EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

Anyone know what this is?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-15-2022, 08:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EQS
Anyone know what this is?

I was looking at all the reviews and I can't figure out what this is. Anyone know?

Old 07-15-2022, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 784 Likes on 504 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by MB USA
I was looking at all the reviews and I can't figure out what this is. Anyone know?
That is a loudspeaker. And it is part of the Burmester High-End 4D sound system which we are not offered in the USA.
Old 07-15-2022, 11:28 AM

EQS
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
That is a loudspeaker. And it is part of the Burmester High-End 4D sound system which we are not offered in the USA.
Thanks,

The US doesn't get the Atmos system? What do we get?
Old 07-15-2022, 12:38 PM

EQS
I see what you are saying we get Atmos but 3D. I can't see anywhere how many speakers.

Old 07-15-2022, 01:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
I see what you are saying we get Atmos but 3D. I can't see anywhere how many speakers.

Yes this is what we get. BTW As far as I can tell they don't offer Burmester 4D in any EQS in any country. I have only seen it on press cars. I think they are trying to con the press into thinking this car has a world-class audiophile sound system (over 1500W), when in reality it has a second tier luxury sound system (under 1000w)
Old 07-15-2022, 01:52 PM

EQS
I hope it sounds good. The B&W in the iX is supposed to be really good.
Old 07-15-2022, 01:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2022 Mercedes EQS 580
I hope it sounds good. The B&W in the iX is supposed to be really good.
I ordered an IX which I declined when it arrived at the dealer. We went to see it, sat inside, etc. My wife just didn't like the look and the resale value was trending in a way that suggested I would lose money after 6 months of ownership. So we walked away and got the deposit back.

But I can tell you the B&W sound system is awesome and it crushes what we have in the EQS.
Old 07-15-2022, 04:00 PM

EQS
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
I ordered an IX which I declined when it arrived at the dealer. We went to see it, sat inside, etc. My wife just didn't like the look and the resale value was trending in a way that suggested I would lose money after 6 months of ownership. So we walked away and got the deposit back.

But I can tell you the B&W sound system is awesome and it crushes what we have in the EQS.
Agree on the B&W.

I was able to find this write up. Dolby Atmos®: Close to the real live music experience

The standard Dolby Atmos immersive sound system® takes the audio experience in the EQS SUV to a new level. Individual instruments or voices of the studio mix can be placed all around the listening area. A new kind of sound animation thus becomes possible: This is because while conventional stereo systems usually have a left-right dynamic, Dolby Atmos® can use the entire area and create a 360-degree experience.

Dolby Atmos® is offered with the Burmester® surround sound system, which has 15 speakers.