European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

Where is my GLC300?????

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-11-2017, 03:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GLK350
Where is my GLC300?????

After exhausting review of the MB European Delivery Program versus purchasing directly from a dealer I pulled the trigger and ordered a 2018 GLC300 4matic using the EDP through my local dealer. I requested a pickup date of September 6 as that is my birth date. Everything went smoothly and we picked up our car on the 6th of September in Sindlefingen without a hitch (except I didn't have a birthday cake at the delivery center which I had expected). After a fun-filled 13 days of cruising through parts of Germany, France, Italy and Austria we dropped the car off at the Munich drop-off-point on September 18 for shipment home to South Carolina (then hopped on the S-bahn at the airport for a fun night at Oktoberfest which was just getting under way). Everything was going great that point (with the exception of a 15 euro speeding ticket for going 8 km/hr over the speed limit in Lieman Germany). I followed the progress of the car via the internet on the web sites provided my at the drop-off-point and by MBUSA. The car was loaded on the CLOVER-ACE in Bremerhaven, Germany on the 1st of October and the ship set sail on the 2nd. It arrived at Halifax, Nova Scotia 9 days later on October 11, stayed for 10 hours and left for Brunswick, GA, which was the destination for my car. I was offloaded 4 days later in Brunswick and the release by US customs 2 after that. Now four weeks later, today, I am still waiting for my car. The dealer has received three deliveries from Brunswick during that time but none with my car. They have called MBUSA to inquire about the status with no answer. I have left three messages with MBUSA asking them to check on the status and to let me know. At this point all I am doing is venting. I wouldn't be so upset except the car has been paid for.
Just wondering what others have experienced with wait time following delivery to the Brunswick Vehicle processing center. Thanks for listening.
Old 11-11-2017, 04:33 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
Originally Posted by benzag70
After exhausting review of the MB European Delivery Program versus purchasing directly from a dealer I pulled the trigger and ordered a 2018 GLC300 4matic using the EDP through my local dealer. I requested a pickup date of September 6 as that is my birth date. Everything went smoothly and we picked up our car on the 6th of September in Sindlefingen without a hitch (except I didn't have a birthday cake at the delivery center which I had expected). After a fun-filled 13 days of cruising through parts of Germany, France, Italy and Austria we dropped the car off at the Munich drop-off-point on September 18 for shipment home to South Carolina (then hopped on the S-bahn at the airport for a fun night at Oktoberfest which was just getting under way). Everything was going great that point (with the exception of a 15 euro speeding ticket for going 8 km/hr over the speed limit in Lieman Germany). I followed the progress of the car via the internet on the web sites provided my at the drop-off-point and by MBUSA. The car was loaded on the CLOVER-ACE in Bremerhaven, Germany on the 1st of October and the ship set sail on the 2nd. It arrived at Halifax, Nova Scotia 9 days later on October 11, stayed for 10 hours and left for Brunswick, GA, which was the destination for my car. I was offloaded 4 days later in Brunswick and the release by US customs 2 after that. Now four weeks later, today, I am still waiting for my car. The dealer has received three deliveries from Brunswick during that time but none with my car. They have called MBUSA to inquire about the status with no answer. I have left three messages with MBUSA asking them to check on the status and to let me know. At this point all I am doing is venting. I wouldn't be so upset except the car has been paid for.
Just wondering what others have experienced with wait time following delivery to the Brunswick Vehicle processing center. Thanks for listening.
If you haven't read this thread already you may want to, is full of post from people that have ordered a car and it disappears into some black hole at the VPC, only to reappear weeks or months later. MB seems to provide little feed back as to the cause and dealers claim to have limited, to no, information as to why this happens. Most of the posts are for special order GLCs, and not EDP, so your case is unusual in that aspect. Bottom line, the only solution appears to be to wait, with no detailed explanation as to the cause of the delay.

https://mbworld.org/forums/glc-class...ting-room.html

May be someone with more knowledge of the VPC processing can provide some insight into the types of issues that can cause such long delays.
Old 11-12-2017, 02:36 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
2018 C-Class Coupe
Similar situation. My car (non GLC) was also on the Clover ACE. Dropped off in Long Beach California on the 30th of October. The IFF site shows the car as being on the Customs lot, but it was released on the 30th. Dealer also sees it as released but is unable to get an ETA. Waiting it out. It will eventually show up.
Old 11-12-2017, 08:57 AM

GLK350
Thanks Moto1550. Sounds like our vehicles were on the same ship. After the Clover Ace left Brunswick the next shown destination was the Panama Canal. Obviously bringing your car to Long Beach. I am upset because I have made several attempts to contact MBUSA for a status and expected delivery date. Every time I called I would only get voice mail. I left messages asking that they check on the status and call and let me know when I might expect delivery. I have not even had a common courtesy return call to at the very least tell me that "they don't know". Finally had enough and sent an e-mail directly to the CEO of MBUSA.
Old 11-12-2017, 12:10 PM

2018 C-Class Coupe
Yes, they were on the same ship - left Bremerhaven on the 1st of October.

It's a different dynamic with the EDP cars. They are privately owned when they ship across the pond and subject to more intensive inspection than factory cars. I believe that's true on the Customs and VPC sides.

Additionally, depending on what you left in the car or removed from it, that can be a contributing factor. I think there are also fees involved, which are different than the fees for factory cars. At least for the way the handled. That's and opinion, rather then a known fact.

Have you been in touch with Emily at all? Perhaps she will have better insights as to where your car is. Your car will eventually show up. Hang in there.
Old 11-12-2017, 02:45 PM

GLK350
I forgot all about calling Emily Deck directly. I have been calling the MBUSA number and then choosing the "european delivery program" option. Could you please send me the phone number for her direct line by a private message. I no longer have it.

The people at the drop-off point went through the car with me and the only things I left was the owners manual and one key. Everything else was removed as I was told it probably wouldn't be in car when I got it back. Customs cleared the car on the second business day after arrival.

The car is classified as a used new car ( or maybe a new used car) and some fees apply but they have already been paid. Cars that come in are given a priority rating and obviously my is not a priority one. The I have a number of options that need to put on the car that are not done at the factory but none that couldn't be done in a hour or less.

My wife just asked me if I wanted some cheese and crackers to go with my whine. She has a way of putting things in the right perspective.
Old 11-12-2017, 04:38 PM

2018 C-Class Coupe
PM sent with Emily's info. Your wife is a smart woman. Be sure to keep her around.

In case this is your first Euro Delivery, which it seems like it is, I can tell you after doing it a few times, it gets much easier and relaxed. The wait is the worst part the first time around, or possibly the second. After three, it's like "meh". Share that info with your wife so the next time she's know you'll be much more relaxed.
Old 11-14-2017, 06:10 PM

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts
BMW 330i
Originally Posted by moto1550
PM sent with Emily's info. Your wife is a smart woman. Be sure to keep her around.

In case this is your first Euro Delivery, which it seems like it is, I can tell you after doing it a few times, it gets much easier and relaxed. The wait is the worst part the first time around, or possibly the second. After three, it's like "meh". Share that info with your wife so the next time she's know you'll be much more relaxed.
happy wife- happy life!
Old 11-15-2017, 09:24 AM

GLK350
The car arrived yesterday along with a birthday cake. Spent two hours sitting in the car trying to figure out how to work everything. I guess I need a tutor.
Old 11-15-2017, 06:54 PM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts
BMW X3, Mercedes GLC300 (EDP)
Originally Posted by benzag70
The car arrived yesterday along with a birthday cake. Spent two hours sitting in the car trying to figure out how to work everything. I guess I need a tutor.
Congrats,

As painfull as the long wait can be, the pain will soon be forgotten as you spend time enjoying your new car.