E-Class (W214) 2024 -

Issue with Car Play and Music Streaming

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-18-2024, 02:15 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
350 E
Question Issue with Car Play and Music Streaming

Greetings. Love our support for each other in this forum.
Issue: When Car Play is active, and I receive a call through Car Play, and finish the call, the Car Play will not fully activate the various music streaming channels I have like Amazon and Tidal. States "Cannot find your Downloads" My maps like Google and Apple and Waze work though. I found that turning off engine, then turn back on, activated my use of the streaming music channels. Ideas?

JAM-Roadrunner
Old 08-18-2024, 02:23 PM
Veteran: Army

Received 105 Likes on 73 Posts
W214 E450
Are you using ACP to stream from Amazon and Tidal or the native apps in the car?
Old 08-18-2024, 02:28 PM

350 E
The Car Play is reading my music apps from my iPhone.
Old 08-18-2024, 02:34 PM

W214 E450
Then that would likely be an issue on your phone and not the car. I don't own an iPhone but I would look for settings in ACP that might impact this. You could look on Apple forms for solutions. I found this after a quick search that might be applicable to your issue. https://discussions.apple.com/thread...94?sortBy=rank
Old 08-18-2024, 02:47 PM

350 E
Will do that. What is ACP in settings? Never heard of that term before.
Old 08-18-2024, 02:50 PM

W214 E450
Originally Posted by RoadrunnerHerm
Will do that. What is ACP in settings? Never heard of that term before.
ACP=Apple Car Play. You won't find it referenced in the phone that way but it's easier to type when writing about it.
Old 08-18-2024, 03:04 PM

350 E
Thanks ffor that that link. Found that my iPhone had the Content and Restrictions turned off. I turned on-green and checked all the apps. Will see if this helps.
Mich appreciative Wolf. Roadrunner.
Old 08-23-2024, 10:08 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
W214 2024 E450
@L1Wolf I've been trying to use the native Online Music so I can get better quality audio, do you know if we have to explicitly sign up with a service provider to get it to work via the in-car internet? I can get it to stream via my home connection but when I try to use the 5G service on the car, it complains about no internet access (Despite the store and maps working fine). Do the 1 year complimentary Mercedes Me services not actually include internet for streaming?
Old 08-24-2024, 12:18 AM

W214 E450
Originally Posted by lelouch0202
@L1Wolf I've been trying to use the native Online Music so I can get better quality audio, do you know if we have to explicitly sign up with a service provider to get it to work via the in-car internet? I can get it to stream via my home connection but when I try to use the 5G service on the car, it complains about no internet access (Despite the store and maps working fine). Do the 1 year complimentary Mercedes Me services not actually include internet for streaming?
I had the same issue and was able to get it to work using the phone hot-spot for Internet sharing but it was not reliable. It seems to suggest you can get a separate data plan for the car but my car (the lease) doesn't seem to have that enabled. I just assumed it was due to the early build where it was missing something. It's missing the garage door opener as well. I figured that I would just wait until I pick up my 2025 E450 order to solve that issue. I am scheduled to pick that up next Wednesday and it will be something I ask the dealership about. If I can get a 5G data plan for the car, I'll likely do that even though it will be another monthly charge just like getting a second phone.

Last edited by L1Wolf; 08-24-2024 at 12:34 AM.
Old 09-05-2024, 09:22 PM

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
W214 2024 E450
Originally Posted by L1Wolf
I had the same issue and was able to get it to work using the phone hot-spot for Internet sharing but it was not reliable. It seems to suggest you can get a separate data plan for the car but my car (the lease) doesn't seem to have that enabled. I just assumed it was due to the early build where it was missing something. It's missing the garage door opener as well. I figured that I would just wait until I pick up my 2025 E450 order to solve that issue. I am scheduled to pick that up next Wednesday and it will be something I ask the dealership about. If I can get a 5G data plan for the car, I'll likely do that even though it will be another monthly charge just like getting a second phone.
Did you ever get around to doing this? Most posts on the forum for different models seem to imply that T-Mobile is now servicing MB's in car internet.
Old 09-05-2024, 10:23 PM

W214 E450
Originally Posted by lelouch0202
Did you ever get around to doing this? Most posts on the forum for different models seem to imply that T-Mobile is now servicing MB's in car internet.
I haven't purchased a data plan yet and have changed my mind about getting it. Not sure if I'll really need it as I typically play music from a USB drive and if I want to stream music, I would use my phone with AA. It's easy enough to have my phone be a hot-spot and connect the car to it if I want Internet access for any reason. I did figure out how to set it up though. When you select the data plan for Internet access you have to connect to the car's hot-spot. That will cause your phone to navigate to a T-Mobile signup page to enable the in-car data plan. I believe it's $20 p/month. I think where it's most useful is if you have kids that do not have phones but have devices that do not have Internet. You can allow them to use the in-car WiFi and share the data plan. Of course, you can do the same with your phone if it and plan has the ability. Mine does so I don't really need it even for that use case.