Engine and Performance The archived forum for performance parts for sale by members. Browse newer listings and create your own in our new Marketplace.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS/ Brabus k8 airboxes and dual brabus k8 engine plaques

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 12:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sclass
FS/ Brabus k8 airboxes and dual brabus k8 engine plaques

i have up for sale Two Brabus K8 airboxes and brabus k8 engine plaques that came of an S55 amg with the brabus k8 engine upgrade.

This is only for the left and right airbox in mint condition and the Two Brabus K8 engine plaques that fit over the AMG Decal to the right and left of the supercharger. Does not come with the y connector that goes into the Mass airflow sensor. It uses the stock y connector from any AMG 55 kompressor model. A new Y connector can be bought from the dealer or ebay for cheap.

The airboxes are finished in Blood red gloss enamel finish. Both plaques are mint condition. Only one of the plaques has slight fading on the Paint which fills the laser engraving. It can be easily touched up with some Model Testors enamel paint.

I will Also include Two brand new Green AirFilters that will be installed in the intake and also The Green air filter cleaning/oiling kit which is good for cleaning the filter many times.

This will fit any AMG with the 55K supercharged engine.

Selling for $250 shipped.

email sato1725@hotmail.com if interested

thanks

Last edited by Hercules86; 10-13-2011 at 02:01 AM.
Old 10-13-2011, 01:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 90 Likes on 71 Posts
2012 C63 BS & 2014 E63 Estate & 2008 CLK63 BS
Pics?
Old 10-13-2011, 01:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
If this will fit in a C32, I will be VERY interested. An Sl55 intake fits in the C32 so theoretically this should fit aswell?
Old 10-13-2011, 02:05 AM

Sclass
email if your interested in pics guys. The brabus K8 airbox is very similar to the amg airbox. It used the lower amg part of the airbox with a Brabus upper. It looks to be identical to the amg 55k airbox but its an actual brabus item that only can be purchased if you buy the k8 package from brabus.

comes with the Brabus K8 valve cover emblems that go over the AMG emblems next to the supercharger which you cannot buy period.

this was pulled off of an 03 S55 kompressor with brabus k8 package.
Old 10-20-2011, 06:36 PM

Sclass
PLEASE DO NOT WASTE MY TIME IF YOUR NOT INTERESTED.

I have way to many Interested tire kickers that think they can get these for free.

ONce again these are 100% original brabus boxes. The bottoms of the air boxes are amg part numbers which brabus uses and the tops are finished by brabus to there specsifications.

they came off a s55 Brabus k8.

if you cant afford them dont bother asking for more information... The rice forums are always looking for new members.
Old 10-20-2011, 09:32 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 368 Likes on 271 Posts
2005 E55
I think people are asking you info because they think these are bigger airboxes like the carbon fiber renntech airbox.

Its not about affording them as people probably want to know if they out flow the stock airboxes.

When I was looking at these a few years ago they were nothing more than a painted stock airbox with brabus on it.

simple pics would be nice.

250 for painted stock intake boxes is a joke right?
Old 10-20-2011, 10:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W209, E46 M3 (dead), S54 swapped E46 Touring
not a tire kicker and believe me $250 is nothing for me or anybody on here to worry about. i found your 2009 for sale thread for the same boxes. i found a complete 55K setup for a little more than this. if these boxes were actually bigger and better i would already have them on my car. I am not hating on it as it is a nice product, just gotta wait for that one person really wants the product.

Last edited by sweet jones; 10-20-2011 at 10:32 PM.
Old 10-20-2011, 11:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2015.5 Volvo V60 Polestar
Originally Posted by skratch77
I think people are asking you info because they think these are bigger airboxes like the carbon fiber renntech airbox.

Its not about affording them as people probably want to know if they out flow the stock airboxes.

When I was looking at these a few years ago they were nothing more than a painted stock airbox with brabus on it.

simple pics would be nice.

250 for painted stock intake boxes is a joke right?
Originally Posted by sweet jones
not a tire kicker and believe me $250 is nothing for me or anybody on here to worry about. i found your 2009 for sale thread for the same boxes. i found a complete 55K setup for a little more than this. if these boxes were actually bigger and better i would already have them on my car. I am not hating on it as it is a nice product, just gotta wait for that one person really wants the product.
Exactly, he told me the uppers were modified for increased airflow, then found the 2009 thread.

https://mbworld.org/forums/engine-pe...-complete.html

The OP even agrees they are the same thing only painted red. Then gets called me a tire kicker when he was trying to deceive. The boxes new are $120 a piece at the dealer. Leaves 10 dollars for paint.

As Jones stated, you can find a complete kit (minus the red paint) for just a tad more. That's what I intend to do.
Old 10-21-2011, 01:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts
C63 AMG, P30
Originally Posted by Hercules86
PLEASE DO NOT WASTE MY TIME IF YOUR NOT INTERESTED.

I have way to many Interested tire kickers that think they can get these for free.

ONce again these are 100% original brabus boxes. The bottoms of the air boxes are amg part numbers which brabus uses and the tops are finished by brabus to there specsifications.

they came off a s55 Brabus k8.

if you cant afford them dont bother asking for more information... The rice forums are always looking for new members.
I'm pretty sure this was intended for me so I'll chime in. As all others have said, these are stock 55 series boxes that can be bought on parts.com for less than what you are selling them for. Brabus painted the top. Great... I can afford them. Will I buy them, no.
Old 10-21-2011, 03:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 58 Likes on 46 Posts
E55 2006 / CLS55 / S450 / Jag XKR2011
Originally Posted by Nachtsturm
Exactly, he told me the uppers were modified for increased airflow, then found the 2009 thread.

https://mbworld.org/forums/engine-pe...-complete.html

The OP even agrees they are the same thing only painted red. Then gets called me a tire kicker when he was trying to deceive. The boxes new are $120 a piece at the dealer. Leaves 10 dollars for paint.

As Jones stated, you can find a complete kit (minus the red paint) for just a tad more. That's what I intend to do.
At least he try ! so its from CLS55 or S55 ??? same box with different story. I remember someone trying to sell a 04 E55 K8 few weeks ago for $37K which is $10K more than a regular E55. Today with $6K you can get your car faster than K8 and with brand new parts not from 04 brabus....