E-Class (W213) 2016 - 2023

2023 E450 All-Terrain ... Let the deliveries begin ..

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2023, 02:46 PM

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
E450 All Terrain
@Alan Smithee Thanks - I just confirmed the sheet I have has a VIN and PO number and the dealer info - not sure why it's redacted on what I posted. MB Westminster outside of Boulder / Denver.

I would expect the MB-Tex is still standard - the dealer actually tried to talk me out of leather actually on account of having dogs. I'm looking at the order guide they sent me and see the same - MB-tex doesn't appear to be an option.
Old 01-09-2023, 03:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 575 Likes on 434 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
Originally Posted by pdhoffmann
@Alan Smithee Thanks - I just confirmed the sheet I have has a VIN and PO number and the dealer info - not sure why it's redacted on what I posted. MB Westminster outside of Boulder / Denver.

I would expect the MB-Tex is still standard - the dealer actually tried to talk me out of leather actually on account of having dogs. I'm looking at the order guide they sent me and see the same - MB-tex doesn't appear to be an option.
in the past to get ventilated front seats you had to order leather. With MB-Tex you could not order ventilated seats.
Old 01-10-2023, 09:54 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Audi S5 Sportback
2023 interior vs 2022 interior

I've posted several times about the saga of my 2022 All-Terrain. I'm finally moving on to a 2023. I notice that the interior is now described as "standard" whereas in 2022 it was described as "sport." The MB website still hasn't upgraded to 2023 photos. Can anyone confirm that the 2023 seats and interior are the same as the 2022?
Old 01-10-2023, 12:27 PM

Received 165 Likes on 120 Posts
2022 E450 All-Terrain
Originally Posted by Alan Smithee
Still curious to know if MB-Tex is standard for 2023, or if leather is a 'mandatory' option. Went back and confirmed that the 2023 order guide only indicates 'leather' or 'nappa leather' interiors.
I know 100% that leather is an option on the 2023 model, and one of the specs of a 2023 model I saw a while back, had it outfitted with MB-Tex (Blue exterior with Beige MB-Tex)..
The following users liked this post:
Alan Smithee (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 12:34 PM

Received 165 Likes on 120 Posts
2022 E450 All-Terrain
Really unbelievable that in January 2023 the MBUSA website still shows 2022 models and pricing. Reflects very poorly on the brand, IMO. That said, from the 2023 order guide posted here months ago, it looks like leather might be standard for 2023, somewhat justifying the price increase
I agree that leaving their web presence to be in a shoddily maintained state, with outdated data, reflects poorly on the brand. When I was looking for cars, and was checking out the inventory at the nearby dealers, almost all of the cars displayed as being in-stock (available for purchase), were already sold weeks back……defeating the very purpose of displaying their new car inventory on their website.
M. Schneider (01-28-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 02:25 PM

Received 305 Likes on 231 Posts
E450 wagon, C43 AMG Cpe, C43 AMG Cab
Still curious to know if MB-Tex is standard for 2023, or if leather is a 'mandatory' option. Went back and confirmed that the 2023 order guide only indicates 'leather' or 'nappa leather' interiors.
Leather is a $1,620 option. I believe Tex is standard.
Old 01-10-2023, 02:44 PM

Took delivery of my wagon today. The dealer actually delivered it to my home!! Haven't had a lot of time with it but with one short drive and poking around with all the tech I am truly impressed. The car is very quiet, responsive and luxurious. I have owned many MB models over the years and would describe the level of luxury pretty close to an S Class. I had thought about another S Class but that car is just too big for my current needs. So the wagon is about as close as you can get in a reasonable sized vehicle. Just for the record, my comments may be influenced by the fact that I have daily driven a G Wagon (3) for the past eight years. So going from basically a body on frame "truck" to the E 450 Wagon represents a pretty significant contrast. I'm still in the process of figuring everything out but so far am pleased with the choice. I still have the utility of a good sized cargo area so nothing lost there. From an aesthetic point of view I do think the car sits a little high by about two inches and I don't care for the black fender surrounds. The car is Nautical blue so the wheel arch surrounds don't contrast as much as the do on the lighter colors. As far a the tech is concerned the G Wagon always lagged behind other MB models so I'm learning this aspect as I go along. I'll post some pictures and give some further impressions as I spend more time with this beauty. Looking forward to some happy motoring.
pdhoffmann (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 04:10 PM

Received 46 Likes on 32 Posts
2023 E450 AT wagon, and 2013 E350 coupe
Originally Posted by pdeacon
Took delivery of my wagon today. The dealer actually delivered it to my home!! Haven't had a lot of time with it but with one short drive and poking around with all the tech I am truly impressed. The car is very quiet, responsive and luxurious. I have owned many MB models over the years and would describe the level of luxury pretty close to an S Class. I had thought about another S Class but that car is just too big for my current needs. So the wagon is about as close as you can get in a reasonable sized vehicle. Just for the record, my comments may be influenced by the fact that I have daily driven a G Wagon (3) for the past eight years. So going from basically a body on frame "truck" to the E 450 Wagon represents a pretty significant contrast. I'm still in the process of figuring everything out but so far am pleased with the choice. I still have the utility of a good sized cargo area so nothing lost there. From an aesthetic point of view I do think the car sits a little high by about two inches and I don't care for the black fender surrounds. The car is Nautical blue so the wheel arch surrounds don't contrast as much as the do on the lighter colors. As far a the tech is concerned the G Wagon always lagged behind other MB models so I'm learning this aspect as I go along. I'll post some pictures and give some further impressions as I spend more time with this beauty. Looking forward to some happy motoring.
Congrats! When anyone actually gets one in their possession, it is cause for a toast.
The following 2 users liked this post by rmgrenley:
pdeacon (01-10-2023), pdhoffmann (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 04:17 PM

Received 261 Likes on 167 Posts
From an aesthetic point of view I do think the car sits a little high by about two inches...
The car sits lower in Sport or Eco modes (and higher in either of the Off Road modes).
Old 01-10-2023, 04:36 PM

After much research and exhaustion, I have ordered a cargo area protection mat that I am going to try. I decided to forgo the MB tray and the Weathertech tray because of their high "lips", particularly on the front end where it would interfere with pushing or placing any cargo past it when the rear seats are down.
I went with a mat from Exactmats.com, and I went with the black X edition (which is thicker than their regular clear one), and they kindly sent me a CAD drawing with measurements. I ordered it specifically with the standard cut out for the cargo area handle but WITHOUT the 4 smaller cut outs for the D rings, which we have never used in the 30+ years of having MB wagons. They were very helpful in verifying the measurements and making the "cut out" change, and they produce each mat to order. It is on its way, and I will report back when I receive it and install it.
It was basically the only option I could find for a "lipless" protective mat customized for the MB AT anywhere.

https://www.exactmats.com/products/M...edes&year=2023

Now, next item is a protective cover for the backs of the front seats, door panels, and rear of the back seats when they are down. This, on the lowered rear seats, is where our dogs lie when we pack cargo in the back, so that they are close to us and the rear windows can be opened a bit for them if needed.
I am considering one of many hammock styles that we would just lay the back part over the lowered rear seats (rather than attaching them to the upright rear seats, since this would limit the cargo area more if the seats were up).
But that leaves the need to protect the doors.

Has anyone tried any of the door protectors? I don't want to use adhesive velcro, and it looks like the only other options are the tabs that fit between the window and the rear door, such as is offered by Canvasbacks, Orvis, adn others...some with thin plastic, some with flanged plastic to "not fall down into doors" (!) But these may work in some cars, and may not in others. Oh, and some hammocks have side panels that hang from the ceiling handles, but this seems cumbersome.
Anyone tried successfully these or any door protectors in the MB All Terrain???
Old 01-11-2023, 09:15 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Audi S5 Sportback
2B9 Memory Seats with reduced functionalities

Can anyone tell me which functions are reduced on the All-Terrain's memory seats? The 2022 I had ordered didn't have this disclaimer, but the 2023 does.
Old 01-11-2023, 02:18 PM

Doug DeMuro joined the AT club...

Drone_S213 (01-11-2023)
Old 01-11-2023, 04:30 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYF8dEQlaEU
I saw this clip. Pretty interesting, from a guy who has an interesting collection and gets to drive so many different cars. Quite a testimony to our AT's.

Last edited by pdeacon; 01-11-2023 at 05:53 PM.
Old 01-11-2023, 05:22 PM

Received 196 Likes on 151 Posts
2021 AMG E63s Wagon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYF8dEQlaEU
Genius borders on insanity!

Doug should keep this AT and maybe take up Surfing with his kids from La Jolla to Dana Point when they grow up.
Old 01-12-2023, 11:05 PM

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
2016 E350 wagon
I think I saw a clip where Demuro had bought an AMG wagon as a daily driver. Here we go
Old 01-14-2023, 02:19 AM

Again, anyone try or use door protectors for their dogs…either along with a hammock style rear seat cover if their rear seats are up, or a cargo cover if their rear seats are down?

I have heard that some door protectors with tabs that fit between the window and door work in some cars and not in others…for example, someone with a Tesla said that it didn’t work in their case.
Any other option that anyone has tried? (When one needs to patch cargo and dogs for a road trip.)
Old 01-14-2023, 09:38 PM

E450 All Terrain
Couple of thing:

1. Took delivery of our wagon today at MB Westminster outside of Denver. Despite being a little frustrated with the level of communication and a little disagreement on the appropriate tax rate (happy to say they came around), it was a pleasant experience. They freaked me out a little yesterday when they told me the rear hatch had an issue and their head technician was on the horn with Germany (makes it sound like a bigger issue) and I wouldn’t be able to take it with me. Happy to say they fixed that in time as well. Anyway, we got the machine and promptly drove it 4 hours to Aspen, which was an extremely pleasant experience but got me thinking about the tires (more on that later). Pictures at the end of this post.

2. @rmgrenley I can’t say much in response to your questions on rear protection mats other than the following. We are planning on getting the Orvis rear seat hammock (i think) to protect the seats from the wet dog. Mostly though I think we will end up driving around with the seats folded - there’s just two of us and the pup. We also will probably end up throwing skis in the back vs. on top (maybe this will change, but don’t love the look of the roof rack. We did have the dog in the back today and luckily put down the carpet rear cargo protector - he rode in the back for about 20 minutes before barfing all over it, so I was glad to have it down (guess it’s really our car now!). The wagon is so beautiful and clean, but I’m not so out of touch to think it’s going to stay that way. Our life is dirty and I can accept that inside the cars. We detailed our truck - which gets way more harsh treatment than this ever will - and it came back to looking really nice. So I guess I’m saying we will try the protectors, but relying on the detail man and Mercedes build quality to hold up to wear and tear.

Happy day all around and thanks again for the buying advice. Pics below.

The following 9 users liked this post by pdhoffmann:
beechcamp (01-16-2023), fleuger99 (01-15-2023), js_cls (01-15-2023), JTK44 (01-14-2023), Lanzz (01-14-2023), Longroof45 (03-04-2023), NbyNW (01-22-2023), pdeacon (01-15-2023), Roweraay (01-16-2023) and 4 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-15-2023, 09:35 AM

E450 All Terrain
Forgot to mention a few things:

1. We ordered on October 18 and it was delivered almost exactly 3 months later on Jan 14. Build date was somewhere November (as of Nov 19 it showed “in production not shipped”). It was confirmed on a boat on December 19. Much quicker turnaround than I expected and we got all of our options.

2. The dealer suggested their usual slate of additional services, including prepaid maintenance for 4yr/40k (covering the first two A and B services each) for $3,100. They claimed this represented a 23% discount from the individual services as their shop rate is $205/hr. I asked them to show me the cost of each of the four services and he just took $3,100 X 1.23… I’m still considering this because I love the idea, but it seems very expensive and don’t think it will be a savings.

Old 01-15-2023, 10:11 AM

Forgot to mention a few things:

1. We ordered on October 18 and it was delivered almost exactly 3 months later on Jan 14. Build date was somewhere November (as of Nov 19 it showed “in production not shipped”). It was confirmed on a boat on December 19. Much quicker turnaround than I expected and we got all of our options.

2. The dealer suggested their usual slate of additional services, including prepaid maintenance for 4yr/40k (covering the first two A and B services each) for $3,100. They claimed this represented a 23% discount from the individual services as their shop rate is $205/hr. I asked them to show me the cost of each of the four services and he just took $3,100 X 1.23… I’m still considering this because I love the idea, but it seems very expensive and don’t think it will be a savings.
Good looking ride. I have the same color but with light interior. Same wheels. I never was a fan of the prepaid service agreements. I don't think it saves any money. There is a convenience aspect but I don't think it justifies putting that much money up in advance. Good luck wit the wagon. Many miles and smiles. Happy motoring!!
Old 01-15-2023, 11:36 AM

Received 64 Likes on 36 Posts
1973 280SEL 4.5; 2021 E450S4 Wagon
@pdhoffmann I noticed your rear tailgate is missing the "E450" and "4MATIC" badges. Did you order to delete them or did you ask your dealer to remove them?

Old 01-15-2023, 01:02 PM

E450 All Terrain
@E430_4MATIC our dealer pulled them off in detail. I guess the delete is a factory option for the AMG, but not the regular 450. I liked the cleaner look. Also omitted the front plate bracket.
The following 2 users liked this post by pdhoffmann:
M. Schneider (01-28-2023), pdeacon (01-15-2023)
Old 01-15-2023, 01:41 PM

^ My dealer is currently advertising $240 for A service and $450 for B service on their website. Not anywhere near you, but just saying.

Adorable pup!
pdhoffmann (01-15-2023)
Old 01-15-2023, 05:28 PM

@E430_4MATIC our dealer pulled them off in detail. I guess the delete is a factory option for the AMG, but not the regular 450. I liked the cleaner look. Also omitted the front plate bracket.
I'm doing the same badge delete and no front plate holder. Car is really dirty from snow and road grime so will wait until I can clean it up. My car was also delivered without a rubber insert in the rear window wiper. Tried it and it was plastic arm against glass. Dealer sending someone out to install the rubber blade insert tomorrow.
Old 01-15-2023, 07:27 PM

E450 All Terrain
I'm doing the same badge delete and no front plate holder. Car is really dirty from snow and road grime so will wait until I can clean it up. My car was also delivered without a rubber insert in the rear window wiper. Tried it and it was plastic arm against glass. Dealer sending someone out to install the rubber blade insert tomorrow.
I think it’s the cleanest look without all the lettering especially in chrome. And I can’t stand the front plate bracket on these cars. I think the front end looks super sharp without it.

I wanted them to remove it right away - a few years back I took them off an older audi and you could just see where there had been letters even after some polishing.

good luck! Share some pictures when you do it.

Old 01-16-2023, 12:43 PM

Received 27 Likes on 22 Posts
2016 E350 wagon
^ My dealer is currently advertising $240 for A service and $450 for B service on their website. Not anywhere near you, but just saying.

Adorable pup!
Agreed! I'm thinking there won't be much room back there when it's grown up.
Alan Smithee (01-16-2023)

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 2.00 average.

Quick Reply: 2023 E450 All-Terrain ... Let the deliveries begin ..