EQE SUV (X294) Forum for Discussion of EQE SUV

MB Wallbox - free!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-09-2024, 11:26 PM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
2023 EQE SUV 4Matic
MB Wallbox - free!

Sorry if this is widely known. I recently came across this link (below) where you put in your VIN to see if you’re eligible for a free wallbox. Apparently in the US if you bought your EQ in Q1’24 you can use this link to get a free wallbox (if you didn’t get one at the time of purchase). Even though I didn’t buy my EQE SUV in in q1 24 (mine was bought in June 23), my VIN worked and a couple of weeks later i got a free wallbox. I already have a Chargepoint flex so I’m debating if it’s worth switching…i like the idea of everything in one app and vanity of having a MB branded charger ))

Question - . Has anyone used both Chargepoint Flex and Wallbox? I assume a charger is a charger so there’s no real difference between the two since they similarly spec’d, but wanted to check.

Here is the link if you want to check. Not sure if it works outside the US. I was skeptical of it being some scam but i googled and it was legit. (And it worked for me).
https://link.bdainc.com/mbwallbox

The following 3 users liked this post by tusharj:
bytemaster0 (07-10-2024), jwb70 (07-10-2024), sears1234 (07-25-2024)
Old 07-10-2024, 12:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2023 BMW iX, 2023 Mercedes EQE 500
Originally Posted by tusharj
Sorry if this is widely known. I recently came across this link (below) where you put in your VIN to see if you’re eligible for a free wallbox. Apparently in the US if you bought your EQ in Q1’24 you can use this link to get a free wallbox (if you didn’t get one at the time of purchase). Even though I didn’t buy my EQE SUV in in q1 24 (mine was bought in June 23), my VIN worked and a couple of weeks later i got a free wallbox. I already have a Chargepoint flex so I’m debating if it’s worth switching…i like the idea of everything in one app and vanity of having a MB branded charger ))

Question - . Has anyone used both Chargepoint Flex and Wallbox? I assume a charger is a charger so there’s no real difference between the two since they similarly spec’d, but wanted to check.

Here is the link if you want to check. Not sure if it works outside the US. I was skeptical of it being some scam but i googled and it was legit. (And it worked for me).
Wow, had no Idea! I bought mine in October 23. I just used the link you provided and my free wallbox is on its way! Thanks for the post.
Old 07-10-2024, 08:02 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
2022 GLE450
Leased mine in May 2024, and this link worked for me too. thank you!
Old 07-10-2024, 01:17 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
glk
worked here too

bought in Dec 2023, dealer supposedly ordered, not received, follow-ups never did anything. had level 2 already for a chevy bolt I've been using, but won't turn down another one.
Old 07-10-2024, 06:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 609 Likes on 415 Posts
2024 AMG EQE SUV , 2021 E63S Wagon - gone, 2018 E63S Sedan - gone
Originally Posted by fjstuden
bought in Dec 2023, dealer supposedly ordered, not received, follow-ups never did anything. had level 2 already for a chevy bolt I've been using, but won't turn down another one.
Only for 2023 models. I have a 2024 AMG EQEX4 purchased on Dec 2023, which is not part of the promotion. Sigh!
Old 07-19-2024, 08:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EQE 350 X4
I saw this and tried the link today. I have a 2023 EQE 350 purchased July 1. I tried the link and it doesn't work, says invalid VIN. I guess either they've corrected this, or there's a cut-off at VIN's manufactured after 3/31/24 and mine probably was.
Old 07-24-2024, 06:36 PM

Received 236 Likes on 164 Posts
2023 EQE350 4MATIC, 2023 EQE 350 4MATIC SUV, 1995 E300 Diesel
Our MB Wallboxes came in by FedEx today - impressive! I might have to swap my Wallbox Pulsar Plus units. They've been problematic with the latest firmware, causing timeouts and even power cuts. I have to run them on old firmwares to get them to work. And now one of the relays is starting to go.
Old 07-28-2024, 11:50 AM

Received 17 Likes on 10 Posts
2022 GLE450
Originally Posted by jwb70
Leased mine in May 2024, and this link worked for me too. thank you!
Sorry - meant I leased a 2023 model year EQE 500 SUV in May 2023, not 2024. Good luck!
Old 07-28-2024, 11:55 AM

Ordered some 6/2 wire so that I can do a second run to the garage. Had 6/3 for the first charger so I could have a 14-50R in the garage for other equipment. Amazing how much cheaper 6/2 is. We have some Wallbox Pulsar Plus units that have been power sharing off the one line. It's worked very well, actually. However, some relays on one of our Pulsar Plus units are already failing intermittently, and as I'd mentioned above, their latest firmwares are garbage. The MB chargers are made by EVBox, I'm hoping they know how to make reliable chargers. I may leave the charge gun holsters from the Wallbox units up though, they are too convenient to ignore. Pity the MB/EVBox units don't come with charge gun holsters. We don't loop our charge cables around every time, I just pick up the cable half-way and drag it to the charger along with the charge gun and it's worked perfectly. So much faster.

Anyone put in their MB/EVBox units? Do you get more stats than what you see in the Mercedes Me Connect app without the Wallbox/EVBox? That's one thing that the Wallbox-made units have an advantage - fantastic stats reporting and aggregation of charger data.

Edit: And can you add more than one to your account?

Last edited by bytemaster0; 07-28-2024 at 11:57 AM.
Old 08-06-2024, 07:46 PM

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
GLC, EQE SUV
Originally Posted by tusharj

@tusharj ,I wanted to take a moment to thank you for sharing the information about the free MB wallbox offer. I purchased my EQE SUV last June and never thought I could get a free wallbox. After following your link, I entered my VIN and got approved. The MB wallbox was delivered to my home today, and I'm thrilled!

Thanks again for the helpful tip!
Old 08-08-2024, 10:43 PM

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
2023 EQE SUV 4Matic
Thanks for the message. This forum has been great with many helpful and kind members, so I’m glad my post helped!
Old 08-11-2024, 11:57 PM

Finally got my two MB Wallboxes online today. I still had my power-shared Wallbox Pulsar Plus units installed, and after one more firmware upgrade attempt, I was unable to charge the EQE SUV. It'd literally cut power right as the onboard charger was starting to pull power. Over and over. So, after giving Wallbox 2.5 months and countless messages, videos, and descriptions, and after some wishy-washy relays on one of them, I decided it was time to yank them out and put in the MB units.

Of course, that required running more cable, so I pulled some 6/2 cable to the breaker box in the basement, which is of course on the opposite side of the garage. Total time from tearing down the original Pulsar Plus units to pulling wires and installing the two new MB units was about 7 hours. And yes, there were about 6 trips to the hardware store because I'd invariably forgotten to get one small piece or another.

Now, I finally can charge both cars at max speeds without worrying about power sharing or crappy chargers with bad relays. There are several Ethernet ports inside, so you can connect via Ethernet, WiFi, or LTE (not available in the US, I suppose). Ironically, I do wonder if they did in fact support power sharing, as there are multple RJ45 jacks in there. But having full dedicated power has been great. The power relay on the MB units sounds just like the ChargePoint units - a powerful-sounding thunk and it's ready to go. Solid, and should last a long time. The integration into Mercedes Me Connect is pretty decent, and for those who are wondering, yes, you can add multiple MB Wallbox (made by EVBox) units to the same Mercedes Me Connect account.

Very glad I put these in!

Last edited by bytemaster0; 08-11-2024 at 11:58 PM.