E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

How To: Replace center console

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-05-2017, 11:49 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 771 Likes on 609 Posts
One does not need to see the cover in person. An image is more than sufficient to determine that the grain looks fake and it is too glossy. It does not blend in with the natural grain black ash wood or the black flowing lines wood. I wouldn't pay fifty bucks for it either.
The following users liked this post:
Atilio (02-03-2021)
Old 08-05-2017, 11:59 AM

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts
2017 W213
Originally Posted by vic viper
Also, I would never mount some chinese made, non genuine part on my car.
Vic have a good look at the pic as i said its a cover not a replacement for the center console.
why do you have such a bad idea about Chinese made stuff i am sure that if we had a look in your house there are lots and lots of stuff made in china you should be more open minded about life and not so hard on the Chinese who are just trying to make a living like you do and by the way M/Benz has a very large factory in China that is also one of the big markets for M/Benz and if its good enough for them at Benz its O.K. with me
Old 08-05-2017, 12:02 PM

2017 W213
Originally Posted by ua549
One does not need to see the cover in person. An image is more than sufficient to determine that the grain looks fake and it is too glossy. It does not blend in with the natural grain black ash wood or the black flowing lines wood. I wouldn't pay fifty bucks for it either.
One only gets it if one wants it NO one is telling you that its a must buy have an open mind and enjoy ones car more
cheers from the colonies here in Australia.

Last edited by grange3; 08-05-2017 at 12:33 PM.
Old 08-05-2017, 12:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 267 Likes on 163 Posts
S213
Originally Posted by grange3
Vic have a good look at the pic as i said its a cover not a replacement for the center console.
why do you have such a bad idea about Chinese made stuff i am sure that if we had a look in your house there are lots and lots of stuff made in china you should be more open minded about life and not so hard on the Chinese who are just trying to make a living like you do and by the way M/Benz has a very large factory in China that is also one of the big markets for M/Benz and if its good enough for them at Benz its O.K. with me

Yes, Daimler has a factory there, also the Iphones are made there, but then under Daimler and Apples owns specs and QC.

I am pretty sure these covers arnt made up to Mercedes OE standards.

And why this promoting of yours?, arnt people entitled to their own opinions, good or bad?
Old 08-05-2017, 12:29 PM

2017 W213
Yes, Daimler has a factory there, also the Iphones are made there, but then under Daimler and Apples owns specs and QC.

I am pretty sure these covers arnt made up to Mercedes OE standards.

And why this promoting of yours?, arnt people entitled to their own opinions, good or bad?

I am not promoting just giving some information about something i found on the internet...opinions are good putting anyone down is not whoever they are or what ever they make........
Old 08-05-2017, 03:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,393 Likes on 1,934 Posts
2020 S560 Sedan, 2019 SL450, 2019 E450 Luxury Trim Wagon
Guys, the HUGE deal here, is that MB has obviously stepped on their Johnson, with the black, plastic, cheap looking, cheap performing (easily scratched) P.O.S. center console cover. I challenge each and every one of you to pick up the phone and call MBUSA to register your unhappiness over this obvious flaw in an otherwise amazingly wonderful interior. AND, tell them that what you NEED from MB, is to have them REPLACE these ridiculous black panels with correct, real wood panels that match the rest of the trim in your particular car. Somebody at MB needs to be fired over this. Nobody in their right mind would put a cheap, crummy, center console panel like these in a car like this, PERIOD! Come on guys, PICK UP THE FRIGGING PHONE!
The following 3 users liked this post by Streamliner:
BF3PDZ (08-05-2017), grange3 (08-05-2017), OLDs550 (01-25-2022)
Old 08-05-2017, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
Originally Posted by Streamliner
Guys, the HUGE deal here, is that MB has obviously stepped on their Johnson, with the black, plastic, cheap looking, cheap performing (easily scratched) P.O.S. center console cover. I challenge each and every one of you to pick up the phone and call MBUSA to register your unhappiness over this obvious flaw in an otherwise amazingly wonderful interior. AND, tell them that what you NEED from MB, is to have them REPLACE these ridiculous black panels with correct, real wood panels that match the rest of the trim in your particular car. Somebody at MB needs to be fired over this. Nobody in their right mind would put a cheap, crummy, center console panel like these in a car like this, PERIOD! Come on guys, PICK UP THE FRIGGING PHONE!

Well this is your personal opinion and I think you are exaggerating,
looking at this matter with objective unbiased eyes, the console looks really good in the piano black.
Also had several customers point out to me that they like the classy looking interior and how the shiny console matches any chosen trim.

Then again, sure it is sensitive and a dust magnet, but for the majority of the customers this is no real issue.

For the rest of us that take great care in the looks of our cars either use a soft cotton cloth to regularly maintain the stock panel or simply pays the price for a new panel.
Old 08-05-2017, 08:46 PM

2017 W213
Originally Posted by Streamliner
|You are 100% right i have called M/Benz months ago about this and at least they should have stock of the Black Ash Open Grain original panel and if want we can buy it from them.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:10 AM

2017 W213
Well this is your personal opinion and I think you are exaggerating,
looking at this matter with objective unbiased eyes, the console looks really good in the piano black.
Also had several customers point out to me that they like the classy looking interior and how the shiny console matches any chosen trim.

Then again, sure it is sensitive and a dust magnet, but for the majority of the customers this is no real issue.

For the rest of us that take great care in the looks of our cars either use a soft cotton cloth to regularly maintain the stock panel or simply pays the price for a new panel.
Vic you must be in training as a politician its all about do as i say not as i do.... if the console looks really good in the piano black as you have in your last Quote why did you change it within only months of having your new car was it about the look or the dust for you.The point is that you can NOT buy a new panel because M/Benz does not have any to sell that's why Streamliner had a great idea for us the ones that would like to buy panel from Benz and change the panel its not about the dust but about availability of the panel and i still agree with him 100%. As we say in Australia Benz dropped the ball on this one they stuffed up. Its O.K. to make a mistake its not good to have no plan to fix your mistake not having stock is no plan .

Last edited by grange3; 08-07-2017 at 04:21 AM.
BF3PDZ (08-07-2017)
Old 08-07-2017, 09:42 AM

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
E class, C class
Its O.K. to make a mistake its not good to have no plan to fix your mistake not having stock is no plan . [/B]
MB Australia...sigh...I have my W213 schedule to be built next year, I hope by then MB Australia will allow customers to chose the type of trim for the center console.
Old 08-07-2017, 09:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

S213
Vic you must be in training as a politician its all about do as i say not as i do.... if the console looks really good in the piano black as you have in your last Quote why did you change it within only months of having your new car was it about the look or the dust for you.The point is that you can NOT buy a new panel because M/Benz does not have any to sell that's why Streamliner had a great idea for us the ones that would like to buy panel from Benz and change the panel its not about the dust but about availability of the panel and i still agree with him 100%. As we say in Australia Benz dropped the ball on this one they stuffed up. Its O.K. to make a mistake its not good to have no plan to fix your mistake not having stock is no plan .

wow, english is your native language and I still cannot understand half of what you wrote.

My reply was directed to Streamliner who pretty much wanted all of us to contact MB to tell them they are suckers for designing the car this way.

Daimler is not intentionally holding these panels, they will be available in time, the 238 model is still very new.
Old 08-07-2017, 10:57 AM

2017 W213
wow, english is your native language and I still cannot understand half of what you wrote.

My reply was directed to Streamliner who pretty much wanted all of us to contact MB to tell them they are suckers for designing the car this way.

Daimler is not intentionally holding these panels, they will be available in time, the 238 model is still very new.
What do you mean by and i quote you "English is your native language and I still cannot understand half of what you wrote" yes English is my native language so what of it?.... In my house we speak 4 languages fluently because of the places we have lived and worked in.

Streamliner is saying that Benz has made a mistake with the piano black center console on how it looks and i am saying not having any stock of the Black Ash Open Grain original panel to replace it with is a bigger mistake.
Benz is not intentionally holding onto these panels they just do not have any to sell that's is a bigger mistake...
Old 08-07-2017, 11:47 AM

2017 W213
Originally Posted by BF3PDZ
MB Australia...sigh...I have my W213 schedule to be built next year, I hope by then MB Australia will allow customers to chose the type of trim for the center console.
I think its a very good car only needs a few things to make it a great car its not M/Benz Australia but Daimler AG that it will be up to make a decision like that.
Do not worry you have made a great choice getting the Benz E W213 i hope you have a trouble free run with it and i wish you all the best.
BF3PDZ (08-07-2017)
Old 08-07-2017, 12:17 PM

2017 W213
[QUOTE=vic viper;7231999]wow, english is your native language and I still cannot understand half of what you wrote.

Please tell me which half of what i wrote you do not understand its all in English mate...
Old 08-08-2017, 03:41 AM

Received 87 Likes on 83 Posts
2017 C43 AMG Saloon
Please tell me which half of what i wrote you do not understand its all in English mate...
I have to jump in the middle of a good 'fight' but some of your sentences are long. I had trouble recalling the beginning of some when I was near the end. In the internet age, a lot of us, self included, have terribly short attention spans... Forgive us please
Old 08-08-2017, 04:58 AM

2017 W213
[QUOTE=guhvies;7233067]I have to jump in the middle of a good 'fight' but some of your sentences are long. I had trouble recalling the beginning of some when I was near the end. In the internet age, a lot of us, self included, have terribly short attention spans... Forgive us please

The world communicates in 140 character now days i keep forgetting about this.
Short attention span can be a problem. Having trouble recalling the beginning of sentences when you get to the end also can be a problem
not so much for me but for the ones that have this problem.
Problems come and Problems go its like our attention span.
I find that if i ever forget the beginning
of a sentences I read it again just a thought you may want to try this technique.
I really hope the sentences were not to long or to short but just right in length.
Cheers

Last edited by grange3; 08-08-2017 at 05:00 AM.
guhvies (08-09-2017)
Old 08-08-2017, 08:32 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by guhvies
I have to jump in the middle of a good 'fight' but some of your sentences are long. I had trouble recalling the beginning of some when I was near the end. In the internet age, a lot of us, self included, have terribly short attention spans... Forgive us please
The world communicates in 140 character now days i keep forgetting about this.
Short attention span can be a problem. Having trouble recalling the beginning of sentences when you get to the end also can be a problem
not so much for me but for the ones that have this problem.
Problems come and Problems go its like our attention span.
I find that if i ever forget the beginning
of a sentences I read it again just a thought you may want to try this technique.
I really hope the sentences were not to long or to short but just right in length.
Cheers
My English teacher instructed us to avoid "run on" sentences as bad grammar.
Old 08-08-2017, 09:07 AM

2017 W213
My English teacher instructed us to avoid "run on" sentences as bad grammar.

One does not give a rats a** that's an old saying we have in Australia and i am sure you have the same saying where you are from too.
So much fun so little time.....

Last edited by grange3; 08-08-2017 at 09:31 AM.
arnsbrae (08-08-2017)
Old 08-08-2017, 10:52 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

One does not give a rats a** that's an old saying we have in Australia and i am sure you have the same saying where you are from too.
So much fun so little time.....
So you are keeping your rats a** rather than giving it away.
Old 08-08-2017, 11:39 AM

2017 W213
So you are keeping your rats a** rather than giving it away.

Yes sure am keeping it.
After a question form you like that looks like you must be giving yours away.
Hope the economy picks up for you and you can at least make $5 for your rats a** and not have to give it away for free as you are now doing.
By the way didn't your English teacher instruct you to put in a question mark after asking a question at the end of your sentences.
Has one forgotten teachers instructions ........

Last edited by grange3; 08-08-2017 at 12:20 PM.
Old 08-08-2017, 12:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Yes sure am keeping it.
After a question form you like that looks like you must be giving yours away.
Hope the economy picks up for you and you can at least make $5 for your rats a** and not have to give it away for free as you are now doing.
By the way didn't your English teacher instruct you to put in a question mark after asking a question at the end of your sentences.
Has one forgotten teachers instructions ........
My comment was a statement, not a question.
Old 08-08-2017, 02:38 PM

2017 W213
My comment was a statement, not a question.
Is that the best you can do as a come back!

you must be a pome as we say here
or maybe from Tasmania..............
no offence to the people from tassie but you know what i mean.

Last edited by grange3; 08-08-2017 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-10-2017, 10:01 PM

Received 247 Likes on 149 Posts
2018 E400W4 EU Delivery 1999 E320 2022 E53 COUPE
For all the guys that really do not like the look of the plain Piano Black finish on the center console, here some pics of a cover i found on the internet you use it to protect the center console and is not just plain black you can have this on the console till the Black Ash Open Grain original panel is available at the parts dependent at your dealership and is UNDER $50 U.S.
What is the website that sells the covers? From I can see in the pictures that E class is very customized interior with floor leather kind of like Brabus style.
Old 08-10-2017, 11:29 PM

2017 W213
Originally Posted by Wassaby
What is the website that sells the covers? From I can see in the pictures that E class is very customized interior with floor leather kind of like Brabus style.

Have a look at both aliexpress.com and eBay.
I do not know anything about Brabus.
Good luck hope you find what you are looking for.

Last edited by grange3; 08-11-2017 at 09:50 AM.
Old 08-18-2017, 08:37 PM

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts
Past 03 SL500,03 C240, 07 E350, 07 ML350, 10 ML350,11&14 E350 X2 2017 E300, 2017 C350e & 2000 S500
Is anyone elses trim around the cup holder peeling apart? the brushed aluminum thin line that goes around it is peeling apart, it feels like a cheap thin aluminum that you use in the kitchen. Very disappointed as the car is barely used or has it even seen a cup, just a cell phone storage. Will post pictures when I get a chance.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: How To: Replace center console