Is this the norm?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-24-2024, 04:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQB300
Is this the norm?

I have had issues with my 2023 EQB300 not charging because of a message coming up on my screen stating, "Can Not Currently Load Information; would you like to try again", then the car won't charge. This started happening 2 months after I got the car last April 2023. It's been an intermittent problem ever since. It's been in and out of the shop several times with the last 2 times for 2 weeks, and currently it's been in since Jan 30th. I'm being told that all EQB300's have that message come up on the screen but still charge, AND, that the issue with my car not charging isn't the car, its Electrify America. Is it true, do all EQB 300 cars have that message come up on the screen before charging? My car didn't have that message the first 2 months, and when it actually did charge that message wasn't there!
Old 02-25-2024, 12:26 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
EQB 300
I've never seen that message in the 11 months that I've had my 300.
Old 02-26-2024, 03:43 PM

EQB300
thank you

Thank you for your response. I'm a 76 year old widow dealing with this car issue on my own, and, I think that they have told me more than one lie during all of the different times that my car has been in for service. It's been in the shop since Jan 30th with updates that they are still working on my car. I've been told that the issue with my car is not my car, but instead, it's Electrify America. Why then, have they been working on my car almost 4 weeks, right?
Old 02-26-2024, 03:48 PM

Received 133 Likes on 100 Posts
2023 EQB300
I would do a web search for Lemon Law lawyers near you. Speak with several and see what kind of vibes they give off. Ask about their track record. Read reviews. If you are in doubt about any contract they ask you to sign, show that contract to your own attorney
Old 02-26-2024, 06:28 PM

EQB300
found an attorney

My son has a friend that has won the lemon law with 2 of his cars using an attorney that has been doing this for 30 years. I called his office today and sent him all that he has requested. Because my car is still in the Mercedes Dealership shop, and has been for the last 4 weeks, that information will also be needed before he will proceed. He'll go over what I have sent him, then wait until I get my car back with the documentation of what they did. I'm HOPING that I will get my money back. He did say that there have been a lot of Mercedes electric car cases!!!
Old 02-27-2024, 12:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
EQB 300
All the best! Do share how it goes for you.
Old 02-27-2024, 07:03 AM

2023 EQB300
So glad you found an attorney. You will very likely be able to get your money back.
Old 02-27-2024, 08:12 AM

Received 281 Likes on 182 Posts
2008 CL550, 2022 EQB300, 2022 EQS580
Originally Posted by 1lindam2
I have had issues with my 2023 EQB300 not charging because of a message coming up on my screen stating, "Can Not Currently Load Information; would you like to try again", then the car won't charge. This started happening 2 months after I got the car last April 2023. It's been an intermittent problem ever since. It's been in and out of the shop several times with the last 2 times for 2 weeks, and currently it's been in since Jan 30th. I'm being told that all EQB300's have that message come up on the screen but still charge, AND, that the issue with my car not charging isn't the car, its Electrify America. Is it true, do all EQB 300 cars have that message come up on the screen before charging? My car didn't have that message the first 2 months, and when it actually did charge that message wasn't there!
So, just at Electrify America, but charges okay elsewhere? I've been using EA since 2019 and have ridden their ups and downs. In my experience, there has been some hardware or software updates lately that have changed things for the worse. Neither our EQS or EQB can initiate a charge directly from the car or the Mercedes Me app. Are you using the EA app, or the MB app? If using MB app, try the EA app. I've phoned in twice to both EA and MB, and they are both pointing the finger at the other, and no one will take responsibility for the problem. But, the EA app does still work reliably to charge the cars.

Secondly, years ago I was under the impression that the dealer knows their cars inside and out and can fix anything. They can't. They struggle to fix complex issues on my old super complicated 2008 car, and the complexity of software and new EV technology is a massive struggle to manage. Training is uneven, with a tech maybe having spent a couple weeks at class learning, but that was a year ago, and how much do you remember from something you learned a year ago? In the mean time, the tech has been working almost exclusively on regular cars and not put the new knowledge to work to lock it in. Even at a higher level, the engineers are not always sure what is going on...see GM's new disaster Ultium platform. At the service advisor level, same as techs--maybe they got some training a year ago, but deal almost exclusively with regular cars. In 2019, my Jaguar service advisor was comically unaware of EV's, and I had to teach him even the basics of how they worked. And, from that disastrous experience, I know firsthand that the engineers in the UK were involved with my car and could not figure out its complex problems.

While EV software issues have gotten a lot of bad press lately, regular cars are not immune from these problems--every new car gets more complicated with each new generation, and will be very difficult to keep running as they age. I highly doubt our EQS will be able to be on the road in 15 years, running now ancient software. If you're wondering why I bother with EV's considering what I said above, I think they are superior in almost every way to regular cars, and it's not even close. Plus other than my Jaguar, I've personally had very good luck with our Mercedes EV's, BMW EV's before that, and Ford plug in vehicles--actually all perfect.

So, depending on your state, a buy back may be easily doable. In Iowa, not really possible, as the law slants heavily toward business. But if you can charge at home and at EA through their app, you may want to consider just staying with your car. EA will roll out some new software/hardware, and it will all be different yet again, and will likely work as intended sooner or later. And we are just months away from Telsa opening up their charging network to us.
Old 02-27-2024, 02:50 PM

EQB300
Not just EA

No, this is not just an Electrify America issue, it has happened 2 times when I have used Charge Point, AND, the only time it happens is when the message, "Can Not Currently Load Information", comes up on the screen. I haven't gone back to a Charge Point since the last time it happened there simply because this has been an intermittent issue with my car, so why pay when EA is free; that is, when my car allows it to sync up with it.
Old 02-28-2024, 09:01 AM

Received 281 Likes on 182 Posts
2008 CL550, 2022 EQB300, 2022 EQS580
No, this is not just an Electrify America issue, it has happened 2 times when I have used Charge Point, AND, the only time it happens is when the message, "Can Not Currently Load Information", comes up on the screen. I haven't gone back to a Charge Point since the last time it happened there simply because this has been an intermittent issue with my car, so why pay when EA is free; that is, when my car allows it to sync up with it.
Home charging is okay? I've given up on tapping the free EA charging...there is only a year left for me, and it just isn't worth saving a few dollars for the headache. I just use the EA app, as annoying as that is. Keep us posted on what happens. You would think that a full rewrite of the software would fix the problem, but hard to say what ghosts could be in the wires.
Old 02-28-2024, 03:11 PM

EQB300
I travel

I have children that live out of my area; I used to go to visit them frequently, but now can't because of the unreliability of this car. If I only traveled around my area, I'd be fine with just charging at home. This car is definitely a lemon, it's not Electrify America. I do know that there have been problems for many people with EA, but, my car sometimes won't even allow any information that would allow me to connect to a charger (it's an intermittent issue)..
Old 02-28-2024, 03:34 PM

2023 EQB300
Speak with your lawyer and see if he thinks you could make a claim for rental reimbursement of dependable car to see your family. I think it is time to be aggressive with MB.
Old 02-28-2024, 07:44 PM

EQB300
Mercedes decision not to make any more electric cars!

I just found out through a friend today that Mercedes Benz has made the decision to stop making any more electric cars! I think this indicates that they are feeling the pains of all of the issues that they have been having with their electric cars and that tends to make me feel, that right now, I should just fight to get my money back on this car. The attorney that I have contacted this past Monday said that they are dealing with a lot of law suits with Mercedes Benz electric cars right now. I've had a loaner car this entire 4 weeks that the car has been in the shop and I'm considering taking the 5 hour trip to see my son & grandchildren. If they happen to call to say my car is ready, they'll just have to wait until I get home!!
Old 02-28-2024, 08:21 PM

Received 342 Likes on 234 Posts
2023 EQE 500 SUV electric and 2024 Jaguar F-PACE SVR 5.0L
I'm being told that all EQB300's have that message come up on the screen but still charge, AND, that the issue with my car not charging isn't the car, its Electrify America.
Looks to me like the real problem is people with authority spewing boolsheet and everyone believing them. Just a quick search of these forums shows TWO previous threads from ICE vehicle owners related to this topic. My guess it's an issue with your account link to your car and/or service activation. I could be wrong though, unlike the authorities of nonsense.

https://mbworld.org/forums/gle-class...ent-error.html
https://mbworld.org/forums/mercedes-...g-vehicle.html
Old 02-28-2024, 10:46 PM

Received 319 Likes on 248 Posts
2023 EQB 350 & 2014 GL350
I just found out through a friend today that Mercedes Benz has made the decision to stop making any more electric cars!
This is not remotely correct.
Old 02-29-2024, 12:39 PM

EQB300
I didn't think so!! Thank you for your input!! My car has now been in the shop 1 day shy of a month with messages being sent to me periodically that they are still working on the car, will update. Prior to that the car has had 2, 2 week stays and 2, 1 week stays and a couple of 1 - 2 day stays. I think that I have been lied to many times by the Mercedes mechanics; I'm a 76 year old widow handling this on my own and I think they are taking full advantage of that!
Old 02-29-2024, 05:39 PM

Received 319 Likes on 248 Posts
2023 EQB 350 & 2014 GL350
I didn't think so!! Thank you for your input!! My car has now been in the shop 1 day shy of a month with messages being sent to me periodically that they are still working on the car, will update. Prior to that the car has had 2, 2 week stays and 2, 1 week stays and a couple of 1 - 2 day stays. I think that I have been lied to many times by the Mercedes mechanics; I'm a 76 year old widow handling this on my own and I think they are taking full advantage of that!
That’s a ridiculous amount of shop time for a new vehicle.

IMHO, I’d suggest continuing to follow your lawyer's advice for your specific state and pursue a Lemon Law buyback, if available, considering your circumstances.