E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

Leather seats after ownership for new owners

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 12:03 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Mercedes Benz E200 Avantgarde 2016 + MercedesBenz GLC250 4Matic 2016
Leather seats after ownership for new owners

I think this thread will be pretty useful for ppl considering buying a new E-Class but confused on the leather they should go for, whether nappa, normal leather, or even MBTEX.. include rates out of 10 please.

I am going to start, my E350e had done 18,000 km, i went for Designo Nappa Machiatto Beige Leather, 5000$ option. Is it worth it? Sure it is, first of all, i can still smell the leather even after these long days. Furthermore, the color combination is stunning (beige, and that orange or caramel color), Designo badges are mind blowing, and they are absolutely comfy. However as you will see in the pics, they get dirty quick so it needs continuous care! Oh i forgot! The look of the steering wheel with leather-wood option is awesome, you should go for it! Rate? 8/10
Old 07-27-2018, 12:07 PM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Mercedes Benz E200 Avantgarde 2016 + MercedesBenz GLC250 4Matic 2016

Passenger seat

Driver seat

Driver seat 💺

Stitching with that color iare fantastic

Steering wheel 👏🏻

Floor mat, full of dirt although it is cleaned continuously 😅

Back seat

The colors with stitching 👌🏻👌🏻

Lunar blue, night package

Last edited by Obeidat; 07-27-2018 at 12:30 PM. Reason: Added pics
The following users liked this post:
arnsbrae (07-27-2018)
Old 07-27-2018, 12:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
The ONLY reason, IMHO to go with leather seats on a MB is to be able to get ventilated seats. I have standard leather and ventilated seats in my 2016 C300. The Cranberry Red leather is wearing really well. The leather smell isn't important to me, to be honest. MB Tex is actually comfortable and much more durable. But I live in Florida, where it's hot and muggy most of the year, so Ventilated seats are a godsend. As to the wood and leather steering wheel, it's nice looking, but if you wear rings, like a wedding band, I found it annoying in the 2012 E350 Coupe I had it on. That's an option I can and have passed on in my current car and the E450 build I have put in.

I'm glad you're enjoying both options in your car.

Ps: your seat bottoms look like they are in need of a good cleaning. I'm too OCD to have light colored leather as I'd be cleaning mine every day........LOL
Old 07-27-2018, 12:24 PM

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts
2018 E400 4matic Wagon
We have the $1600 leather seats in macchiato beige in our wagon (they should have called this ivory). The carpeting is black and it shows a lot of dirt. The dash, steering wheel and upper/lower door panels are also black. The black on the lower doors dosn't show scuff marks the way it would if it were all macchiato beige all the way down.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 797 Likes on 629 Posts
I had MBTex on one car - never again. It is terrible stuff in a hot climate because it smells like plastic and does not breathe. Even solid leather breathes a bit to reduce the moisture between a body and the seating surface. Ventilated leather is the best. My Machiatto Beige seats look new as does the black carpets after almost a year of daily driving. They get vacuumed once a month along with the rest of the interior. The exterior gets a coat of Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax once a month as well.
Old 07-27-2018, 12:40 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 327 Likes on 260 Posts
2019 E450 4Matic & 2018 E400 4Matic
Originally Posted by ua549
I had MBTex on one car - never again. It is terrible stuff in a hot climate because it smells like plastic and does not breathe. Even solid leather breathes a bit to reduce the moisture between a body and the seating surface. Ventilated leather is the best. My Machiatto Beige seats look new as does the black carpets after almost a year of daily driving. They get vacuumed once a month along with the rest of the interior. The exterior gets a coat of Meguiar's Ultimate Quik Wax once a month as well.
It's all personal preference. I want leather and ventilated seats for the obvious reasons like you as it's a hot environment here in Florida. My partner on the other hand prefers MB Tex, which is a bonus for me as it saves money!
Old 07-27-2018, 01:42 PM

Received 54 Likes on 38 Posts
e300
IMO lighter colored leather shows dirt really bad. For daily use it’s impossible to keep clean.

For a weekend car, heck white suede seats can stay clean because your not in and out all the time

I like your interior but I can’t look at dirt on white carpets, too hard on my eyes 😀
Old 07-27-2018, 01:43 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts
2018 E400W4 Sedan Luxury Trim
Wood/Leather steering wheel is great, I will make sure my next car has it.
I have the MBTEX in mine and I had a loaner with the ventilated napa, the MBTEX is very good and comparable to the cheaper leather in other German sedans. That being said, the smell and feel of the real leather combined with the ventilated seats really takes the car up to the next level. I will try and get this on my next car.