E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Question about Dashboard and Centre console trim swap

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-22-2018, 07:35 AM

Received 95 Likes on 72 Posts
Mercedes E220d AMG Line Estate (S213) and Mercedes E220d AMG Line Cabriolet (A238)
Question about Dashboard and Centre console trim swap

Hi, new member here. I have already trawled through all 32 pages of this sub forum and there is some really great stuff contained.

I have a new E Class Cab and E Class Estate on order (both 220d AMG Line fully loaded) which should be arriving in September (way over due but that is another story). My question is about part numbers for interior trim. Where I live here in Germany my local dealer is fairly rubbish and likes to make you feel really guilty when you ask them to do something like look up a part number and order it for you. So here goes:

Mercedes Benz UK are very restrictive on the types of interior colours and trims you can get. In the changeover to 18/01 cars (MY19 code 809) which our cars are the Black Flowing Lines dashboard trim (option H16) has been dropped so we have been forced to have the Cabriolet black ash (dash and console) which is not what we wanted (Estate is OK as that's coming in metal weave and gloss console) as the flowing lines will look better (in my wifes opinion and since its her car that's what counts!) with the black./white nappa leather. Would someone be so kind as to provide part numbers for both dash and door trim pieces in H16 and also a high gloss black centre console. The door pieces need to be Burmester stereo, memory seats and heated seats/airscrarf button compliant, and the dashboard trim (RHD car) needs to accommodate the row of buttons to the right of the steering wheel for the Driver Assistance plus pack.

Once I get the numbers I can then price and see where we go from there.

More posts to follow about car details and pictures when they arrive.

Many thanks in advance of an answer.

Last edited by Bfgslkman; 06-22-2018 at 07:39 AM.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:20 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
Check PM.
Old 06-22-2018, 12:44 PM

Mercedes E220d AMG Line Estate (S213) and Mercedes E220d AMG Line Cabriolet (A238)
Awesome, PM'd
Old 06-22-2018, 05:25 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
How long have your cars been delayed? I am in France and my car (220d 4matic estate) was ordered in Feb expected June now coming Sept. Delay is due to the new emission test regime my previous car lease has finished though the car was killed in a flood 2 weeks before! Mercedes are covering a c class loaner pending delivery.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:01 AM

So our cars have been delayed due to 2 main issues, dealer incompetence and a lack of widescreen cockpits (WSC). In November 17 we ordered 2 cars (a 220d SE Estate and a 220d AMG Line Cabriolet) for deliver May/June 18. All good and nothing untoward until late Feb when MB UK say there is an issue with WSC and that we may not get a car until Sep. OK - so does this apply to my Estate I ask, wait a bit, wait a bit more - answer yes it does.

Long story short we wait until early May and a build slot comes through for the Cab of 09 Jun. Happy days, but then they give me the build print and it says model year 808 (in other words the current MY18 car). Having now become an expert in following which websites provide up to date info about all things MB I now know that the new MY19 cars go into production for 238 and 213 models from 01 Jun. These cars not only are Euro 6d WLTP but have upgrades to the Distronic (now linked to Comand to reduce speed for bends and roundabouts) so I have already said that since we have been delayed on build/delivery we will only accept an 809 car (which we have to as we can't collect until Sep and 808 cars can't be registered after 30 Aug 18). After a bit of to-ing and froing MB say it will be an 809 car but we can't have the interior trim we want because for 2019 you can only have double black ash or aluminium crystal cut with black ash middle. Hence our current problems in this thread.

Similar story with my Estate except having accepted the order in Nov 17, MB UK have only now admitted (but have always promised it will be OK) that we can't have massage seats/heated rear seats and heated windscreen as these options in the UK were dropped from 01 Apr production. Then we get news it will be built 2nd decade July but the day of change lockout (2 days ago) they say our car will be built without air suspension and is that OK! Clearly not this, has now been pushed back to 3rd decade Aug as this is the next build slot with Air suspension. Only upside is that because they have now admitted we can't have some option we have changed to an AMG Line car.

I suspect your car was delayed for a combination of two reasons, 1). WSC shortage, 2). Build slot availability with big ticket options. In UK for example if there are 100 cars a month allocated, 30 might have WSC and only 10 with Air suspension so in my case I was chasing one of those 10 slots. My come is being ordered direct with MB UK and not a "dealer" so if they are struggling to get build slots then a dealer could be struggling even more. I don't think there have been any real issues for MB with Euro 6 WLTP compliance as they are well ahead of the game. All C, E and S Classes from 01 Jun production and near enough everything else from 01 Jul has/will be WLTP, but some engine choices have been limited (mainly non AMG petrols which we don't get in UK). E220d has been unaffected.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:32 AM

Have just update my signature so this should now show the cars we (will) have, but don't think it will show on my first couple of posts above
Old 06-23-2018, 05:17 PM

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply. Very interesting.
mercedes france package the cars a bit differently to the UK. I have an executive line (traditional grille) on order 4matic and airbody control plus other options Inc the widescreen display.
My sales rep does not offer info 're order codes and vin nos and I suspect it would be hard to get the info though I may ask when I next see him but the garage is 45km away and I am not in the town often. Sending an email will be a waste of time....the French tend to only respond to emails when it is critical to do so!
I was hoping to get the new steering wheel with the cruise and limiter controls on it but not so sure I will from what you say. Certainly the car was not constructed by the 18th of this month when we collected the loan car we have. The sales rep confirmed with mercedes they were paying for the loan car and how long it would be for and they confirmed our car was now going into the production schedule. Early Sept likely might just be end of August.
I do not know if france has a restriction on registering old euro6d cars but certainly the new co2 figures has a direct impact on registration costs. Mine is going from 140 euro to over 800 euro but mercedes are paying......
I can understand your frustration to not have what you ordered after this time. Hope it can be worked out.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:04 AM

All I know is that all cars built after 01 Jun 18 for 213 and 238 models are classified as 809 cars or MY19 cars. This means they will have the new steering wheel and the enhanced distronic functionality.

If you can read German then this link explains:

https://blog.mercedes-benz-passion.com/2018/04/aenderungsjahr-18-1-fuer-die-e-klasse-der-baureihe-213/

This is a brilliant source of info. If your isn't yet built then it will be an 809 car reflecting the changes above. Of course MB may not release the car as they want to make sure until all existing non compliant post Aug 18 stock is cleared but that's another issue.

Yes, in UK the tax will increase (it's called Vehicle Excise Duty VED) and is based on CO2 emmisions. As the SE has gone from 109g to 125g then this will not increase too much (about £80 in the first year), the AMG goes from 120 to about 135g and this means about an extra £200 in the first year. From the second year all cars pay the same £140/yr and an additional £400 if the list (not the paid) price is over £40,000. It's a rediculous system and full of stupid annomilies but will likely be reformed in 2020 when the full WLTP Euro 6d RDE is in effect.
Old 06-24-2018, 02:08 PM

So back in on thread....

Can those who have bought centre consoles confirm if one needs to order both the console and the ashtray cover or do they come together if one orders the company console??

Thanks
Old 06-24-2018, 02:33 PM

I have researched a long thread on this site relating to changing the centre console cover. Originally the only option was the piano black then the coupe came out with wood trim options as well so some members swapped.

Vic viper started the thread so if you search for his posts you will find the thread about changing the console in a w213 complete with pics.

from the thread it seems the console comes complete with the ashtray cover. Maybe Vic you can confirm? Vic works for a mercedes dealer and has access to part now ect. He has helped me before.

Bonnie chance
Old 06-24-2018, 02:43 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 4,435 Likes on 3,152 Posts
'71 Pinto
https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w213/664358-how-replace-center-console.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/private.php?do=newpm&u=106166
Old 06-24-2018, 04:30 PM

I have read Vic's thread and am happy about the how, it was just after getting the part no.s (&#128077 it seemed the console and ashtray were seperate part no.s but I thought I had read on the forum that if you order the console it comes with the ashtray lid?
Old 06-25-2018, 02:18 AM

The last entry indicated it came as one piece.

pm Vic (the link sent above ). Am sure he will guide you he has helped lots of members and has full access to mb parts now.
Old 06-28-2018, 05:01 AM

Thank you for of all your replies; really helpful. Still in shock as my local German parts department phoned me back yesterday (it's been a week and I was very sceptical given his body language when I asked the question), but sadly he said he couldn't order any parts unless the car VIN he was ordering against had those parts original. Can't prove this one way or the other but I do know that Land Rover have similar ordering constraints.

Does anyone based in UK or Germany on this thread know if this is true ( I can't believe it is as how have those of you who have ordered a black ash to replace your shiny console done it?) or is there a work around (I suspect fining a coupe/cabriolet (238 type) with designo black flowing lines in RHD might prove difficult to "borrow the VIN"??

Again thanks ahead of any responses.