EQS EQS (V297) sedan

2023 EQS Sedan Order Guide

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-26-2022, 10:23 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 478 Likes on 355 Posts
2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
Originally Posted by bethaustin
HI! I checked and I only have a few days left to change any of my options for a 580 eqs.

I’d love to run some things by you

It will be extremely rare for anyone to be in the backseat, so I wasn’t going to spend extra to get the Pinnacle trim (the 3rd and top level) for the additional features for the backseat. The Exclusive trim (the 2nd level).is the perfect package for me.

BUT, I was just told you can’t get heads up or augmented reality in the Exclusive trim. You need to get the Pinnacle trim for those two features. I need to decide how much those features are worth to me. They come included.

Any opinions ? I’ve never seen either!
the Exclusive trim requires one of the HUDs. If the netstar is showing them as only available with pinnacle, that’s an error.
Old 11-26-2022, 10:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
cl550
Originally Posted by BenjaminKohl
the Exclusive trim requires one of the HUDs. If the netstar is showing them as only available with pinnacle, that’s an error.
Thanks! I saw that it was grayed out when he tried to add it. But, I will now ask him to make a call. Because i was going to pay for the virtual reality feature, i started to consider the 4K upgrade to exclusive because it was included.. then he realized the exclusive is making him choose napa leather which has a cost to that ….. so then it’s over 5k for virtual reality. Argh! I am so torn because it’s too much money for stuff I don’t need, but I do always get confused onto which street the map systems are telling me to turn.. “take your next right’ (well, is that THIS right here or the next one! I always choose the wrong one

It does say pinnacle comes with a more cushioned console. Anyone know HOW much more comfy. (Just trying to find some things that might actually be enjoyed to justify the money… I’m thinking less frustration with map directions that i don’t need very often might not be worth 5k…even if it will feel that way at the time!
Old 11-26-2022, 10:53 AM

cl550
PS
You all are great!!! So helpful to be able to bounce things off you!
Old 11-26-2022, 11:07 AM

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts
2023 EQS 580
HI! I checked and I only have a few days left to change any of my options for a 580 eqs.

I’d love to run some things by you

It will be extremely rare for anyone to be in the backseat, so I wasn’t going to spend extra to get the Pinnacle trim (the 3rd and top level) for the additional features for the backseat. The Exclusive trim (the 2nd level).is the perfect package for me.

BUT, I was just told you can’t get heads up or augmented reality in the Exclusive trim. You need to get the Pinnacle trim for those two features. I need to decide how much those features are worth to me. They come included.

Any opinions ? I’ve never seen either!
We ordered a 580 Exclusive spec’d with nearly all options. At first, I thought the filter wasn’t necessary but if you think about it, there is nothing else you can do with the space (no frunk). Plus it is nice to filter the air to that level. We also decided to go with the 445 HUD (you have to pick either 444 or 445) primarily for 3D turn directions. There are some cases at complex intersections, where 3D arrows can be handy.
Old 11-26-2022, 11:30 AM

cl550
This is all so helpful!

i did forget to comment on the air filter. I have assumed there is already a great filter and this is just a little better.. or maybe it’s a LOT better? I do tend to keep everything closed…. And to finlayson’s point, i also live in ca and at times it’s very polluted here.. but I’m not in my car much, so i have to think about the $$ on this one. If i was in it for hours a day, i do think it would definitely be worth it.

Old 11-26-2022, 12:20 PM

cl550
I realized I’ve been calling ‘augmented reality navigation’ ‘virtual reality . I assume you knew what I meant!

Old 11-26-2022, 12:32 PM

Received 152 Likes on 114 Posts
2005 SL 500. 2015 S550. 2016 GLE400 2018 S560
Sounds like Netstar is screwed up again. You should be able to order either the standard HUD or AR HUD with exclusive trim. And also, nappa leather is not or shall I say has not been a requirement for the exclusive trim as well. Sounds like I was lucky in that I am getting the car exactly to my specifications.
Old 11-26-2022, 12:45 PM

cl550
Thanks! I ordered last jan but now all the sudden things I selected were missing etc. I might have misspoke… to get augmented reality and heads up, i am told i need pinnacle, and it’s included for free in pinnacle.. but pinnacle requires napa leather now (and not included for free but a requirement).. you don’t need it for exclusive. And this doesn’t sound right at all but maybe Mercedes is just this way? I’m forever sad about not getting the auto opening doors!!! I was waiting for that but now i hear i could be waiting forever, so i should just get the car already!
Old 11-26-2022, 01:27 PM

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts
2023 EQS 580
Netstar was messed up a few months ago. It said our car was going to be built Aug 31. In reality, the build started Nov 10 and the car was completed on nov 16. I don’t see why you can’t order the car as stated. Maybe Netstar is not accepting changes or there is some sort of error again? In august, we thought the options on our car were messed up. The dealer offered to configure one of their cars on order. At the time, we configured an Exclusive with automatic comfort door (DH0) for an additional $2,750. Previously, you couldn’t select that option. Maybe that was an error.
Old 11-26-2022, 01:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2014 Mercedes E350 4matic Wagon, 2018 Fiat 124 Spyder Lusso manual, 2005 Acura TSX manual
The only thing I can think of is HUD has been temporarily discontinued from exclusive because of parts shortages, and that they’re requiring nappa with the massage or something, but I assume it’s just netstar messing up. You should be able to order exclusive with AR HUD and regular leather no problem.
Old 11-26-2022, 02:08 PM

I have been waiting forever for my car to arrive but from the looks of it I was fortunate to get the car exactly as I ordered it, nothing was deleted. Especially to pay $130+k for a car and find out you still can’t get certain things. The only thing I may have got was the comfort doors, but they have been unavailable for a long time so they didn’t enter into my order.
I’ll have to ask my salesman if he can order a 580 exclusive trim with AR HUD.
Old 11-26-2022, 02:31 PM

Received 67 Likes on 46 Posts
2020 E53 CABRIOLET 2021 S580 (TRADED), 2023 EQS580 SEDAN SEDAN
Originally Posted by Radman991
I have been waiting forever for my car to arrive but from the looks of it I was fortunate to get the car exactly as I ordered it, nothing was deleted. Especially to pay $130+k for a car and find out you still can’t get certain things. The only thing I may have got was the comfort doors, but they have been unavailable for a long time so they didn’t enter into my order.
I picked up my EQS580 three weeks ago, nice car, really enjoying it, really get up to speed quick, my S Class was a little more comfortable though. The only thing that was omitted on my order was the Winter Package, I probably used the heated steering wheel once on my S Class so accepted the EQS minus that package.
Old 11-26-2022, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by ALANPRIEBE
I picked up my EQS580 three weeks ago, nice car, really enjoying it, really get up to speed quick, my S Class was a little more comfortable though. The only thing that was omitted on my order was the Winter Package, I probably used the heated steering wheel once on my S Class so accepted the EQS minus that package.
I’m coming from an S class as well. Best riding car I’ve ever driven. Hope I’m not disappointed with the 580’s ride. I didn’t go with the winter package as I plan to use it in South Florida for most of the year and possibly New England in the summer.
Old 11-26-2022, 04:07 PM

I’m coming from an S class as well. Best riding car I’ve ever driven. Hope I’m not disappointed with the 580’s ride. I didn’t go with the winter package as I plan to use it in South Florida for most of the year and possibly New England in the summer.
Unless you are super picky like some journalists I don't think you'll be disappointed, I wasn't! I did not get the AMG interior but it's the Nappa leather upgrade. The front seat is a little more rigid, my S580 I believe had more padding, it's not uncomfortable just not as plush, also the center console doesn't have the padding so your knee rubs against plastic not leather or carpet, The suspension doesn't absorb bumps like the S580 but it's not far from it but the car weights a half ton more than the S580. Otherwise it's a pleasant car to drive plenty of get up a go, hit the go peddle and you'll be thankful for headrests, it really drives you back into the seat! As of this writing the electronics works much better that my 2021 S Class, hopefully that will continue. The car handles well but don't seem to notice the rear steering like on my S Class and it 10 degrees not 4.5, maybe just used to rear steering? I went from a Cadillac CT6 (4 degrees rear steering) to a S580 (4.5 degrees) to a EQS580 (10 degrees). The rear steering makes this big tub handle pretty well, you really pay zero attention to the 207" you're moving around, feels more like an E Class, have fun!
The following 2 users liked this post by ALANPRIEBE:
dblankenbaker (11-26-2022), Radman991 (11-26-2022)
Old 11-27-2022, 05:39 PM

cl550

HI! Just updating all of you that I AM getting the exclusive with the AR HUD.. i don’t have to get the pinnacle or the napa.. a mistake was made on the computer and my order had it on there all the time. WHEW!!!!!

The following users liked this post:
dblankenbaker (11-27-2022)
Old 11-27-2022, 05:43 PM

cl550
I passed up some cars last year waiting for the auto opening/closing doors, but I finally gave up after hearing I could be waiting, literally, forever! I don’t even know much about the comfort doors but hope you wind up with them!

The dealer told me cars are still arriving without electric seats.. hard to imagine!

Old 11-27-2022, 05:46 PM

cl550
Good to know the exclusive requires one of the hud!!! That makes me feel better about getting AR in that it’s just a little bit more $$ than what i had to choose.
Old 11-27-2022, 06:06 PM

I passed up some cars last year waiting for the auto opening/closing doors, but I finally gave up after hearing I could be waiting, literally, forever! I don’t even know much about the comfort doors but hope you wind up with them!

The dealer told me cars are still arriving without electric seats.. hard to imagine!
Not sure if I'd buy that being deleted, does Mercedes even have a manual controlled seat in any of their cars?
Old 11-27-2022, 06:11 PM

cl550
I shared this with my brother (who was in the car biz and bff’s with a Mercedes’ dealer) because I was also surprised. He confirmed he heard a few months ago many or all lower end Mercedes were being built with manual seats and s class without the massage feature..

Mind blown!
Old 11-27-2022, 06:25 PM

I shared this with my brother (who was in the car biz and bff’s with a Mercedes’ dealer) because I was also surprised. He confirmed he heard a few months ago many or all lower end Mercedes were being built with manual seats and s class without the massage feature..

Mind blown!
I can see that, I think the lower end Mercedes have manual passenger seats with auto an option, so just put a passenger seat on the drivers side, and also minus massage on S Class, not an issue. I believe there was a time frame, not long ago when the kick access on the trunk on the EQS was also constrained, first thing I checked on mine. Did the cheerleader kick and open she did! I asked about convertibles on EV's, was told the top operation takes so many micro chips they were doubtful when that would happen? I have a 2020 E53 Cabriolet and if I could swap that for a EV, probably would.
The following users liked this post:
dblankenbaker (11-27-2022)
Old 11-27-2022, 06:37 PM

cl550
I don’t know about the KICK!!! Is this something I’ll probably get (building it in Jan) or is it an option I need to select ?

Until I totaled it last year, I had a cl550.. it was old but I still worshiped it. I’d LOVE for that to come around again.. I like a huge car for extra safety but I don’t need a back seat

There was a very sexy convertible at the dealership … it was truly drool worthy !
Old 11-28-2022, 09:43 AM

I don’t know about the KICK!!! Is this something I’ll probably get (building it in Jan) or is it an option I need to select ?

Until I totaled it last year, I had a cl550.. it was old but I still worshiped it. I’d LOVE for that to come around again.. I like a huge car for extra safety but I don’t need a back seat

There was a very sexy convertible at the dealership … it was truly drool worthy !
I ordered my EQS580 November 18,2021 and got the no hands kick open trunk, not sure if order date is the issue? It probably has to due with micro chip shipments and what Mercedes deems necessary to constraint that won't hurt the customer too much at that time? So, you are looking for something large (for safety) with no back seat, I see a two door pick up truck in your future LOL! I like my E53 Cabriolet but it has a back seat. Top down, wind in your hair (or what's left of it), creature comforts, 20mpg city, 30 mpg highway, brilliant blue, blue top, black/titanium interior. It's a looker and zero to 60 in 4.6 seconds, inline 6 hybrid. Trying to order a 2023 e 53 cabriolet in rubellite red, red top.
Old 11-28-2022, 10:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

The EQS comes standard with the kick to open trunk. It was only unavailable for a week to so if production, probably fewer then 50 US cars. But the C class and S class have not had it for a while, and before that the GLC, E, and front drive models didn’t have it for a long time.

As for manual seats, in most markets aside from North America, manual seats are not only standard but far more common in front drive models and C/GLC class, and even possible on the E Class. So it was odd for GLA, GLB, A, and CLA to have manual seats in the US but when I told my European friends about it and how much of a bummer it was, they were shocked that the electric seats were supposed to be standard and said they couldn’t recall seeing those models with power seats ever.
Old 11-28-2022, 10:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1,586 Likes on 982 Posts
Mercedes/Mazda/Genesis
Hopefully the days of build deletions will soon be over but I am not so sure. As for EV convertibles, Porsche will likely be the first to do so with the EV Boxster and Cayman which should arrive after 2025.

Last edited by js_cls; 11-28-2022 at 10:37 AM.
Old 11-28-2022, 10:53 AM

cl550
Originally Posted by js_cls
Hopefully the days of build deletions will soon be over but I am not so sure. As for EV convertibles, Porsche will likely be the first to do so with the EV Boxster and Cayman which should arrive after 2025.
Oh, those ev porsches are gorgeous!!! I have 3 friends with them and I’m quite jealous. But, I prefer more of a cushy s class kind of feel/drive, and I wanted to go to sf and back with no charge, so it wasn’t for me.. but soooo good looking!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 2023 EQS Sedan Order Guide