Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.

A GTG with a Twist? MBWorld Dinner #1

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 02-14-2006, 04:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts
AMG
A GTG with a Twist? MBWorld Dinner #1

I'm kicking around the idea of organizing a GTG sometime in the next month or so, but something slightly different. Instead of the usual tire-kicking in the parking lot (which we should be able to do anyway), we should have a really nice dinner gathering at a fine Atlanta restaurant. We could have a ****tail hour and possibly even run some video footage of previous GTGs and play the DVD from the Northeast AMG fest, assuming we could secure a private room.

At this point, I'm "open" as to a date and location, but would really like to go some place top-notch. My preference is for a Saturday evening, but will entertain all offers. If a member here has some influence with a fine local establishment, please let me know as we'd want a locale that could cater to a decent sized crowd while having good (safe and abundant) parking.

Please reply to this thread if you have an interest in attending. We can let the specific plans develop once other members have provided feedback.
Old 02-14-2006, 04:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clk Black Series
i'm in and i can check on places to eat but we kind of need a consensus on location. e.g.( buckhead,alpharetta,norcross, etc..)
Old 02-14-2006, 05:06 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 94 Likes on 77 Posts
haters crazy
Originally Posted by jenk12m
i'm in and i can check on places to eat but we kind of need a consensus on location. e.g.( buckhead,alpharetta,norcross, etc..)
umm how about DC? I can get a bar. j/k
Old 02-14-2006, 06:12 PM

2005 E55 AMG
I'm in, regardless. Centrally located would be nice - what about a private room at Ruth's Chris or McKendrick's in Sandy Springs? While it's a drive, Cafe Elan At Chateau Elan would be a great setting - and very secure. No inside pull at any of the above, just mulling possibilities.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:26 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Excellent! Keep the suggestions coming. Depending upon the locale, I may have to arrange some special parking and/or security with the restaurant.
Old 02-15-2006, 09:49 AM

2000 CLK-430 - Sold
How are you guys? I just sold my BMW 540 and Iam picking up a 2000 CLK 430 with 35000 miles this weekend. I'am in the Kennesaw area, just moved here from the Seattle area. I will be glad to meet with you all, being this is my first Mercedes. I'am a BMW fanatic and I hope that I have a good experience with the 430.
Old 02-15-2006, 10:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65
Count me in..... hmmm what to bring.

I vote for the Buckhead area or we rent out Andretti's Speed Lab
Old 02-15-2006, 10:48 AM

2008 Aspen, 1970 Corvette, 2000 Corvette and 2009 Legacy Limited
LET'S GO TO THE VARSITY! mmmmmm.... burgers... hehe hee
Old 02-15-2006, 12:36 PM

Clk Black Series
i live in chateau elan and i think that is kinda far for people from like kennesaw to be driving even though it does have plenty of space. chops is nice but i dont know about parking if the numbers get big, i guess we could park in the parking lot of the shopping center across the street. LET'S GO TO DAVE AND BUSTERS IN ALPHARETTA. Nice big parking lot and can get something to eat and play some games
Old 02-15-2006, 12:40 PM
ON PROBATION

I'll try to make the next one, guys. I'll be watching for its announcement.....
Old 02-15-2006, 01:03 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Things are moving along quickly! Thanks to some fellow MBWorld members, we are in the process of investigating several area restaurants. We'll find a spot that will suit us, I'm sure.

At this point, we are looking at one of two dates: Saturday, March 18th or the 25th. The final selection will be based on what facility can meet our needs. The idea is to meet around 5pm for drinks and a chance to all meet each other. If the private room has A/V capacity, we can show some videos and pictures of prior events.

Remember, our aim in this case is to do a more "upscale" meet than a typical GTG, otherwise we could just meet at Sonic like the VeeDubz do! Who knows....maybe we'll end up there.

Andretti (indoor superkart racing) is open late on Saturday evenings.....we could always to there afterward to lay our driving skills on the table.

ALL MBWorld members are welcome!
Old 02-15-2006, 06:21 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by Chappy
Andretti (indoor superkart racing) is open late on Saturday evenings.....we could always to there afterward to lay our driving skills on the table.
Hmm, ****tails + karts = mad skillz on display
Old 02-15-2006, 07:56 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
00 MB ML55, 91 Toyota Supra Turbo(sold), 06 E500(gone), 03 BMW M3
Things are moving along quickly! Thanks to some fellow MBWorld members, we are in the process of investigating several area restaurants. We'll find a spot that will suit us, I'm sure.

At this point, we are looking at one of two dates: Saturday, March 18th or the 25th. The final selection will be based on what facility can meet our needs. The idea is to meet around 5pm for drinks and a chance to all meet each other. If the private room has A/V capacity, we can show some videos and pictures of prior events.

Remember, our aim in this case is to do a more "upscale" meet than a typical GTG, otherwise we could just meet at Sonic like the VeeDubz do! Who knows....maybe we'll end up there.

our last GTG up here was a late holiday party for us... we had a meet and greet in a parking lot... went to racingamerica.com and then went to an applebees and ate dinner... while the goal was an upscale event, we had a lot more cars join us then we origionally planned for... Something I would recomend is that if you pick something more upscale set the menu ahead of time so you can let everyone know what it will cost and for A/V... someone bring a laptop and play the DVD off of there... amongst other clips, and start planning your drive up north in August!!!
Old 02-16-2006, 06:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Things should fall into place nicely once we've secured our location.
Old 02-16-2006, 03:01 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
300ce
Things should fall into place nicely once we've secured our location.

.............as far as location is concerned, if it has not been decided already, consider "Shout" in midtown. It is a nice trendy restaurant/bar and they have a circular drive way. It will be cool to see all those AMG's lined up in the drive way. Another location with an even bigger and circular drive way which is even trendier is "Bluepoint" restaurant across from Phips plaza. Another Location is the Lobster Bar that has a big circular driveway that can accomodate a lot of cars. If the Lobster bar is on the list, let me know, I know the guy that runs it and I can probably help.

Ted
Old 02-16-2006, 03:17 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

AMG
Originally Posted by Ted Baldwin
.............as far as location is concerned, if it has not been decided already, consider "Shout" in midtown. It is a nice trendy restaurant/bar and they have a circular drive way. It will be cool to see all those AMG's lined up in the drive way. Another location with an even bigger and circular drive way which is even trendier is "Bluepoint" restaurant across from Phips plaza. Another Location is the Lobster Bar that has a big circular driveway that can accomodate a lot of cars. If the Lobster bar is on the list, let me know, I know the guy that runs it and I can probably help.

Ted
Hi Ted,

We are still in the early stages....but finding some obstacles like a $2,000 to $3,000 food and beverage guarantee for a private room. Not too bad, but Mrs. Chappy would not like it if I got a lot of "promises" then only 5 of us showed up....AMEX would love me though.

Bluepointe is a great restaurant and the type of place (like Ruth's Chris) that I had in mind. I have eaten in their private room and would be a nice place to meet. Ted, would you check into the Lobster Bar to see if we could secure a private room (with audio/visual access)?

I want this GTG to fly!

Last edited by Chappy; 02-16-2006 at 04:37 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 07:51 PM

2007 Porsche 997 GT3

Even though I live in Columbia, SC I had already planned on going to Andretti Karting this Saturday the 18th evening just for the heck of it. Ironic that you would consider a GTG that same place and day! Anyway you can count me and my SL55 in on that night.

regards,

Dan
Old 02-16-2006, 08:22 PM

2005 E55 AMG
Originally Posted by docdan
Even though I live in Columbia, SC I had already planned on going to Andretti Karting this Saturday the 18th evening just for the heck of it. Ironic that you would consider a GTG that same place and day! Anyway you can count me and my SL55 in on that night.

regards,

Dan
An appearance this Saturday (2/18), and you'll be at least a month early . . . the dates we're considering are March 18th /25th, etc. Regardless, enjoy, but keep the March dates open, as well!
Old 02-17-2006, 06:40 PM

2007 Porsche 997 GT3
Originally Posted by Beowulf
An appearance this Saturday (2/18), and you'll be at least a month early . . . the dates we're considering are March 18th /25th, etc. Regardless, enjoy, but keep the March dates open, as well!
Oops! LOL....I guess I'll be flossing my ride all by myself this Saturday. At least I'll be able to give you the scouting report on Andretti's. Thanks for the heads up.
Old 02-17-2006, 06:55 PM

SLK32
I am most likely in right now those dates appear to work.

Although I vote against Blue Pointe. Have not eaten in their private dining room but have been rather disappointed in service, quality, and atmosphere when I have been there.
Old 02-17-2006, 09:29 PM

Clk Black Series
i really hope we can get the date of the 25th, b/c the year one tour and car show will be on the 18th. here is the info.

http://gscf.proboards76.com/index.cg...ead=1137634205
Old 02-17-2006, 10:27 PM

06 SLK55 AMG Firemist/Blk
I should be in and will be monitoring this thread for more details.
Old 02-17-2006, 11:29 PM

I will try to be there. It sounds like a great time!
Old 02-19-2006, 09:35 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
SL65, E55T, Pending S65
The Lobster Bar has a private room but it will only hold about 20. We could do something like rent out the club there as well......
Old 02-20-2006, 10:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1983 240D, 1989 300E
Count me in. But if it is on March 25th the earlier the better would be good for me. I have a office black tie ****tail at the aquarium. But I plan on attending both events if they fall on the same day.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: A GTG with a Twist? MBWorld Dinner #1