EQS US Orders (Confirmed Allocation)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-22-2021, 05:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,122 Likes on 734 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by Soulman
Did he say it had the automatic doors, by chance?
Quite frankly, automatic doors, gesture commands and climate control "experiences" are gadgets I could most definitely do without. I could also care less about augmented reality, I have the non HUD version in the GLS580 and its a useless distraction. Much more useful is a display with the arrow in the appropriate lane. I love the HUD but I only display 1/3 of the possible things more stuff is distracting rather than informative.
Old 11-22-2021, 08:12 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 849 Likes on 543 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Originally Posted by c4004matic
Quite frankly, automatic doors, gesture commands and climate control "experiences" are gadgets I could most definitely do without. I could also care less about augmented reality, I have the non HUD version in the GLS580 and its a useless distraction. Much more useful is a display with the arrow in the appropriate lane. I love the HUD but I only display 1/3 of the possible things more stuff is distracting rather than informative.
The new AR HUD does put an arrow in the appropriate lane - but on the windshield. I think that is pretty awesome. Agree that automatic doors and gesture commands are a total waste of time.
Old 11-22-2021, 09:31 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,122 Likes on 734 Posts
17 E43; 21 GLS580
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
The new AR HUD does put an arrow in the appropriate lane - but on the windshield. I think that is pretty awesome. Agree that automatic doors and gesture commands are a total waste of time.
Much to my chagrin the hand gesture thing is standard. It tmay be a useful thing for German or northern European folks but for us hispanics its probably the first thing to turn off. It will drive us nuts if every time we flip someone off or have a "lively" conversation the lamp lights start going on and off or the radio volume goes crazy🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by c4004matic; 11-22-2021 at 09:34 PM.
Old 11-23-2021, 05:36 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 849 Likes on 543 Posts
2022 Mercedes EQS 580
Much to my chagrin the hand gesture thing is standard. It tmay be a useful thing for German or northern European folks but for us hispanics its probably the first thing to turn off. It will drive us nuts if every time we flip someone off or have a "lively" conversation the lamp lights start going on and off or the radio volume goes crazy🤣🤣🤣
The hand gesture feature is not available if you get the Neva Blue and Gray interior. That’s what I ordered!
Old 11-23-2021, 01:43 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,586 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Originally Posted by stealth.pilot
The hand gesture feature is not available if you get the Neva Blue and Gray interior. That’s what I ordered!
You're not missing much, I tried it in the new S-Class and its pretty useless. The only good thing about the interior assistant is that it can detect which mirror you're looking at to adjust, although the touchpad to adjust the mirror is pretty finicky when not looking at it, so its hit or miss. Other than that, the two finger gesture rarely worked and illuminating the passenger light when moving a hand over there is not really something that I would need often.

Agree, first thing I turned off in my 540i, didn't really find it to bring any benefit to the usability of the car.