Front grill without logo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-10-2019, 05:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
c300
Front grill without logo

Hi everyone!

I always loved the MB badge ornament on the hood, and would like to have a w213 e-class with one but without the logo on the front grill. I searched about it and found nothing. Does anyone knows if it exist, or if it's doable? Like can a certain grill be moded to remove the star logo, like the precedent generation of e class.

I love the ornament but it would be too redundant with the star on the grill for my taste.

Thank you all, tell me if I was not clear.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:30 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
I am french based and have a grille style front like the old mercedes with a traditional 3 pointed star mounted on the bonnet. I like seeing the star emblem from the driving seat sad i know!

So i think its possible but the front mouldings have to be changed as the more common sports grille with the big star in it is different dimensions to the classic grille.

Am sure someone will come along with a more detailed reply.
The following users liked this post:
Ryado (07-10-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 05:41 PM

Received 114 Likes on 76 Posts
2024 AMG GLE 53
If you do not want the MB star logo in your front grill you can remove the star and retrofit a custom design of some sort possibly. But your only other option would be the luxury grill which does not have the star.
The following users liked this post:
Ryado (07-10-2019)
Old 07-10-2019, 05:41 PM

c300
Weird because I'm french too haha don't want to start a stereotype here.

When you say modding the front mouldings you're talking about the grill or the car itself? If it's too complicated I'd go for the no-ornament but that is the last case. Been searching about this for a couple days now. I can't believe that someone never thought about this, or are we just some fancy *** french people
Old 07-10-2019, 05:42 PM

Just checked there is a thread in the forum. Vicviper who is extremely knowledgeable responded search his posts and it will come up. Seems you need a new bumper....
Old 07-10-2019, 05:46 PM

c300
Originally Posted by suby01
If you do not want the MB star logo in your front grill you can remove the star and retrofit a custom design of some sort possibly. But your only other option would be the luxury grill which does not have the star.
https://youtu.be/j1sbpLqxVWA
Hey thanks a lot ! I did not know that existed. It is exactly what I'm looking for, except the chrome but can live with it. I now know the term I'm looking for the ease my search.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:46 PM

Where are you based. I am anglo french ....well hope to be got my naturalisation dossier sitting at my local prefecture.......

I really prefer the old style grilles especially on the e but i know they are no longer considered cool!
Old 07-10-2019, 05:50 PM

Great video. I have distronic and so the grille is a bit compromised by the sensor plate but not badly. The one in the video was sans distronic.
Old 07-10-2019, 05:54 PM

c300
Originally Posted by parkwood
Where are you based. I am anglo french ....well hope to be got my naturalisation dossier sitting at my local prefecture.......

I really prefer the old style grilles especially on the e but i know they are no longer considered cool!
Likewise hahaha. Based in montreal.

Originally Posted by parkwood
Just checked there is a thread in the forum. Vicviper who is extremely knowledgeable responded search his posts and it will come up. Seems you need a new bumper....
Maybe I need to refine my search skills but did not found post regarding specificly this issues. The guy really seems knowledgable about the ornament though.

So the option that I save seems to be to replace the entire front bumper. Now I expect this to cost a bit, especially if wanting to keep the distronic (or it's not even keepable? I don't know)
Old 07-10-2019, 06:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,753 Likes on 1,123 Posts
2016 E350 Sport
The video is interesting. You can replace the star grille with the luxury grille, OK, but look at the video and you will see you get the small MB emblem in the middle-top of the grille, as with all traditional grilles of the past.

This would be "redundant" with any upright star you install in the hood (easily doable). OP said he did not want redundance, but that is what you get with the elegance versions of the grilles.

I have yet to see an "Elegance" grille without the centered, upper emblem.

Last edited by DFWdude; 07-10-2019 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 316 Likes on 233 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
Originally Posted by Ryado
Hi everyone!

I always loved the MB badge ornament on the hood, and would like to have a w213 e-class with one but without the logo on the front grill. I searched about it and found nothing. Does anyone knows if it exist, or if it's doable? Like can a certain grill be moded to remove the star logo, like the precedent generation of e class.

I love the ornament but it would be too redundant with the star on the grill for my taste.

Thank you all, tell me if I was not clear.
Of course this would mean not having Distronic, which is a great feature on the W213, in my opinion.
Old 07-10-2019, 07:29 PM

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
2017 E300W
Any idea of the cost to retrofit to the luxury grill?
Old 07-10-2019, 07:33 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
C200
From reading it seems that you haven't bought the car yet? In that case look for an e class with the luxury trim from stock just like the one in the picture below. They still build these ones but they don't sell as much as the other trims.

See the thread here for more pics

https://mbworld.org/forums/e-class-w...xury-trim.html

It's much better to buy one like that from factory rather than buying the other trims and then trying to replace the whole thing.

It should come without the sporty suspension which provides a more comfortable ride.

Looking for a used one might be a bit challenging as these are not that popular.

Last edited by Almashayekhi1; 07-10-2019 at 07:37 PM.