EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

Dealer allocations for EQS 580 SUV

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 12-03-2023, 05:26 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EQS
Dealer allocations for EQS 580 SUV

I’ve ordered a custom build of the EQS 580 SUV with my local MB dealer on Nov 1. They said allocations are usually available middle of the month, now it’s over a month and they still haven’t received any allocations.

Can someone with experience share what I should be doing? Are other dealers going to have allocations so should I try other dealers? Or is it always all dealers have or not have allocations at the same time?

Also I find it quite odd that we cannot even get a build date when we order, I’m effectively in queue for joining the queue - is this normal? Why does someone about to pay $145k for a car get treated this way - does MB just not have their s**t together?
Old 12-03-2023, 05:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Audi R8 V10
EQS SUVs are so low in demand that you shouldn't really custom order one and pay MSRP.
The following users liked this post:
QuadBenz (12-03-2023)
Old 12-04-2023, 04:47 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
03 SL500
It is hard to say. I ordered a 580 in January 12th 2023, it didn't go into production until 9/9. It wasn't the dealers fault, MB will decide which vehicles to accept for the build. MB did not have all the parts I wanted in the config and it wasn't until they came in that they accepted the build for that allocation spot.
That is only one thing that could go sideways. I don't know what is going on with your specific build/allocation but it may not necessarily be the dealers fault. Now, communication about what is going on is another story!
Old 12-04-2023, 05:08 PM

Received 40 Likes on 33 Posts
EQS
Originally Posted by aquarian
EQS SUVs are so low in demand that you shouldn't really custom order one and pay MSRP.
I have conflicting views on this. I can see your point but it is also the case these are expensive cars with a lot of options so I can understand people wanting to get exactly what they want, which usually means custom order. I would order one and then continue checking the inventory to see if a similar one shows up.
JoeMa (12-04-2023)
Old 12-05-2023, 08:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sarhoshamiral
I have conflicting views on this. I can see your point but it is also the case these are expensive cars with a lot of options so I can understand people wanting to get exactly what they want, which usually means custom order. I would order one and then continue checking the inventory to see if a similar one shows up.
I understand that these are 2024's you are wanting to order but be aware of the current market in new 2023 EQS SUVs. Just last week 2 separate MB dealers were offering $31,000 discounts off MSRP on EQS SUV listed at $141,000. Just for interest I put one of the VINs into Carvana and stated 500 miles. The Caravan purchase offer was $72,000 and change. I think this is a great car but I am not sure there is a bottom to what price makes sense for a purchase or lease. If these cars are still on the lot during year end, I would suspect that there will even be further discounts.
Old 12-05-2023, 09:18 AM

Received 342 Likes on 213 Posts
2008 CL550, 2022 EQB300, 2022 EQS580
MB Sacramento has like 100 EQS sitting on their lot. You could likely find something to your liking, also at a big discount.
Old 12-05-2023, 10:05 AM

Received 361 Likes on 257 Posts
'16 C450, '21 Dad Wagon Pilot, '22 Wrangler 4xe
2024 allocations have not been released by the manufacturer. Simply put, they do not have a vehicle to apply your build to.
​​​@aquarian stated, if you can find a 2023 on a dealer lot that fits what you're looking for then you're going to get a hell of a deal right now.
Old 12-05-2023, 10:58 AM

Received 121 Likes on 79 Posts
2014 S550, 2007 S600
Originally Posted by jamshedd
I’ve ordered a custom build of the EQS 580 SUV with my local MB dealer on Nov 1. They said allocations are usually available middle of the month, now it’s over a month and they still haven’t received any allocations.

Can someone with experience share what I should be doing? Are other dealers going to have allocations so should I try other dealers? Or is it always all dealers have or not have allocations at the same time?

Also I find it quite odd that we cannot even get a build date when we order, I’m effectively in queue for joining the queue - is this normal? Why does someone about to pay $145k for a car get treated this way - does MB just not have their s**t together?
You’re not ordering a car. You’re having a dealer modify their already allocated car to your specifications. If they don’t have an allocation at the time you give them your spec then your spec will wait in a queue until they receive one. Nobody is treating you poorly.
CincyMBGuy (12-05-2023)