EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

Mercedes Me charge with EA & Chargepoint

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2022, 03:49 PM

Received 84 Likes on 56 Posts
Mercedes Me charge with EA & Chargepoint

Hi guys
I'm going from Austin to OKC to pickup my car on Monday and then driving it back. The dealer said he can't setup the Mercedes Me until we pick up so there is a chance my account may not activate. But he said if I had to pay and I can call EA and they will probably credit me on the phone. Anyone have experience with this?

I also setup the Chargepoint app with my home charger and that also setup my account to charge at their public stations. I was surprised by the number of fast chargers they have - seems like a lot more than EA.

One more question - if I go to a Chargepoint station does it also work with the Mercedes Me and just autodetects my car and start charging (and bill my credit card) or do I have to do that charge through Chargepoint app.

Last question, are there other charging network apps that I should be downloading on to my phone to have a complete list of places I can charge?

Old 10-22-2022, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 926 Likes on 606 Posts
2019 SL550/2023 EQS 580 SUV
PlugShare
Old 10-23-2022, 07:47 PM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
535i
Mercedes me is the only app you need .. it is meant to be like an aggregator app that will show all supported chargers.
Old 10-27-2022, 10:09 AM

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
EQS 580 SUV
Originally Posted by abhansali
Hi guys
I'm going from Austin to OKC to pickup my car on Monday and then driving it back. The dealer said he can't setup the Mercedes Me until we pick up so there is a chance my account may not activate. But he said if I had to pay and I can call EA and they will probably credit me on the phone. Anyone have experience with this?

I also setup the Chargepoint app with my home charger and that also setup my account to charge at their public stations. I was surprised by the number of fast chargers they have - seems like a lot more than EA.

One more question - if I go to a Chargepoint station does it also work with the Mercedes Me and just autodetects my car and start charging (and bill my credit card) or do I have to do that charge through Chargepoint app.

Last question, are there other charging network apps that I should be downloading on to my phone to have a complete list of places I can charge?
How did your drive back from OKC go? I did a similar pick up, Philly to Chicago on Monday.
Old 10-27-2022, 10:36 AM

My pickup got delayed because my wife got the flu last weekend. So we are going on Sunday. Will update you. Thx for your detailed post on the other thread.

One question, my dealee told me he can't set up the Mercedes Me until they do the official delivery. Curious that your dealer set it up for you before you went. Maybe because he needs me to sign final paperwork once I get there??
Old 10-27-2022, 12:30 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
2023 EQS 580 SUV Selenite Grey
Don't know if it will help, but I had already setup the Mercedes Me Connect accounts for my wife and I prior to visiting the dealer. Since I accepted all the licenses and disclaimers ahead of time on both accounts, all that was left was the step to add a vehicle. My plug-n-charge email came back within the first 15 mins of leaving the dealership. All I did during delivery was to provide the primary username for my Mercedes Me Connect (you can use an email address or phone number as the username). Once I was added, I later invited my wife to the vehicle as well via the Connect App.
Old 10-27-2022, 02:51 PM

EQS 580 SUV
My pickup got delayed because my wife got the flu last weekend. So we are going on Sunday. Will update you. Thx for your detailed post on the other thread.

One question, my dealee told me he can't set up the Mercedes Me until they do the official delivery. Curious that your dealer set it up for you before you went. Maybe because he needs me to sign final paperwork once I get there??
The dealer can certainly assign the VIN to your Mercedes Me account ahead of time. I had already signed the order agreement and provided a deposit, just had not finalized the purchase.
Might just have to be a little pushy with the dealer, letting him know you're road tripping, you MUST have EA plug and charge activated , and you want the VIN setup 24 hours ahead of time in your Mercedes Me app (which they can do).
Old 10-27-2022, 03:04 PM

Ok I'm going to push my dealer because I've already paid a huge down payment so no excuse.
Old 10-27-2022, 03:31 PM

EQS 580 SUV
Ok I'm going to push my dealer because I've already paid a huge down payment so no excuse.
Yes, just make sure you have Mercedes Me app and created your log in.
I would also request they charge the vehicle to 100% so you are ready for the first leg when you leave.
The following users liked this post:
LasVegas_89135 (10-27-2022)