EQB 300 and 350 In the Wild

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-20-2022, 08:12 PM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
E350 4matic Wagon
The IRA upended the industry mid-year

Originally Posted by maxafritz
Kindly request we keep this forum from political criticism. We’re here to share our love for cars, not politics .
Feel free to make sense of the law for us - I’m highly critical of the law. I really don’t care who signed it. Most of this thread has been members trying to figure out how to navigate this problem. Here, some criticism and ad hominem attack has been made against MB and salespeople struggling to keep their consumers (us) updated. This thread has not at all been about love of the car but a practical crash course in navigating the Inflation Reduction Act and the evaporation of a $7,500 tax credit. I’m sure everyone here is more upset about the $ than your perception of a political criticism. I said the law was idiotic and as a factual matter the President signed it after the house and senate sent it up for him. “blame him” not MB and salespeople. That’s a fact. If you would like to report my comment and the administrator supports your assessment and admonishes me, fine - but really Sir, you could have just ignored it rather than being the judge and jury as to what this site is all about. The law has upended the EV industry and made business planning difficult for the retailer and seller.

Without the thread I probably would have lost the tax credit but my accountant believes I preserved it. So, this thread was an outstanding resource.

The following users liked this post:
Sunbeltgolfer11 (09-21-2022)
Old 09-20-2022, 11:54 PM

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
EQB
Originally Posted by dvenneman
Feel free to make sense of the law for us - I’m highly critical of the law. I really don’t care who signed it. Most of this thread has been members trying to figure out how to navigate this problem. Here, some criticism and ad hominem attack has been made against MB and salespeople struggling to keep their consumers (us) updated. This thread has not at all been about love of the car but a practical crash course in navigating the Inflation Reduction Act and the evaporation of a $7,500 tax credit. I’m sure everyone here is more upset about the $ than your perception of a political criticism. I said the law was idiotic and as a factual matter the President signed it after the house and senate sent it up for him. “blame him” not MB and salespeople. That’s a fact. If you would like to report my comment and the administrator supports your assessment and admonishes me, fine - but really Sir, you could have just ignored it rather than being the judge and jury as to what this site is all about. The law has upended the EV industry and made business planning difficult for the retailer and seller.

Without the thread I probably would have lost the tax credit but my accountant believes I preserved it. So, this thread was an outstanding resource.
My apologies, I misinterpreted your earlier meaning. I too am not a fan of the law, and this forum helped me get the credit (I shared the signed agreement I used in the other EQB thread).

We’re all good here.
The following 2 users liked this post by maxafritz:
cadetdrivr (09-21-2022), dvenneman (09-21-2022)
Old 09-21-2022, 06:12 AM

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts
E350 4matic Wagon
I apologize if Inoffended

My apologies, I misinterpreted your earlier meaning. I too am not a fan of the law, and this forum helped me get the credit (I shared the signed agreement I used in the other EQB thread).

We’re all good here.
likewise and I apologize to you and anyone else for offense. I think for all of us it had been highly frustrating, creating confusion and uncertainty. Some of that remains for all of us who have ordered but have not taken delivery. There were many good things in the law, but even application of tax favorability amongst manufacturers who all employ workers in the US regardless of “final assembly”, whose goods help the economies of developing and advanced economies, was not amongst them.

be well and again if my remark above was too much of a hammer I apologize to you and anyone else.
The following 2 users liked this post by dvenneman:
cadetdrivr (09-21-2022), maxafritz (09-21-2022)
Old 09-24-2022, 01:56 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
E class
I have a model year 2023 EQB300 being built this week in theory. Has anyone heard definitively if the 23 EQBs are getting power seats?
what is the base price for 2023 EQB 300 & 350?
Old 09-24-2022, 08:48 AM

Received 322 Likes on 249 Posts
2023 EQB 350 & 2014 GL350
Originally Posted by Gumi
what is the base price for 2023 EQB 300 & 350?
We don’t know as MBUSA has not released 2023 base prices. FWIW, 2022 pricing is here and 2023 option pricing is listed iin the 2023 order guide posted in the 2023 order guide thread.
dvenneman (09-24-2022)
Old 09-24-2022, 11:00 AM

E class
Originally Posted by cadetdrivr
I’m in the same boat as you and our 2023 EQB350 supposedly entered production two weeks ago. My dealer does not have any updates on the production status, VIN, and or the configuration actually built vs. ordered. The issues with Netstar do not help, I’m sure, but we’re waiting with baited breath.

Re: Power Seats for 2023

https://mbworld.org/forums/eqb-x243-...ml#post8604377
hi, so you placed a 2023 build order without knowing the base price?

Thanks

Old 09-24-2022, 11:54 AM

hi, so you placed a 2023 build order without knowing the base price?
Yup.

The 2022 model year for the EQB was quite short with only a very small number of vehicles, so I made the presumption that 2023 would not be a radical change one way or the other. This is reaffirmed by identical colors/options for 2023. FWIW, the local dealer is selling customer orders at MSRP while everything on the lot is being sold at "market price" (i.e. thousands more.). This car is not being financed or leased, so when we know MSRP from MB we'll know the number that will be on the check.
dvenneman (09-24-2022)
Old 09-24-2022, 12:22 PM

E class
Originally Posted by cadetdrivr
Yup.

The 2022 model year for the EQB was quite short with only a very small number of vehicles, so I made the presumption that 2023 would not be a radical change one way or the other. This is reaffirmed by identical colors/options for 2023. FWIW, the local dealer is selling customer orders at MSRP while everything on the lot is being sold at "market price" (i.e. thousands more.). This car is not being financed or leased, so when we know MSRP from MB we'll know the number that will be on the check.
i hv been contacting few dealership, they all want 5k above msrp even for customer orders.
Old 09-24-2022, 01:26 PM

i hv been contacting few dealership, they all want 5k above msrp even for customer orders.
Ugh, that bites. And especially now that the federal rebate is gone.

Makes me wonder at what point the balloon is gonna pop on the auto market.
Gumi (09-24-2022)
Old 09-24-2022, 08:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Jaguar XE
Just saw a grey one on the road in Laguna Hills, CA. It looked great but didn't really stand out in any way and, if I didn't know what to look for, would have looked like any old SUV. To me, that's a good thing as the Teslas and Rivians just look weird.
dvenneman (09-25-2022)