EQS SUV Forum for Discussion of EQS SUV

So I bought an extended warranty for my EQS

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-25-2024, 07:06 PM

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts
EQS
So I bought an extended warranty for my EQS

Currently have a 2023 EQS 580 SUV and by far my favorite daily driver I've ever owned.... Just recently did a road trip from Carolina to Baltimore (Ravens Game) then up to Buffalo (Bills game) then back home and it handled like a champ on the trip, hell even Electrify America did their part with working chargers.

Here's though where I am at, my car already has 34k miles, I drive A LOT and MBUSA did extend my warranty until 75k as good faith for previous issues with the EQS but given my driving habits I felt that wasn't enough. Since owning the car I have had:
Hyperscreen completely replaced $17k, there was a line running through it
Some kind of computer module replaced as the car would intermittently connect to MercedesMe and other communications modules $5k

And quite honestly being Version 1.0 on a car that likely no one else can work on other than Mercedes makes me NERVOUS

I reached out to Trenton Gibson at @Highline-Autos.com and got:
7 years and an additional 100k so warranty through 134k miles $250 deductible for $6722

I felt that the additional 60k miles of warranty coverage for $6700 was justified as the repairs on these things can get expensive QUICK and that their product was more in line for an EV based warranty and not a traditional car warranty program

Thoughts on this?
The following users liked this post:
Highline-Autos.com (01-26-2024)
Old 01-25-2024, 09:47 PM

Received 261 Likes on 154 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Originally Posted by thebigkat82
Currently have a 2023 EQS 580 SUV and by far my favorite daily driver I've ever owned.... Just recently did a road trip from Carolina to Baltimore (Ravens Game) then up to Buffalo (Bills game) then back home and it handled like a champ on the trip, hell even Electrify America did their part with working chargers.

Here's though where I am at, my car already has 34k miles, I drive A LOT and MBUSA did extend my warranty until 75k as good faith for previous issues with the EQS but given my driving habits I felt that wasn't enough. Since owning the car I have had:
Some kind of computer module replaced as the car would intermittently connect to MercedesMe and other communications modules $5k

And quite honestly being Version 1.0 on a car that likely no one else can work on other than Mercedes makes me NERVOUS

7 years and an additional 100k so warranty through 134k miles $250 deductible for $6722

I felt that the additional 60k miles of warranty coverage for $6700 was justified as the repairs on these things can get expensive QUICK and that their product was more in line for an EV based warranty and not a traditional car warranty program

Thoughts on this?
That actually sounds reasonble. My selling dealer quoted $6400 to increase the 4-year 50K mile warranty to a 5-year 100K mile warranty. So far I had three repairs that would have been expensive outside the warranty. Replace door handle, $500. Replace driver seat cover, more than $2000. Replace left headlight assembly, $2700.
Old 01-26-2024, 12:56 AM

Received 157 Likes on 101 Posts
23' EQS AMG
Is there a lifetime limit on the warranty policy?
Old 01-26-2024, 10:53 AM

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
EQS 450 4maric
Originally Posted by thebigkat82

Thoughts on this?
Do you have details on what that covers?
I.E. Battery and all electric drive components? Does it include battery degradation?

My warranty repairs so far (1 year ownership). include:
A collapsed rear air suspension
Recoding of the ambient and digital lights (just quit working)
Rear Seat Tablet replacement

Old 01-26-2024, 03:16 PM
SPONSOR

Received 241 Likes on 186 Posts
2001 E55AMG
Originally Posted by MB37
Is there a lifetime limit on the warranty policy?
If you're asking the max payout in repairs by the warranty company? Yes it is the value of the vehicle at the purchase of the warranty coverage.
Old 01-26-2024, 03:18 PM
SPONSOR

2001 E55AMG
Originally Posted by mpmoore
Do you have details on what that covers?
I.E. Battery and all electric drive components? Does it include battery degradation?

My warranty repairs so far (1 year ownership). include:
A collapsed rear air suspension
Recoding of the ambient and digital lights (just quit working)
Rear Seat Tablet replacement
All of the above would be covered under the Fidelity Platinum Warranty coverage, you reach reach out at tgibson@highline-autos.com for an example contract that explains coverage.
Old 01-26-2024, 03:19 PM
SPONSOR

2001 E55AMG
Happy to help @thebigkat82 !
Old 01-28-2024, 09:00 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
EQS 580 SUV, Hummer EV SUT
Wow you’re some road warrior. Given your driving habits this seems like a sound investment. I’m glad to see you’re a fan after doing 34k in the vehicle. I’ve done a 153 miles in the EQS 580 so not quite where you are but it a very pleasant vehicle to drive. It’s my wife’s DD and she couldn’t be happier.

on another note is there a section here where folks are chronicling these long distance excursions? I find the experiences interesting.
The following users liked this post:
thebigkat82 (01-28-2024)