EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

Few general questions a dealer couldn't answer

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-29-2022, 07:57 AM

Received 61 Likes on 38 Posts
NCC-1701
Post Few general questions a dealer couldn't answer

Went to test drive the EQS and had a few questions the dealership couldn't answer. Perhaps you might know:

- How is CarPlay working with the Hyperscreen? Does is stretch the entirety of the screen or is it centered and using less than the full screen?
- I recall on the demo video months ago they showcased that doors have electric mechanisms that hold the door securely at any angle when you open it. Is that the case?
- On Tesla vehicles, all cameras record while driving, there is a Sentry parking mode, and cameras can now be used to remotely view live footage. Any such functionality with the EQ line?
- Is the adjustable suspension an AIRMATIC or something else?
- Can you adjust the seat headrest forward / backwards or is it only up/down?
- Do they have any plans to enable phone / card as a key on current EQ line vehicles so a remote is not necessary?

Thanks!
Old 12-29-2022, 08:05 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 803 Likes on 635 Posts
Do they have any plans to enable phone / card as a key on current EQ line vehicles so a remote is not necessary?
That functionality has been around for many, many years, just not in the North American market. I doubt if it will ever be availble in the US.
Old 12-29-2022, 10:48 AM

Received 261 Likes on 154 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Originally Posted by cupecoy
Went to test drive the EQS and had a few questions the dealership couldn't answer. Perhaps you might know:

.....- Can you adjust the seat headrest forward / backwards or is it only up/down?.....
The front seat head rests can be manually moved front to back. The door control does up and down. The rear seat head rests can be manually adjusted up and down. I don't recall if they can be adjusted front to back. The head rest button on the rear door is just a dummy switch.
The following users liked this post:
cupecoy (12-29-2022)
Old 12-29-2022, 01:30 PM

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts
2022 Taycan GTS, 2023 EQS580 SUV, 2023 EQS580 sedan

- How is CarPlay working with the Hyperscreen? Does is stretch the entirety of the screen or is it centered and using less than the full screen?
yes, it stretch the entirety of the screen. but you don't need to use CarPlay screen. on the MB nav screen, you can see CarPlay song and call list on the lower part of the nav screen (1/5~1/6 of the screen)
-
- Is the adjustable suspension an AIRMATIC or something else?
can only lift the car. not able to play or adjust like Porsche taycan (lift, normal, lower, low)
- Can you adjust the seat headrest forward / backwards or is it only up/down?
up down is electric, forward, backward is traditionally manual
The following users liked this post:
cupecoy (12-29-2022)
Old 12-29-2022, 03:36 PM

Received 61 Likes on 38 Posts
NCC-1701
Originally Posted by guess2098
yes, it stretch the entirety of the screen. but you don't need to use CarPlay screen. on the MB nav screen, you can see CarPlay song and call list on the lower part of the nav screen (1/5~1/6 of the screen)

can only lift the car. not able to play or adjust like Porsche taycan (lift, normal, lower, low)

up down is electric, forward, backward is traditionally manual
I don't particularly like MB's navigation as it is frequently out of date, much prefer Google Maps / Apple Maps. My plan is to use those vs MB's navi. On the GLE the screen is poorly utilized with CarPlay.
Old 12-29-2022, 05:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 402 Likes on 282 Posts
23 EQS 580 SUV, 19 X7 (sold), 17/14 GLS550 (sold) 13 GL550 (sold)
The MB mapping is not as bad as you may think. Granted, Google Maps and Apple Maps are better at offering multiple routes but they do not offer tracking of DC Fast Chargers when traveling. I've used the MB mapping a few times with good success. Give it a try. You can always fall back on the other two maps if needed.

Last edited by JoeMa; 12-29-2022 at 05:56 PM.
Old 12-29-2022, 05:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
I don't particularly like MB's navigation as it is frequently out of date, much prefer Google Maps / Apple Maps. My plan is to use those vs MB's navi. On the GLE the screen is poorly utilized with CarPlay.
How fast are they building new roads in your area? I rely on a now-4 year old database in my daily driver without any problems of finding the destination.
Old 12-29-2022, 06:42 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 803 Likes on 635 Posts
Originally Posted by Sportstick
How fast are they building new roads in your area? I rely on a now-4 year old database in my daily driver without any problems of finding the destination.
I don't recall any time that I navigated to a street address because I don't know what it is. I always navigate to a destination name. Businesses come and go frequently, so navigating to a business name often fails because the data is out of date. Then I resort to using my cell phone and HERE WeGo.
Old 12-29-2022, 09:51 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 57 Likes on 36 Posts
Another round of ICE
Originally Posted by ua549
I don't recall any time that I navigated to a street address because I don't know what it is. I always navigate to a destination name. Businesses come and go frequently, so navigating to a business name often fails because the data is out of date. Then I resort to using my cell phone and HERE WeGo.
Ah, it makes sense now. I almost always use the street address entered orally with the nav’s voice response system. Thanks.