E-Class (W214) 2024 -

2025 E450 - Piano Black Center Console?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2024, 10:54 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Mercedes-Benz C300 (2016), Mercedes-Benz GLC300 (2017)
2025 E450 - Piano Black Center Console?

I am considering an E450 and as I was building online noticed that the center console is now showing as piano black when selecting the natural grain black ash wood. It used to show the matching black wood. The 2025 DOG shows the wood option with the wood center console, so I am wondering if it is a website error or a recent modification to the specs. I certainly will ask the dealer, but I'm not sure I'd trust the response.

I really don't want the super screen (which only comes with the piano black console). And while I prefer the natural grain black ash wood, I would elect the natural grain brown maple wood w/aluminum lines instead, just to avoid the piano black console.

As you can likely tell, I cannot stand piano black. And I don't really want to consider covering that area or any "hack".

Thanks, John
Old 08-18-2024, 12:25 PM

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts
W214 E350
There are limitations to the online build tool so you may be bumping into those and you can't rule out errors in the tool as well. Having said that, you can have the console in the natural grain brown maple with aluminum lines or the silver metallic mixed fabric with the super screen. The piano black is not the only option for the super screen. I know you said you don't want the super screen so I mention that only to make the point that there are options, although limited, depending on other things you pick.

One suggestion is to post a link to your build so that I and others can see what you are picking that may be limiting your options. I agree about the piano trim and don't like it myself. I also wanted the super screen that forces the piano black trim around the driver display but I opted for the natural grain brown maple with aluminum lines on the center console. I may do my own retrofit of something else around the driver display but so far it hasn't bothered me much. The steering wheel has the piano black as well and it's a dust and fingerprint magnet. So is the super screen but I'm sure it's the same for just the center screen without the passenger screen. I keep a plush microfiber cloth and a tiny spray bottle with interior detailing solution to clean it which is just about every other day.
Old 08-18-2024, 12:45 PM

Thanks for the reply. I do now see that you can select the screen and then go back and select the brown wood console. While I don't necessarily care about the screen, it is essentially the same cost as the brown wood. Here's the link to the build: https://www.mbusa.com/en/share/build/A46SXV

I am not 100% set on interior and exterior colors yet, but this is pretty likely what I would go with.

Thanks, John
Old 08-18-2024, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 596 Likes on 452 Posts
2019 E 450, 2016 E350 4matic (retired), 2018 Ford Edge Sport, 2008 Porsche Boxster
Originally Posted by jdag
Thanks for the reply. I do now see that you can select the screen and then go back and select the brown wood console. While I don't necessarily care about the screen, it is essentially the same cost as the brown wood. Here's the link to the build: https://www.mbusa.com/en/share/build/A46SXV

I am not 100% set on interior and exterior colors yet, but this is pretty likely what I would go with.

Thanks, John
Just an observation: You did not select the driver's assist package: this package is loaded with safety features.
Old 08-18-2024, 01:25 PM

Received 73 Likes on 50 Posts
W214 E350
Looking at your build, I deselected the Natural Grain Brown Maple wood console trim w/aluminum lines and see what you are talking about. You have the black ash trim selected and no further modification to the center console yet the representative picture shows the piano black console. I suspect that is a visual mistake on the site. One reason I believe this is that I changed your build to have the MANUFAKTUR Black Piano Lacquer "Flowing Lines" wood trim and that auto-selected the Piano Black trim. Then I changed the trim to Natural Grain Black Ash wood and it said that it must remove the Piano Black console trim. See image below. Also, looking at the order guide, the Black Piano center console (759) is only available with the MANUFAKTUR Black Piano Lacquer with Flowing Lines (H17) or the Passenger Screen (860) that comes with the super screen option. The Natural Grain Black Ash Wood Center Console (753) is only available with the Black Ash trim (10H), Black Ash with backlit stars (11H), and the passenger screen (860). Since there is not an option to explicitly choose the Natural Grain Black Ash Wood Center Console (753), I suspect it's the default option and must be overridden by selecting one of the three available options specifically for the center console. You might want to verify with your dealer but this appears to be the most logical conclusion based on the available data.

Last edited by L1Wolf; 08-18-2024 at 01:26 PM.
The following users liked this post:
jdag (08-18-2024)
Old 08-18-2024, 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by JTK44
Just an observation: You did not select the driver's assist package: this package is loaded with safety features.
I haven't selected it yet because, to be frank, I don't know what all of that marketing lingo means relative to how and where I drive. But I certainly will consider it.

My current cars are a 2021 Tesla Model 3 (which is coming off lease and what this E450 would replace) and a 2024 BMW X5. Some of the automated functions bother the heck out of me. Tesla's auto pilot for example is not even close to ready for prime time in my humble opinion.
Old 08-18-2024, 01:59 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, E450
I believe it’s definitely a glitch. The only way you can get the piano black console is to choose the piano line dash. I ordered mine with the black ash wood backlit Star pattern and it comes with the 753 black ash wood center console. That’s the only option available with the ash wood dash.

I didn’t choose the driver assist pkg because I hardly ever use cruise control and prefer to drive without trusting a computer. Just a bunch of tech I don’t want to deal with.
jdag (08-18-2024)
Old 08-18-2024, 09:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E 450
Center Console

Center Console

Is a Natural Grain Maple Wood with aluminum lines center console available for a 2024 E Class 450 with Superscreen as a replacement part? If so, what is the MB part number.

Old 08-18-2024, 09:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
GL450, E450
The part # is 667 and you can build it that way on the website.
Old 08-19-2024, 01:51 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
E 450
Replacement Parts

Thanks for your answer. 667 is the build code, not the part number. I'm looking to replace what came from the factory.
I appreciate your response,
Gene
Hicksra (08-19-2024)
Old 08-20-2024, 09:18 AM

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
2021 E350W4
I have the piano black console on my W213 - it scratches easily (permanant scratches) and requires constant wiping unless you like visible smears. I also have the flowing lines piano black on the dash. Same problem. I'd pay $2,000 extra to get the burl wood previously available when it's time for my next buy.