European Delivery of Your New Car Discuss the process and issues associated with European Delivery for non-Euro members.

Car won't be ready

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-28-2018, 10:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 E400 Coupe
Car won't be ready

Planned a once in a lifetime trip to pick up my first ever MB in Germany. Been in the work since September. They send an e-mail yesterday (one week before I'm to be picking up the car) informing me the car is on "quality hold" and will not be ready for delivery. So.....that's a huge bummer.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:54 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Sorry to hear the bad news.. What model? if you don't mind me asking

Originally Posted by prowlernfo
Planned a once in a lifetime trip to pick up my first ever MB in Germany. Been in the work since September. They send an e-mail yesterday (one week before I'm to be picking up the car) informing me the car is on "quality hold" and will not be ready for delivery. So.....that's a huge bummer.
Old 02-28-2018, 10:56 PM

2018 E400 Coupe
E400C
Old 02-28-2018, 11:08 PM

glk 350
I feel you

Thats a bummer. I know your feelings ordered my car 9/13/17 and was told that it made it to America and was released to the carrier on 2/21/18. I’ll believe it when I see it with my own eyes.
Old 02-28-2018, 11:31 PM

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Demand a loaner car, maybe even an S class!! You can still make your trip , drive the loaner car and still get to enjoy your vacation?
I would be mad as hell if they did this to me, you have every right to ask for a loaner even an upgrade model such as an AMG or S!

Old 03-01-2018, 03:09 PM

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
GLC
You can drive the loaner car for 2 weeks and maybe still pick up your car by end of the trip.
Old 03-01-2018, 03:26 PM

2018 E400 Coupe
They have already gotten me an S class for loan and I'll still have a great time on the vacation. It's just a huge letdown because a very large part of the trip was to have the delivery experience. I don't even know what "quality hold" means.
Old 03-02-2018, 01:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
2022 EQS 580
That doesn't sound like German engineering at its best.
We ordered our 2018 E43AMG in June 2017 and picked it up the day they said it would be ready in September.
The factory tour is definitely worth taking, we got to see the E Class in various stages, you would enjoy that since you ordered an E Class too.
I hope things work out ok for you.
Old 06-12-2018, 01:35 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2006 SLK350
This does not happen to Mercedes...well sometimes

They have already gotten me an S class for loan and I'll still have a great time on the vacation. It's just a huge letdown because a very large part of the trip was to have the delivery experience. I don't even know what "quality hold" means.
My experience was slightly worse. I bought an SLK350 and got their hotel package to drive around Germany and France. I went to the usual ED experience, got in the car to drive it away and it wouldn't. My MB introductress thought I was an idiot who could not put a car in gear and politely sat in the driver's seat to instruct me. When the same thing happened to her, she blanched--as these things don't happen to MB. After a couple of more frantic hours they gave up and gave us a loaner car and told us they would find us on our trip and exchange cars when they sorted it out. They never did and so we drove an S-class around until we dropped it off in Paris where we would have dropped off our SLK.

My wife was mostly annoyed because she had packed small for the SLK and we could have fit the SLK in the back seat of the S-class. It all was sorted out eventually and our car arrived (fixed) back home about the time it should have.