2024 EQS450X4

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2024, 08:21 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
EQS450
2024 EQS450X4

Good day,
We are in the market for purchasing an electric SUV. We tried the Tesla X, BMW iX and EQS 450. We all loved the EQS. In order of our preferences, EQS > IX > MX
The dealership is offering this package for around 108k (plus tax+tags+processing). I'd love to know if this is a good deal.

Also, I am really interested in having this car park in my garage automatically. We were super impressed with how it did reverse parking in a parking lot, but curious if garage parking would work or do I need to pay for some subscription? I also wanted to see if I can add a dashcam - is that something I can get done on top of this? I don't want wires sticking out - so I'd prefer the MB dealer doing it.

Also are there any gotchas with EQS I need to know about? Both my wife and I are getting into our 50s - won't say we are updated with the latest of cool things, so a little curious if going with an EQS vs Tesla vs BMW is the right choice!

Thank you

Last edited by nevermindme; 07-06-2024 at 05:51 AM.
Old 07-05-2024, 11:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 646 Likes on 481 Posts
MB
Dashcam can be added with package code 21U for $200.

Maybe also consider adding the Acoustic package. I believe the 450 cannot add a trailer hitch, only 580. Just so you're aware.

The following users liked this post:
nevermindme (07-06-2024)
Old 07-06-2024, 10:25 AM

Received 261 Likes on 154 Posts
EQS 450 4Matic SUV
Unless you are chauffeuring someone around, I think the the Executive Rear Seat Package (included with Pinnacle Trim) offer questionable value. It's also unfortunate that the Third Row Seats require staggered wheels in the configuration. This almost guarantees that the tires will be short-lived due to limited rotation options.
Old 07-06-2024, 02:58 PM

Received 89 Likes on 62 Posts
Dashcam is already built-in. So all you need is software purchase and activation, anytime after you got your car. No wires, and there is no extra hardware you can see.
Are you in US? There is no memory parking for North America (available elsewhere), so I don't think it can auto park into your garage, if that is what you are looking for.
Old 07-06-2024, 09:11 PM

EQS450
Originally Posted by LAZARU5
Unless you are chauffeuring someone around, I think the the Executive Rear Seat Package (included with Pinnacle Trim) offer questionable value. It's also unfortunate that the Third Row Seats require staggered wheels in the configuration. This almost guarantees that the tires will be short-lived due to limited rotation options.
Oh! Thank you for that perspective. As it turns out, this package does _not_ include the rear tablets behind each front seat - it only includes the handrest tablet which is great, because the rear tablets are not useful to me. the rear handrest tablet however is a great option for my kids to control music et al.

Originally Posted by nosnoop
Dashcam is already built-in. So all you need is software purchase and activation, anytime after you got your car. No wires, and there is no extra hardware you can see.
Are you in US? There is no memory parking for North America (available elsewhere), so I don't think it can auto park into your garage, if that is what you are looking for.
Yes, I am. I just bought the car and we absolutely love it. Bummer though, it does not detect our garage open door (I wonder what would happen if I put in white painted markers - hah!). On the positive side, reverse parking was super easy with all its camera views and curve indicators (I have a 2007 lexus prior to this which had none of this - so I'm dated)

And also yes, I found out all I need to do is activate dashcam and get a USB-C stick - so I'm good there.

Old 07-08-2024, 10:27 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 474 Likes on 351 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
What is the MSRP of the car? In general, I've seen people aiming for 12-15% off pre incentives, and then there are fleet/Sam's club/Amex incentives (I think AMEX is the best right now, I think $5,000 for this model) plus a few other things (leasehackr knows), and then if you lease there's another $7,500.
Old 07-16-2024, 06:15 AM

EQS450
Originally Posted by BenjaminKohl
What is the MSRP of the car? In general, I've seen people aiming for 12-15% off pre incentives, and then there are fleet/Sam's club/Amex incentives (I think AMEX is the best right now, I think $5,000 for this model) plus a few other things (leasehackr knows), and then if you lease there's another $7,500.
My apologies - I missed this question. MSRP, prior to taxes/tags was 126k. We settled at 106k. We chose not to do a loaner - we are the kind of folks who keep a car for a long time (if the car lets us, which admittedly is an unknown for these EV vehicles).
Old 07-16-2024, 10:02 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 402 Likes on 282 Posts
23 EQS 580 SUV, 19 X7 (sold), 17/14 GLS550 (sold) 13 GL550 (sold)
$20K discount sounds right based on the depreciation the EQS SUV is seeing. I know you'll love it (we love ours). Congrats!
The following users liked this post:
nevermindme (07-18-2024)