Bye W213 hi N293

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 07:50 AM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
N293
Bye W213 hi N293

Vety excited now!
Friday our W213 E220d 4-matic AMG will get traded in for an EQC 400 AMG.
No pics of new car yet but it is not as good looking as the E-Class.

The following 3 users liked this post by Moertling:
chassis (12-16-2020), mickhoog (08-25-2021), Natroth (12-16-2020)
Old 12-16-2020, 10:49 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,931 Likes on 3,095 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Looks nice. Please post a photo of the EQC when it arrives.
Old 12-16-2020, 05:51 PM

Received 77 Likes on 29 Posts
EQC400
Originally Posted by Moertling
Vety excited now!
Friday our W213 E220d 4-matic AMG will get traded in for an EQC 400 AMG.
No pics of new car yet but it is not as good looking as the E-Class.
Congratulations on your futurist buying decision!
I have a different view with regard to beauty!
The EQC 400 is a sleek curvy lady with style, grace, and power that is a worthy replacement for the fossil fuel E220d. You will quickly find the EQC a more versatile car as well. Are you getting the home charger? It is good to wake every morning with a full charge, no range anxiety

After the snow melts

Last edited by Natroth; 12-16-2020 at 06:13 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Moertling (12-17-2020)
Old 12-17-2020, 03:38 AM

N293
Originally Posted by Natroth
Congratulations on your futurist buying decision!
I have a different view with regard to beauty!
The EQC 400 is a sleek curvy lady with style, grace, and power that is a worthy replacement for the fossil fuel E220d. You will quickly find the EQC a more versatile car as well. Are you getting the home charger? It is good to wake every morning with a full charge, no range anxiety

After the snow melts
Home charging already installed. Norwegian made Easee box.
I have also ordered a Volvo (part no VO 32257658) charging cable from 16A three phase CEE to Type 2 11kW for occasions when travelling to places where I dont know if there are any chargers available.
My daily commute is about 140km (2*70) near the arctic circle and it can get down to -30 degrees Celsius. So range might be a problem those days but we have an ICE car in the family too so not too concerned.

//Yoda voice on//
Tomorrow delivery day it is!
//Yoda voice off//
Old 12-20-2020, 04:30 PM

N293

First weekend with our new Mercedes.
Very nice car. A lot quieter than I remembered from the test drive. Getting about 280km in winter conditions.

Pics taken at a free 175kW charger. All hydropower up here in Northern Sweden.
The following 3 users liked this post by Moertling:
chassis (12-20-2020), MBNUT1 (03-16-2021), mickhoog (08-25-2021)
Old 12-20-2020, 06:58 PM

EQC400
Amazing! from Australia to the Arctic Circle; chalk and cheese as they say.
Excellent photos that capture the moment: Luxury EV meets the extreme cold, isolation, and challenging driving conditions..... I only have to worry about hitting kangaroos and low flying galahs Will there ever be a queue of EV's for that charging station?

Watch out for those side steps, they are shin skinners!

280km is better than the science of cold batteries would have predicted (approx. 50% = 200km). I look forward to hearing updates as you settle into the rhythm of one-pedal driving and more pics of the amazing place you drive in.

The BIG question now is whether Is it a step up or down from the E220D?

Last edited by Natroth; 12-20-2020 at 08:26 PM.
Moertling (12-21-2020)
Old 12-21-2020, 09:04 AM

N293
Originally Posted by Natroth
Amazing! from Australia to the Arctic Circle; chalk and cheese as they say.
Excellent photos that capture the moment: Luxury EV meets the extreme cold, isolation, and challenging driving conditions..... I only have to worry about hitting kangaroos and low flying galahs Will there ever be a queue of EV's for that charging station?

Watch out for those side steps, they are shin skinners!

280km is better than the science of cold batteries would have predicted (approx. 50% = 200km). I look forward to hearing updates as you settle into the rhythm of one-pedal driving and more pics of the amazing place you drive in.

The BIG question now is whether Is it a step up or down from the E220D?
E220d is kinder to the eye. EQC not so much. But 194hp vs 408hp kind of get you past the looks.
On the pics it was just 0 degrees celcius and we can get down to -30 around here. I have 70km one way to work so it shouldn't be a problem.
And if it doesn't work in the cold I can use wifes Mini Cooper Clubman S ICE car. :-)
Old 03-14-2021, 06:46 PM

Received 56 Likes on 45 Posts
EQC 4matic AMG line Premium Plus replacing S213 220d 4matic with airmatic
How are you getting on with the car. Am considering changing from an s213 e class estate 4 matic with air suspension to an eqc. Was impressed with the test drive over 2 days but although a reasonable time it is not quite the same as living with it. Main concern is in going from a big estate to a smaller suv type as I often lug stuff frequently bulky items. Not sure whether to keep mine until the new e comes out but electric appeals and would suit my lifestyle.
Old 03-15-2021, 02:35 AM

N293
Originally Posted by parkwood
How are you getting on with the car. Am considering changing from an s213 e class estate 4 matic with air suspension to an eqc. Was impressed with the test drive over 2 days but although a reasonable time it is not quite the same as living with it. Main concern is in going from a big estate to a smaller suv type as I often lug stuff frequently bulky items. Not sure whether to keep mine until the new e comes out but electric appeals and would suit my lifestyle.
I can´t tell if the luggage space is enough for you but as we went from a regular sedan to a suv it is okay.
We are very satisfied with the EQC. Comfotable, economic and lots of power. Never thought a car would have all those qualities at the same time.
Winter is good but warmer temperatures gets more mileage.
No regrets so far.
Old 03-18-2021, 10:32 PM

EQC400
EQC400 - One Year of Ownership

moved post

Last edited by Natroth; 03-19-2021 at 12:15 AM.
Old 04-23-2021, 10:14 AM

Sorry I missed your response but thank you for making it. I ordered mine on Tuesday and it will arrive the end of July. There are some issues with the active park assist and active lane assist of the driving package but they are not exclusive to the EQC all to do with new world wide regs. Am actually waiting for the EQE but Mercedes made me a good offer and here in France diesels are seriously falling out of favour so I decided to jump. Looking forward to discovering the whole new world of electric😉
Moertling (04-25-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 08:03 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by Moertling
I can´t tell if the luggage space is enough for you but as we went from a regular sedan to a suv it is okay.
We are very satisfied with the EQC. Comfotable, economic and lots of power. Never thought a car would have all those qualities at the same time.
Winter is good but warmer temperatures gets more mileage.
No regrets so far.
Bump for update. As a former multiple Benz owner and now Tesla x2 owner( S and 3) , can say unequivocally going electric is a different experience. Better in most ways, but worse in a few too. Lose a lot of range in cold and long trips greater than 300 miles ( 480 km) no fun. Prefer the diesel for long distance running. Local, prefer the Tesla’s.
chassis (07-24-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 08:15 AM
Out Of Control!!

Received 3,931 Likes on 3,095 Posts
2017 GLE350 4MATIC
Originally Posted by Newzchspy
Bump for update. As a former multiple Benz owner and now Tesla x2 owner( S and 3) , can say unequivocally going electric is a different experience. Better in most ways, but worse in a few too. Lose a lot of range in cold and long trips greater than 300 miles ( 480 km) no fun. Prefer the diesel for long distance running. Local, prefer the Tesla’s.
Thanks for the sober EV report. EVs have shrinking gas tank syndrome (range loss) that often doesn’t seem to make it into reviews.
Newzchspy (07-24-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 08:33 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
PLAID
Originally Posted by chassis
Thanks for the sober EV report. EVs have shrinking gas tank syndrome (range loss) that often doesn’t seem to make it into reviews.
ive owned Tesla’s now for three years. Former owner of 10 various AMG cars and truck. If we’re being honest, the range of a BEV and also battery longevity ( degradation) need to be discussed and addressed. Range loss at 50-80 degrees F is not an issue. It’s when you have to run cabin heat, more so than ac, that it’s an issue. You’ll lose 20-30% range just running cabin heat and seat heaters. AC maybe 5-10% . Battery degradation is also an issue. Youll lose range due to battery degradation. It all depends on climate, charging habits and sometimes just luck. BEV owners don’t discuss that and they should.

Performance wise, nothing MB makes will touch a Tesla. Nothing. That C63 or E63S is nothing compared to what a Dual Motor Performance S or Plaid can do. Even a lowly Model 3 Performance will beat 99% of the AMG out there. It is what it is. Wanna go fast, get a Tesla. Wanna go a long distance, get an ICE car, preferably a diesel.

There is a bright side to BEV. Zero maintenance . Literally nothing. Tires, wipers and windshield washer fluid. Nothing else. They are stone cold reliable. Couldn’t say that about my AMGs.

Last edited by Newzchspy; 07-24-2021 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-27-2021, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by Newzchspy
ive owned Tesla’s now for three years. Former owner of 10 various AMG cars and truck. If we’re being honest, the range of a BEV and also battery longevity ( degradation) need to be discussed and addressed. Range loss at 50-80 degrees F is not an issue. It’s when you have to run cabin heat, more so than ac, that it’s an issue. You’ll lose 20-30% range just running cabin heat and seat heaters. AC maybe 5-10% . Battery degradation is also an issue. Youll lose range due to battery degradation. It all depends on climate, charging habits and sometimes just luck. BEV owners don’t discuss that and they should.

Performance wise, nothing MB makes will touch a Tesla. Nothing. That C63 or E63S is nothing compared to what a Dual Motor Performance S or Plaid can do. Even a lowly Model 3 Performance will beat 99% of the AMG out there. It is what it is. Wanna go fast, get a Tesla. Wanna go a long distance, get an ICE car, preferably a diesel.

There is a bright side to BEV. Zero maintenance . Literally nothing. Tires, wipers and windshield washer fluid. Nothing else. They are stone cold reliable. Couldn’t say that about my AMGs.
Am still waiting for my EQC so no real life living experience but to cope with the delay i have spent ages researching living with electric cars. The issues of battery degredation and the cold weather impact are very much discussed on the electric car forums and they are not as big an issue once you adapt to living with an electric car but nevertheless are real and need to be considered. Admittedly almost all of my research is European based and Europe seems to be developing well in terms of infrastructure required which means recharging away from home is not as big an issue as in some countries. Most of the cars used are the smaller city type like the Nissan Leaf and Renault Zoe though the bigger South Korean brands like Kia with their middle size cars are gaining ground rapidly. The general view seems to be if you gave a small city car you need to ICE for long distance trips less so if you have the longer range cars like Tesla Mercedes Audi etc. I will say whilst the Teslas clearly win on the silly end of performance (especially in a country like the UK where there is not the space to use the acceleration like that) Tesla seem pretty rubbish on build quality and refinement and I think that will prove to be their Achilles heel eventually. All the reviews of the model 3 for example put me off as it is so dammed noisy plus their design is not really to a European aesthetic though having said that the EQC is no good looker frankly.
The future for diesel is dead here in France the sales of new ones has plummeted very rapidly their days are numbered but at least electric cars have diesel like torque. I said when I ordered my car I thought we were approaching a tipping point faster than people expected and it seems Mercedes agree with their recent announcement so once they can get over the chip shortage and the RUN89 regs re autonomous driving aids we should see some exciting cars coming out.