e300 or glc300?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-19-2018, 01:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bmw
e300 or glc300?

Hi all,

Our C300 lease is coming up and can't decide which car to upgrade to. I feel with the GLC300, we may get that SUV with more crago space, but the interior will be the same as our current c300. it will be too similar, whereas, with the e300, the interior is fresh and will be new to us, but will have to sacrifice on cargo space, plus two child seats in the back.

Which would you think will be better? driving will the e300 be better or the glc300, or should we look at something else, different brand? the new RDX wont be released until summer, but does look good from at th epics and videos we have seen.

Another factor will be lease deals, and discounts, between the two which will lease well?
Old 03-19-2018, 02:23 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
2020 E350, 2019 GLC 300
Originally Posted by tin369
Hi all,

Our C300 lease is coming up and can't decide which car to upgrade to. I feel with the GLC300, we may get that SUV with more crago space, but the interior will be the same as our current c300. it will be too similar, whereas, with the e300, the interior is fresh and will be new to us, but will have to sacrifice on cargo space, plus two child seats in the back.

Which would you think will be better? driving will the e300 be better or the glc300, or should we look at something else, different brand? the new RDX wont be released until summer, but does look good from at th epics and videos we have seen.

Another factor will be lease deals, and discounts, between the two which will lease well?

My primary car is a '17 E300 and my wife's the GLC 300 - as you say they are 2 different vehicles - if you want the high tech lux then it's the E the GLC can serve to haul stuff - the electronics are identical to the C (had one of those for my daughter - it's off lease now). Depends on what you really need. BTW for both of ours they're loaded with drivers assistance, advanced LED's etc.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2018 E class 4matic
My preference will be the E300. I have the 2018 E300 and had the GLC as a loaner while my car was in the shop, I was happy I bought the E300. Even my 10 yr boy preferred the E300 to the GLC.
Old 03-19-2018, 02:56 PM

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
2018 E400 4Matic
My wife has the RDX. It's nice and all, but it rides like a truck. I find traveling in it a bit uncomfortable. She likes it because she's short and it puts her way up above traffic.
I drive a 2011 Audi A4 and the ride is so much nicer than the RDX. I have an E400 being built and the ride in that car is just awesome.
As others have said, these alone are such different considerations it's hard to compare them objectively. It might come down to what might you hate yourself for if you don't get it in the new vehicle. About the only time we need the extra space in the RDX is hauling stuff to our son's on Thanksgiving. Taking less, or splitting into two cars isn't a good enough reason to get another SUV. But my wife likes the driving position. Whattya going to do?
Old 03-19-2018, 03:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 770 Likes on 608 Posts
In the E Class the rear seatbacks fold giving one plenty of space to carry lengthy items such as lumber, skis, … I've carried tall boxes by putting them through the sun roof. I've not regretted getting rid of my SUV's. I had 3 until 2015.
Old 03-19-2018, 03:51 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 E400W4 Sedan Luxury Trim
Unless you can't fit your gear in the E I think it's the better choice, more cabin space, more refined interior, better driving car, better lease deals and incentives since everyone is obsessed with SUVs right now. I also like to get whatever car is "best in class" and in my opinion the E class is best in class for midsize luxury sedans but I'm not sure I'd pick the GLC over the X3 or F-Pace.
Old 03-19-2018, 04:46 PM

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts
2018 E300 Luxury - P3 and more
There's no two ways about it -- the GLC is based off the C-Class. The E-Class is a completely different animal. MUCH more refined, quiet, smooth. The interior from the E-Class was borrowed from the S-Class, at least if you have a fully-loaded E-Class. Likewise, Distronic in the E-Class is from the S-Class, whereas the C-Class uses an older version of it. Even though there's shared engines & transmissions, they don't act the same. From what I can see, it's more than just different programming. Interior noise levels on the E-Class, especially with the Acoustic Package and 17" wheels, is much less than the C/GLC.

Do you absolutely *NEED* an SUV? Seriously? I grew up in a family where we only had sedans & coupes, never had an SUV or minivan. I can't think of too many times where it's ever been an issue. I can, however, think of many times when the stability, maneuverability, and safety of a quality sedan made the difference between avoiding a nasty accident and being involved in one.

I've always figured I could rent an SUV or truck if I needed one, which I did...once -- a flatbed truck and we were moving a washer, dryer, and refrigerator, three things which wouldn't have fit in a GLC individually, let alone combined. The flatbed truck cost me a whole $22. That's once out of 20+ years of driving.
Old 03-19-2018, 07:49 PM

Received 72 Likes on 64 Posts
Porsche Cayman S, Mercedes W213, Nissan Titan, BMW X5, Chevrolet Suburban
Originally Posted by tin369
Hi all,

if you’re looking at a GLC is it because of the the space needs compared with your existing car? If you are using car seats an SUV could be a practical way to carry other things as well. My 2 cents.