EQS EQS (V297) sedan

Mercedes me app

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-09-2023, 06:48 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Audi Etron
Mercedes me app

Does anyone know why the Mercedes me connect Apple watch app does not work? Every other EV I have had, used a companion smartwatch app that was very convenient. Seems like a gross oversight. Is this an EQS-specific issue or a Mercedes wide issue? Unable to find anything online about this. Thank you.

Last edited by FFT1; 01-09-2023 at 06:58 PM.
Old 01-10-2023, 04:46 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 3,842 Likes on 2,568 Posts
2019 C63CS
There is no Mercedes me connect Apple Watch app. The old Mercedes me app had a watch version of the app, but the new app doesn't. Smart watches have largely failed as a device category.
The following users liked this post:
Diesel Benz (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 07:55 AM

Received 445 Likes on 279 Posts
EQS 450+
But I do get alerts about the car not being locked, or finishing charging on my Apple watch.
Old 01-10-2023, 08:01 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by hlothery
But I do get alerts about the car not being locked, or finishing charging on my Apple watch.
Yes, because those are notifications from the app which show up on the watch like other notifications. I get Mercedes me notifications even on my Fitbit. Notifications don't require an app on the watch itself.
hlothery (01-10-2023)
Old 01-10-2023, 07:42 PM

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts
2023 Mercedes ESQ SUV 580 ● 2021 Volvo XC40 Recharge
My EQS is on order, so I have no way to experiment with the App.

I was wondering if the Mercedes App has a similar functionality in regards to navigation forwarding as my Tesla App. What I mean is that, with the Tesla App, I can share a Google Maps location on my iPhone and it will forward that location to the car's navigation.

Can the Mercedes App do something like that?

Last edited by LasVegas_89135; 01-10-2023 at 07:44 PM.
Old 01-11-2023, 12:12 AM

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
2023 AMG EQS
Originally Posted by LasVegas_89135

I was wondering if the Mercedes App has a similar functionality in regards to navigation forwarding as my Tesla App. What I mean is that, with the Tesla App, I can share a Google Maps location on my iPhone and it will forward that location to the car's navigation.

not sure about sharing from Google Maps to the car, but the MercedesMe app itself has a pretty decent maps feature, in which you can search whatever you need and then send it directly to the car's nav.
The following 2 users liked this post by JZK26:
Diesel Benz (01-11-2023), finlayson (01-11-2023)
Old 01-11-2023, 01:31 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 295 Likes on 247 Posts
223.168 & 213.012 & 906.633 & 214.005

Used to be no need to forward Google Maps locations, one could send the location directly from Google Maps to a Mercedes car (even before Mercedes Me existed). Now I'm afraid there is a fight between navigation data providers, since Mercedes is one of the companies that bought Here Maps, Google seemed to drop the service. Here (at wego.here.com) supports delivery of destination addresses directly from their maps.

Sharing Google Maps locations via email or telephone number would still work but less convenient than via Mercedes Me as explained above.
Old 01-11-2023, 02:21 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS

Yes, the Mercedes me connect app has the same feature. I use it all the time. You can share a location directly from Google Maps, Apple Maps, Yelp etc.

I even created a Shortcut automation that lets me pick an upcoming calendar event, extract the location from it and send it to the car.
Old 01-11-2023, 08:00 AM

Received 71 Likes on 45 Posts
No Mercedes yet
Yes, you can even type (or paste) in a latitude,longitude to the "Mercedes Me Connect" map page (click the 'compass arrow' at the bottom right corner of the screen to get there), and it will figure out a location from this - which you can then send to your car.

Now, the only thing I need my other navigation app (Waze) for - running in the background on my phone - is to get warnings of police waiting beside the freeway, and alerts about speed cameras. (I wish the EQS's navigation system got these warnings as well - then I would no longer have to run Waze at all.)
Old 01-11-2023, 08:34 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by finlayson
Yes, you can even type (or paste) in a latitude,longitude to the "Mercedes Me Connect" map page (click the 'compass arrow' at the bottom right corner of the screen to get there), and it will figure out a location from this - which you can then send to your car.

Now, the only thing I need my other navigation app (Waze) for - running in the background on my phone - is to get warnings of police waiting beside the freeway, and alerts about speed cameras. (I wish the EQS's navigation system got these warnings as well - then I would no longer have to run Waze at all.)
You can add fixed speed cameras to your MBUX personal POI collection but it would not handle moving police cars.
Old 01-11-2023, 08:41 AM

Received 71 Likes on 45 Posts
No Mercedes yet
Originally Posted by Diesel Benz
You can add fixed speed cameras to your MBUX personal POI collection
Yes, but I'm more interested in learning about speed cameras that I don't already know about :-) That's why Waze remains helpful for me.
Old 01-11-2023, 05:49 PM

Received 260 Likes on 154 Posts
2018 S560; 2022 EQS450+
You can add fixed speed cameras to your MBUX personal POI collection but it would not handle moving police cars.
My easy solution is to 1. run with the traffic; 2. If no traffic to run with, stay < 10 mph over the limit.
Results: 0 tickets in 40+ years.
LasVegas_89135 (01-11-2023)
Old 01-12-2023, 02:10 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by finlayson
Yes, but I'm more interested in learning about speed cameras that I don't already know about :-) That's why Waze remains helpful for me.
We have speed cameras all over the roads. If I drive to some place I've never visited, I would not know where cameras are. For an older person it would not work to have a look in advance. How on earth can you know all fixed cameras, are there so few in the US?

I hardly ever drive over-speed intentionally (here 10 mph would already give a ticket that hurts, a few of those and you lose your driving licence). The camera warning is useful to me even on familiar roads to avoid unintentional speeding.

I would not mind about the Waze capability to give a warning about police cars but it is more for those who intentionally drive too fast.

Sorry about off topic.
Old 01-12-2023, 03:42 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
We have speed cameras all over the roads. If I drive to some place I've never visited, I would not know where cameras are. For an older person it would not work to have a look in advance. How on earth can you know all fixed cameras, are there so few in the US?

I hardly ever drive over-speed intentionally (here 10 mph would already give a ticket that hurts, a few of those and you lose your driving licence). The camera warning is useful to me even on familiar roads to avoid unintentional speeding.

I would not mind about the Waze capability to give a warning about police cars but it is more for those who intentionally drive too fast.

Sorry about off topic.
In the USA there are effectively no speed cameras. They are, believe it or not, illegal here. Law enforcement in the USA needs probable cause before they can legally take action against somebody. Speed cameras assume everybody is potentially breaking the speed limit and indiscriminately measure everybody's speed w/o probable cause. This has been successfully challenged in courts so far and municipalities that have put up speed cameras had to later take them down. Same goes for red light cameras. They are effectively illegal and fines can be challenged. We do have red light cameras in certain places.

Also, other than in the states of Virginia and Mississippi, radar detectors are legal here, so speed cameras would be highly ineffective against those who wanna speed and simply use a radar detector. I personally find Waze useless. I've uninstalled it several years ago after it had a series of bugs that wreaked havoc on iOS. The alerts were very unreliable. The cops usually had already moved on when I got an alert and where they actually were I didn't get an alert, so I rely on my trusty long range radar detector, which has already paid for itself, as well as my keen eye and sense for where patrol cars can hide. The hiding places are often obvious such as behind or under an overpass or somewhere hidden by trees. Around here they always hide in the same places and outside of metropolitan areas the highways are so open that you can see a car on the side of the road miles ahead and the radar detector warns me of moving patrol cars with their radar turned on.

It's also somewhat easy to fight a speeding ticket around here or you can take traffic school to keep it off your record. Out of all the speeding tickets I ever got, only one ever stuck, the others were dismissed or I kept them off the record by doing traffic school. I am from Europe originally and driving in Europe has become a disaster at least outside of Germany. Constantly changing speed limits and having to watch out for speed traps. I am in Germany currently, so at least here I can still blast down the Autobahn on the unrestricted sections, but also have to watch out for speed traps on restricted roads. However, speeding tickets are cheap here compared to other places in Europe and the points don't affect my foreign driver license.

Last edited by superswiss; 01-12-2023 at 10:43 AM.
Diesel Benz (01-12-2023)
Old 01-12-2023, 10:24 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 803 Likes on 635 Posts
Originally Posted by Newbyloub
My easy solution is to 1. run with the traffic; 2. If no traffic to run with, stay < 10 mph over the limit.
Results: 0 tickets in 40+ years.
You are very fortunate. A ticket for 10 mph over the limit will cost about $200 in Florida. Fines vary by jurisdiction. I've been a passenger in vehicles that got pulled over for 2 or 3 mph over the limit. I've been given a warning for stopping with my front tires on the painted stop bar.
Old 01-12-2023, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 302 Likes on 209 Posts
2022 EQS580
As far as I know Mercedes me and Mercedes me Connect are not one and the same. Mercedes me only applies to Mercedes vehicles prior to 2019. So let’s be be a little careful on how we use these names. If I’m wrong, I apologize in advance.
Old 01-13-2023, 04:38 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally Posted by AppleFan1
As far as I know Mercedes me and Mercedes me Connect are not one and the same. Mercedes me only applies to Mercedes vehicles prior to 2019. So let’s be be a little careful on how we use these names. If I’m wrong, I apologize in advance.
An "on topic" message for a while, are these allowed?

Must be correct in the US but even if NA is the default here, I hope forum members allow me talking about Mercedes Me as we in Europe only have this one app. Hope the context makes it clear without too much confusion.
Old 01-13-2023, 04:50 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2019 C63CS
Originally Posted by AppleFan1
An "on topic" message for a while, are these allowed?

Must be correct in the US but even if NA is the default here, I hope forum members allow me talking about Mercedes Me as we in Europe only have this one app. Hope the context makes it clear without too much confusion.
Unfortunately it's very confusing and it's also different in the different markets. Technically Mercedes me connect is the backend platform that replaced mBrace in 2019+ models. Along with that went a completely new phone app that has different names in different markets. In Europe it was called Mercedes me 2020 at one point. Looks like they dropped the 2020 now and in the USA the app is called Mercedes me connect, same as the platform. This was because the old mBrace app was already called Mercedes me, so they needed a new name.

Folks should clearly state what year their car is whenever posting about Mercedes me, and also where they are located. It's not just the name that's different, but the services are also regional and are not the same everywhere.
Diesel Benz (01-13-2023)