EQE (V295) Sedan Upcoming

2023 EQE AMG - Thoughts thus far

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-07-2023, 01:01 PM

Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts
2023 EQE AMG - Thoughts thus far

So yesterday I drove home in my new (leased) red EQE AMG sedan. Here are some initial thoughts:
1. Disappointed to learn the car does not have the augmented reality for HUD. It has augmented reality navigation but not for HUD. They use somewhat misleading language in the build sheet and even my sales person thought this car has it. Well, it doesn't, as it's a 2k option available only on the EQS with the hyper screen - somethiing I learned only after I returned home with the car. This option was one of the reasons I wanted this car. I don't want to start a war with the dealership regarding exchanging vehicles and don't even know if that's possible. Oh well - next lease for sure.
2. The car 'floats' a lot more than I thought on the hwy when the suspension is set in comfort but is still quite harsh over bumps. Hopefully it's less floaty when the suspension is in sport mode. I can only imagine how floaty an EQS is!
3. The breaks (carbon ceramics) are amazing
4. The interior plastic bits that are painted in metal scratch super easily - my seatbelt buckle accidentally hit the trim in the center console and scratched it.
5. The interior is stunning. I don't mind the lack of the hyper screen at all
6. Red is a phenomenal color on the EQE AMG and is quite rare. Mine has the blacked out trim and it looks amazing (almost as good as an EQS AMG in red ). This is my first red car.
That's it for now. Will post pics soon.

Last edited by orys; 12-07-2023 at 01:04 PM.
The following 8 users liked this post by orys:
bytemaster0 (12-07-2023), dtd (12-28-2023), guess2098 (12-08-2023), icwhatudidthere (12-07-2023), LastOne (12-07-2023), ScottC2 (12-07-2023), Soulman (12-10-2023), Splaktar (04-04-2024) and 3 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 12-07-2023, 01:15 PM

Received 204 Likes on 140 Posts
2023 EQE350 4MATIC, 2023 EQE 350 4MATIC SUV, 1995 E300 Diesel
Please do post pics! Re: harsh bumps, the wheel and tire combo can have a *lot* to do with it. After having tried a few different tires on my sedan, I'm amazed at how much of a difference they can make. I purposefully ordered the 19" wheels with the build so I'd have as much sidewall as possible. Big wheels look beautiful, but ride quality and range mattered more to me. EQS is pretty floaty (at least the non-AMG) compared to the EQE but feels relatively well connected in sport mode with the air suspension. I have the steel springs (non-AMG), it feels pretty well damped but connected to the road.
The following users liked this post:
MBNUT1 (12-08-2023)
Old 12-08-2023, 04:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 464 Likes on 342 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
Yes, MB is confusing with AR vs HUD vs AR HUD. You're correct, currently 445 AR HUD is only available on the S Class, EQS, and EQS SUV, and for the EQSs only those with Hyperscreen. The AR HUD requires either opton 451 3D guages or PAG Hyperscreen, as it needs the eye sensors that are part of those two things. But even some vehicles that have hyperscreen (2024 EQE500/EQE AMG) or 451 (2023+ EQE SUV, 2024 EQE, 2024 E Class) don't offer 445.
Splaktar (04-04-2024)
Old 12-19-2023, 07:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Audi A4
Originally Posted by BenjaminKohl
Yes, MB is confusing with AR vs HUD vs AR HUD. You're correct, currently 445 AR HUD is only available on the S Class, EQS, and EQS SUV, and for the EQSs only those with Hyperscreen. The AR HUD requires either opton 451 3D guages or PAG Hyperscreen, as it needs the eye sensors that are part of those two things. But even some vehicles that have hyperscreen (2024 EQE500/EQE AMG) or 451 (2023+ EQE SUV, 2024 EQE, 2024 E Class) don't offer 445.
Was really disappointed they didn't add that as an option for the 2024 EQE.
Old 12-21-2023, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by jwsep
Was really disappointed they didn't add that as an option for the 2024 EQE.
Indeed, but the Mercedes navigation I don have is terrific. Way better than google maps
Old 12-27-2023, 04:45 PM

Received 101 Likes on 67 Posts
23'EQS AMG
The EQS AMG rides quite stiff in comfort. I have 21" rims (double 5 spoke). You feel every bumps but the dampers are good. My friend has the EQS One Edition, and in comfort, it is much softer on turns compared to the AMG in comfort. As for the AR HUD, I'm a big believer in using HUD. The AR HUD is nice, but you're not missing much if you have a HUD. I have it set to Performance most of the time. The navigation arrows, the tracking/floating blue/green animation in distronic mode is nice. But other than that, you're not missing much.
The following 3 users liked this post by MB37:
cda (12-29-2023), EQEBlue (01-26-2024), MBNUT1 (12-29-2023)
Old 01-19-2024, 05:10 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
EQS 580 SUV, Hummer EV SUT
One of my favorites best of luck and look forward to pictures. I’m shopping across the EQX lineup trying to decide what to replace my off lease model s with. It’s for my wife and she prefers Sedans, would consider EQS (last Benz was a 2017 S550) but she’s thinking perhaps smaller. I’d love to hear your further thoughts especially real world highway range if you’ve taken a trip. I know the SUV outperformed the 235 estimate to 270 on Out Of Spec 70 MPH range test. Hope you’re really enjoying, I am only leasing as well at this point.
Old 01-21-2024, 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Rob15
One of my favorites best of luck and look forward to pictures. I’m shopping across the EQX lineup trying to decide what to replace my off lease model s with. It’s for my wife and she prefers Sedans, would consider EQS (last Benz was a 2017 S550) but she’s thinking perhaps smaller. I’d love to hear your further thoughts especially real world highway range if you’ve taken a trip. I know the SUV outperformed the 235 estimate to 270 on Out Of Spec 70 MPH range test. Hope you’re really enjoying, I am only leasing as well at this point.
My feeling about the car is still positive after almost 2 months. Here are some random thoughts: In terms of range, I have not taken any long trips so my experience is limited (short trips in the area mostly). I think it's a well designed and thought out car overall. While it might not be beautiful, it certainly has a presence and does draw attention (perhaps due to the color). It is very comfortable, but I had a hard time finding a 'perfect' seating position - I am more content with the seating position now as I have gotten used to the relatively high dash (I don't have the giant screen, which is even higher).

I really like the steering feeling and the handling. If you set the driving dynamics to 'pro' (which you can do even in comfort), the overall feel is sporty and fun. Be aware that even if you opt for the sound insulation package (forgot the actual name), it only includes thicker windows in the front but not in the back as in the EQS. This means that you do hear some noise, thus the overall feel is not quite as luxurious as the EQS. It's not a big deal, but most people don't know about the difference when it comes to this package as it has the same name on both cars. I have the full leather seats and the quality is superb. It is true that there are a few plastic surfaces lower in the interior, but overall the interior quality is a very nice and seems identical to the EQS in that regard. The audio system is not the best I have heard but certainly good enough. The dashboard is a bit squeaky and that is my biggest gripe. I plan to take it in to service but am not holding my breath. The AMG is built in Germany and the overall build quality is great. Overall it's a great car.
The following 4 users liked this post by orys:
bytemaster0 (01-22-2024), guess2098 (01-22-2024), Rob15 (01-21-2024), Splaktar (04-04-2024)
Old 01-22-2024, 08:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 557 Likes on 379 Posts
2024 AMG EQE SUV , 2021 E63S Wagon - gone, 2018 E63S Sedan - gone
Originally Posted by orys
My feeling about the car is still positive after almost 2 months. Here are some random thoughts: In terms of range, I have not taken any long trips so my experience is limited (short trips in the area mostly). I think it's a well designed and thought out car overall. While it might not be beautiful, it certainly has a presence and does draw attention (perhaps due to the color). It is very comfortable, but I had a hard time finding a 'perfect' seating position - I am more content with the seating position now as I have gotten used to the relatively high dash (I don't have the giant screen, which is even higher).

I really like the steering feeling and the handling. If you set the driving dynamics to 'pro' (which you can do even in comfort), the overall feel is sporty and fun. Be aware that even if you opt for the sound insulation package (forgot the actual name), it only includes thicker windows in the front but not in the back as in the EQS. This means that you do hear some noise, thus the overall feel is not quite as luxurious as the EQS. It's not a big deal, but most people don't know about the difference when it comes to this package as it has the same name on both cars. I have the full leather seats and the quality is superb. It is true that there are a few plastic surfaces lower in the interior, but overall the interior quality is a very nice and seems identical to the EQS in that regard. The audio system is not the best I have heard but certainly good enough. The dashboard is a bit squeaky and that is my biggest gripe. I plan to take it in to service but am not holding my breath. The AMG is built in Germany and the overall build quality is great. Overall it's a great car.
I purchased a 2024 AMG EQE SUV in December, 2023. The car was built in Alabama a couple of weeks before delivery. The build quality is excellent with no squeaks, rattles, or strange sounds. I can confirm the the Acoustic package (PAF) which is installed does not have laminated glass in the rear windows. The main reason that I selected that option was for the heat reflecting properties. Since the rear windows are darkened privacy glass, I assume that the IR properties are built into those panes. Interestingly, I discovered that the windows cannot be lowered/raised unless the car is turned on! Strange behavior IMO. Yet another factoid that I've been learning among many. I have AMG sport seats and I have found them quite comfortable. I do miss the messaging function of the Multicontour Seats, but those are not available on the SUV. My main issue now is trying to keep my speed within the posted limits The car is so smooth that the feedback from the seats that i had with my E63S wagon is just not present. That's a good thing.
The following 5 users liked this post by HBerman:
bytemaster0 (01-22-2024), Drone_S213 (01-22-2024), guess2098 (01-22-2024), Rob15 (01-22-2024), ScottC2 (01-22-2024)
Old 01-22-2024, 03:07 PM

Received 88 Likes on 68 Posts
EQE SUV 500 4Matic
Originally Posted by HBerman
My main issue now is trying to keep my speed within the posted limits The car is so smooth that the feedback from the seats that i had with my E63S wagon is just not present. That's a good thing.
I too have the same problem. I would love to shut off the annoying audio over-speed limit warning, but I don't dare yet. I still need more time to get used to the car. I can only conclude that sitting up high combined with the silence when compared to my old ICE Volvo makes it seem to me like I'm absolutely crawling. It's very deceptive...but I'm liking it!
The following 2 users liked this post by ScottC2:
HBerman (01-22-2024), Rob15 (01-22-2024)
Old 01-23-2024, 12:04 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
C300EQE
My other EV is an Ioniq 5 (Limited) with the HUD display. It's nice but mostly useless because I drive with polarized lenses and the lens filter out the HUD displayed on the windshield. Only time I get to see it is at night which is 10% of the time I drive. And I mean it completely filters out you can't see it at all.
Old 01-23-2024, 01:19 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 554 Likes on 411 Posts
MB
The main reason that I selected that option was for the heat reflecting properties. Since the rear windows are darkened privacy glass, I assume that the IR properties are built into those panes.
They make really great ceramic tint in clear to help reduce IR. Llumar is a good brand but several others.
Old 01-23-2024, 02:21 PM

23'EQS AMG
I have the laminated glass option on my EQS. It is quiet, but when I measure the dba, it is the same as my decade old 750. However, it seems the "ambient" sounds is much less, and I can hear the music much better at lower volume in the EQS. It also has a neat bluish reflective tint on the windshield.

For homes, laminated glass is actually cheaper than tempered glass. I'm not sure why it is more expensive when it on a car versus a window or cabinet door in a house.
Old 01-24-2024, 12:57 AM

I purchased a 2024 AMG EQE SUV in December, 2023. The car was built in Alabama a couple of weeks before delivery. The build quality is excellent with no squeaks, rattles, or strange sounds. I can confirm the the Acoustic package (PAF) which is installed does not have laminated glass in the rear windows. The main reason that I selected that option was for the heat reflecting properties. Since the rear windows are darkened privacy glass, I assume that the IR properties are built into those panes. Interestingly, I discovered that the windows cannot be lowered/raised unless the car is turned on! Strange behavior IMO. Yet another factoid that I've been learning among many. I have AMG sport seats and I have found them quite comfortable. I do miss the messaging function of the Multicontour Seats, but those are not available on the SUV. My main issue now is trying to keep my speed within the posted limits The car is so smooth that the feedback from the seats that i had with my E63S wagon is just not present. That's a good thing.
I have the massaging seats. I have yet to try them. Got to be honest I never enjoyed a massage from any chair ever
Old 01-24-2024, 04:30 PM

23'EQS AMG
Originally Posted by orys
I have the massaging seats. I have yet to try them. Got to be honest I never enjoyed a massage from any chair ever
Don't worry. It's a luxury . . . nice to have but not always used or useful. I don't care for it, but the wife and kids insist it is a must have. The same for the head and lap pillows. I put them on, they put them away. Now I have 6 pillows in a plastic bag in the back trunk or whatever you call that space now.
HBerman (01-24-2024)
Old 01-24-2024, 05:09 PM

Received 204 Likes on 140 Posts
2023 EQE350 4MATIC, 2023 EQE 350 4MATIC SUV, 1995 E300 Diesel
Originally Posted by MB37
back trunk or whatever you call that space now.
Brunk?