EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

EQS SUV Builds

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-06-2022, 09:43 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
'19 X5 50i, '21 Defender 110
How is it that there is no Build configuration on mbusa.com yet? Seems weird to be this far behind when they are already being ordered and built
The following users liked this post:
JoeMa (09-06-2022)
Old 09-06-2022, 11:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,585 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by imfletcher
How is it that there is no Build configuration on mbusa.com yet? Seems weird to be this far behind when they are already being ordered and built
This is typical of MBUSA. The configurator is always up very late or practically right before general release.
Old 09-18-2022, 12:46 AM

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
2020 Nissan Titan
Build changed at Factory

New
H08 Natural Grain Anthracite Linden Wood
847 Third Row Seats

Former
H20+781 Natural Grain Brown Magnolia w/ Aluminum Mercedes-Benz Stars

Old 09-18-2022, 12:26 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 784 Likes on 504 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by SoCal888
New
H08 Natural Grain Anthracite Linden Wood
847 Third Row Seats

Former
H20+781 Natural Grain Brown Magnolia w/ Aluminum Mercedes-Benz Stars

Was this changed with or without your permission? I would be annoyed at this change.

I did notice that all the EQS SUVs at my dealer had this anthracite trim (which is black matte wood). I find it works well with black interiors, but with lighter interiors it is not so great.

I ordered the aluminum lines walnut.
Old 09-18-2022, 02:48 PM

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts
2020 Nissan Titan
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
Was this changed with or without your permission? I would be annoyed at this change.

I did notice that all the EQS SUVs at my dealer had this anthracite trim (which is black matte wood). I find it works well with black interiors, but with lighter interiors it is not so great.

I ordered the aluminum lines walnut.
The configuration was changed without our permission by the factory. Our SA and even the SM called to complain. We’ll see. I would have to think some of these changes are due to part availability constraints. My wife really didn’t want the 3rd row. It wasn’t until after I climbed back there and we dropped the center of the 2nd row seat that she agreed to accept the changes.

Glad to hear the anthracite looks good with black seats (our spec)!

Our SA offered to change a November build to our original spec but there was no guarantee the factory wouldn’t make the same changes to that order too. Also, our exterior color is the (likely) less common Emerald Green. We’d really prefer to get our unit this year and didn’t want to risk a new order falling further behind.

And honestly, the inlaid stars on the center console are an amazing engineering feat and look great. In person I felt the exposed wood may not fair well over time.
Old 09-18-2022, 04:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 803 Likes on 635 Posts
I've had configuration changes done by MB on almost all of their cars I've factory ordered over the past 50 years. The '16 W212 I ordered came without the hi end sound system. I simply refused delivery and received a full refund.

Last edited by ua549; 09-18-2022 at 04:19 PM.
Old 09-18-2022, 07:10 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 784 Likes on 504 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by SoCal888
The configuration was changed without our permission by the factory. Our SA and even the SM called to complain. We’ll see. I would have to think some of these changes are due to part availability constraints. My wife really didn’t want the 3rd row. It wasn’t until after I climbed back there and we dropped the center of the 2nd row seat that she agreed to accept the changes.

Glad to hear the anthracite looks good with black seats (our spec)!

Our SA offered to change a November build to our original spec but there was no guarantee the factory wouldn’t make the same changes to that order too. Also, our exterior color is the (likely) less common Emerald Green. We’d really prefer to get our unit this year and didn’t want to risk a new order falling further behind.

And honestly, the inlaid stars on the center console are an amazing engineering feat and look great. In person I felt the exposed wood may not fair well over time.
Yes in My Opinion Anthracite is the best wood trim for a black interior. I had that configuration on my first EQS. Originally I was wishing it had walnut, but once I saw it in person I realized it was the better combination.

I actually think the inlaid aluminum stars would make a lot more sense on anthracite than on magnolia. Magnolia is a bit of a weird choice for the aluminum stars imo. They would really pop on a dark gray trim.

Our SUV has the Walnut with Aluminum Lines, but we went with Macchiato Beige Nappa where it makes more sense.

Last edited by stealth.pilot; 09-18-2022 at 07:12 PM.
Old 09-21-2022, 01:17 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
eqs
I noticed an order I placed for an EQS SUV 580 had a change in upholstery,
The original order configuration read: Macchiato Beige/Space Grey Nappa Leather
However, the delivery spec sheet now reads: Porcelain/Espresso Brown Nappa Leather

Is this simply a name change for the same colors?
Old 09-21-2022, 02:35 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 402 Likes on 282 Posts
23 EQS 580 SUV, 19 X7 (sold), 17/14 GLS550 (sold) 13 GL550 (sold)
Originally Posted by sam818
I noticed an order I placed for an EQS SUV 580 had a change in upholstery,
The original order configuration read: Macchiato Beige/Space Grey Nappa Leather
However, the delivery spec sheet now reads: Porcelain/Espresso Brown Nappa Leather

Is this simply a name change for the same colors?
Mercedes has acknowledge that the latest upgrade to NetStar has some inaccurate descriptions, this is one example. As long as you ordered 805, you’ll get the beige interior. I’m sure they’ll have all of this sorted out soon enough.