2025 E450 order

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-30-2024, 05:07 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
E350
MB Needs Order Tracking Released In USA

Originally Posted by marzillo
That is good news. Did you get a VIN? I wonder how that tracks with the assumption that cars produced before July 1st are 2024 models and I recall you had ordered a 2025 model. Not really a big deal but the 2025 model comes standard with a center air bag. My production date is July 1st and I have not heard from my dealership recently. I'll be calling them tomorrow to see if they got a VIN and see that production has started.
Mercedes Benz should deploy the ability to track your order/build worldwide. European buyers can track their orders via the Mercedes Me app. I don’t like having to rely on the dealership because it’s an antiquated means based on the availability of modern technology. Dealerships are in the middle of a process they don’t control. I ordered my E450 in February and the updates have been infrequent and often vague. If all buyers had access to the same app we’d share a similar experience and wouldn’t need to rely so much on the sales rep.
Old 06-30-2024, 06:23 PM

Received 58 Likes on 40 Posts
2024 E350 W214, 2007 Dodge Durango Limited, 2005 Honda VTX 1300s, 2020 Honda Gold Wing DCT Tour
[quote=petee1997;8994264]
Originally Posted by marzillo
My understanding is that 25 production was to start July 1st. My car went to production last week but it is possible that means it will be built in the first 10 days of July. I don’t think the production date is the day the car is actually built but rather when the build cycle actually starts. It is also possible that 2025 production started earlier since the only difference is the center air bag.
Based on what I have been reading of other people's experiences and information I got from my dealership, I don't know if that is correct. Mercedes-Benz uses a concept called decades which are 10 day cycles of production that each vehicle is assigned and assembled in. When you get a production date, you are really getting a decade in which your car will be produced at some point during that 10 day cycle. The exact date probably depends on several factors that are considered to increase efficiencies during the manufacturing process. The video below talks about the manufacturing process for the S-Class, Maybach, and EQS in the Sindelfingen factory 56 where the E-Class is also produced. What is interesting in the video is that cars with very different options are assembled on the same line where the parts are delivered at the moment that it is needed. For example, the EQS, an all electric car, is produced on the same line and at the same time as the S-Class with an ICE engine. I'm assuming, based on this, that the changeover to the new 2025 MY E-Class is more of a software change and very little, if anything, changes on the actual production line. Maybe where the center air bag is added there is a slight change. It only takes 3 days for a car to go from raw sheet metal and a bunch of parts to a complete car that drives under it's own power out of the factory. If the production date, as I understand it, is the start of the decade (10 day window) when your car is to be produced, I would expect that it is complete within those 10 days or within 3 days from the end of the decade if they begin on day 10 for a given car. I don't know if production date is the same as build date but my dealership told me that production date is the date in which the car begins its manufacturing process. I honestly don't know if that is true but it does make sense. Especially after watching that video I linked to above showing the entire manufacturing process. It certainly seems like until your car starts production in the factory, it's just a data file with your specific order and nothing more. Nothing about your car exists other than the raw materials needed or the individual parts (nuts, bolts, plastic clips, door handles, locks, etc.) that are used to assemble your car.

Last edited by L1Wolf; 07-01-2024 at 11:27 AM.
Old 06-30-2024, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 206 Likes on 132 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
[QUOTE=marzillo;8994432]
Originally Posted by petee1997
Based on what I have been reading of other people's experiences and information I got from my dealership, I don't know if that is correct. Mercedes-Benz uses a concept called decades which are 10 day cycles of production that each vehicle is assigned and assembled in. When you get a production date, you are really getting a decade in which your car will be produced at some point during that 10 day cycle. The exact date probably depends on several factors that are considered to increase efficiencies during the manufacturing process. This video talks about the manufacturing process for the S-Class, Maybach, and EQS in the Sindelfingen factory 56 where the E-Class is also produced. What is interesting in the video is that cars with very different options are assembled on the same line where the parts are delivered at the moment that it is needed. For example, the EQS, an all electric car, is produced on the same line and at the same time as the S-Class with an ICE engine. I'm assuming, based on this, that the changeover to the new 2025 MY E-Class is more of a software change and very little, if anything, changes on the actual production line. Maybe where the center air bag is added there is a slight change. It only takes 3 days for a car to go from raw sheet metal and a bunch of parts to a complete car that drives under it's own power out of the factory. If the production date, as I understand it, is the start of the decade (10 day window) when your car is to be produced, I would expect that it is complete within those 10 days or within 3 days from the end of the decade if they begin on day 10 for a given car. I don't know if production date is the same as build date but my dealership told me that production date is the date in which the car begins its manufacturing process. I honestly don't know if that is true but it does make sense. Especially after watching that video I linked to above showing the entire manufacturing process. It certainly seems like until your car starts production in the factory, it's just a data file with your specific order and nothing more. Nothing about your car exists other than the raw materials needed or the individual parts (nuts, bolts, plastic clips, door handles, locks, etc.) that are used to assemble your car.
i think you have it right. In production is not the same as build date. One is the precess leading to the build date.
Old 08-03-2024, 06:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
c43
got the info in my 2025

A mis order, its a 350 not 450. All other options built and ready to ship. But not sure i want a
4 banger, I know only drive around town, short run and probably be fine but 4's sound

i looked at the spec sent from the website and dont know how a 350 came into play
Old 08-03-2024, 07:00 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 809 Likes on 641 Posts
The 4 banger sounds and rattles like a diesel. I have an E300 and it is too noisy to drive with the windows open. I keep them closed except when waiting with the engine off.
Old 08-06-2024, 02:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 476 Likes on 353 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
Originally Posted by ua549
The 4 banger sounds and rattles like a diesel. I have an E300 and it is too noisy to drive with the windows open. I keep them closed except when waiting with the engine off.
Do note the engine is not the same. Your E300 I assume has the M274 engine, the 2024s have the M254 which is two generations newer and from my understanding not at all related to the M274 and M264, rather related to the 6 cylinder M256. It still is rattly but a whole lot less, while also seemingly smoother, more efficient, and a decent amount more powerful feeling.
Old 08-06-2024, 04:53 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, E450
Originally Posted by BenjaminKohl
Do note the engine is not the same. Your E300 I assume has the M274 engine, the 2024s have the M254 which is two generations newer and from my understanding not at all related to the M274 and M264, rather related to the 6 cylinder M256. It still is rattly but a whole lot less, while also seemingly smoother, more efficient, and a decent amount more powerful feeling.
I must say that I was in my front yard yesterday when a new white E350 came around the corner. I could hear the engine rattling like a small diesel as it drove by. I almost felt embarrassed about it…
Old 08-06-2024, 05:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Soon to be e class
Just got 2025 E450 allocation for Aug. build. Have ordered most option packages including Pin pack, Airmattic, driver *** pack, multicontour seat pack, sun pack. Soft door, rear air bags, nappa leather. Did not order large wheels. Car will be built with 19” wheels with RF tires due to poor quality roads in my area. Should make nice daily driver for my wife and will replace 21 GLE53.
yes, mine has 19” wheel option +$600-700, and continental all season run flat tires. 245s up front and 275s in the rear.

as for the e350 vs 450. The 450 gets virtually the same mpg city and highway as the 350. But it is WAY faster. Like it’s fast, and it feels fast as well. Less so if you turn off the automatic start stop feature but still fast.

also remember, when you have your AC on, the e450 will not shut off the ac compressor when the rpm’s drop to zero, however the e350 will.

Last edited by yodogyodog; 08-06-2024 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-06-2024, 05:43 PM

2024 E350 W214, 2007 Dodge Durango Limited, 2005 Honda VTX 1300s, 2020 Honda Gold Wing DCT Tour
Originally Posted by yodogyodog
yes, mine has 19” wheel option +$600-700, and continental all season run flat tires. 245s up front and 275s in the rear.

as for the e350 vs 450. The 450 gets virtually the same mpg city and highway as the 350. But it is WAY faster. Like it’s fast, and it feels fast as well. Less so if you turn off the automatic start stop feature but still fast.

also remember, when you have your AC on, the e450 will not shut off the ac compressor when the rpm’s drop to zero, however the e350 will.
Why less fast if you turn off the automatic start/stop feature? I would think that if anything it would take off faster if the engine didn't cut off when stopped.
Old 08-07-2024, 03:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 206 Likes on 132 Posts
...21 GLE53 24 GLE53
Originally Posted by yodogyodog

Why? Both cars have electrified 48 volt systems now.
Old 08-07-2024, 05:23 PM

Why? Both cars have electrified 48 volt systems now.
Yes, but how does turning off the start/stop feature affect performance? Turning that off does not turn off the 48V system as well.