car for a few months to get the service completed per the warranty requirements. I’m not allowed to repair anything on this car myself also per the warranty agreement. And the cost for all the services that needed to be done, almost $5,000… well that kinda money isn’t in my budget after buying a car that was suppose to be “ready to go” “flawless”. So they have been using the car as a time filler.

Global Warranty - a company in Ontario Canada, rated the top for Customer Service and 90% Claims approval rate…

Now I’m laid back, also keeping my cool even when I’m angry. Yes Ma’am, Yes Sir, please and thank you’s I’m polite… I was raised correctly..

Anyways I speak with the Claims Adjuster and he tells me with a very inappropriate tone “we will never cover your manifolds because of the high cost associated with them” and goes on to tell me he spoke with his managers and they have all agreed that even the gasket repair would be denied because the build up of carbon Is the cause. I haven’t had the car long enough for that to be true.

So I ask to speak with a Manager, and I’m put on hold then hung up on, I call back no big deal things happen. I get a manager and the first thing he has to tell me… you have only the 2 star coverage not the 3 star…) which really doesn’t matter because it still covers everything that’s wrong). This man isn’t polite, stating he’s the Vice President of Claims and what he’s says is final and hangs up. I haven’t even said a word or introduced myself.

So I call back and get this Vice President again, and I go over the shops repair order and what is written on it… There is build up of carbon in the manifolds affecting the electronic flappers, which doesn’t affect the drivability of the car but, the coolant leaking in will cause severe damage and at the bare minimum the gaskets need to be replaced. Warranty Coverage is clear for both Manifolds and gasket repairs per Global Warranty Guidelines.

Well he’s says no, absolutely not going to happen, we are not replacing your manifolds, there isn’t anything wrong with them but the electronic part which we don’t cover… ok not a big deal I understand, so I ask… do I not have coverage for all gaskets and seals per 3.2 of the contract. He says “Technically yes” I stop him it’s a yes or no question… he says YES they are covered. So I say well the gaskets failed so let’s get them replaced. He laughs and tell me no way are we covering this vehicle, it’s to Expensive to repair but we will cover the engine seal and hangs up on me again.

I don’t even know how to proceed with this… from reading up on them, they won’t pay for more then you’ve paid for the coverage and most times they deny coverage…

I don’t see anyone legal action, but I feel like that’s the only way to get what I’m entitled to…
I'm sorry to hear about your terrible experience, as a warranty provider, it pisses me off when I hear stories like this, I unfortunately have never head of this warranty company before. How do you know this has been the vehicles first service in 7 years? Is there not documentation that says other wise? Or having been serviced, the service provider can tell there has not been a service in x amount of years... I'm sure 7 year oil has a very specific look/consistency. I'm not sure why other forum members are so quick to blame on you, obviously not your fault, I'm blaming the seller of the vehicle to you and the issuer of the warranty for misleading you. Send me an email at tgibson@highline-autos.com I want to see your contract and see if I can find anything to help you out, being from the other side of the deal.
badbenz94 (02-11-2022)