Events & Gatherings Use this forum to discuss upcoming Mercedes-Benz events and gatherings.

Check the Forum Calendar for Event dates.
View Poll Results: Which 2 Day Event would you pay to attend?
Friday June 1st & Sat. June 2nd-Dragstrip & Meet
33.33%
Sat. June 2nd & Sun. June 3rd -Autocross/Road Course & Meet
72.22%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

SoCal, NoCal, AZ, NV 2 Day Event Poll

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 06:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
08 E63
SoCal, NoCal, AZ, NV 2 Day Event Poll

The AMG Private Lounge members on the East pulled off a successful 2 day event last year which included drag racing, dyno runs, tech session with AMG/MB employees and AMG had the SLK Black series on hand. I was inspired by Chappy & Beowulf and received some guidance on how to pursue something on the West. I did some leg work into the cost and location of doing a 2 day event in CA and to see if we could also get some cars (not to drive) for show and AMG personnel for a Q&A/Tech Session and the answer was yes. This event would not be a free event and some owners are going to absorb the initial cost to make this happen so please be sincere when you reply...

Dates would be June 1st/June 2nd if we did a drag strip event or June 2nd & June 3rd if we did a 1.3-1.5 Autocross/Road Course event. Cost for the drag event would be no more than $200 and that is if only about 50 people are interested cost of the AutoCross/Road Course would be around $300 with 50 people. Cost would be reduced if more than 50 people attend the event. The track autocross/road course or the drag strip day would be setup, so everyone, regardless of the type of MB you drive, would have fun.

General idea is day one would be the track event and then day two would be the "Meet" day with the addition of some nice AMG cars, awards lunch & drinks(no host bar) and Q&A/Tech Session with folks from MBUSA/AMG. This would only be open to MB owners and mostly likely an early registration for AMG PL and MBCA members.

What is the general feedback for this type of event? Would people drive from NoCal, AZ and NV? Is the cost reasonable/acceptable for a two day event? The event would be in Orange County except the dragstrip would be about an hours drive from Irvine. If enough people want to come from out of town we can also try to negotiate hotel rates...Also so that none of the owners who are willing to help make this happen from a financial standpoint are left holding the bag we would require pre-registration and payment about a month or so before the event.
Old 03-29-2007, 08:59 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'01 E55
I'd rather see what my car could do on a dragstrip but there's little chance I could make it on a Friday. I'm sure this is the same for most people.

Sounds like a fantastic event either way!!
Old 03-29-2007, 11:00 PM

C63 / ////AMG
A Sat & Sun event will be best whether it be drag stip or autocross with tech session!
Old 04-03-2007, 12:56 PM

a Black
I would love to come, but 3rd baby is due the next week! Urgh! Keep me in mind for a fall event!
Old 04-03-2007, 01:20 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
2007 CLS63 030
Originally Posted by beemaze
A Sat & Sun event will be best whether it be drag stip or autocross with tech session!

Cant we do a Drag and road course :-) pleeeeeeeeeease... I wannna race 1/4 mile , so dam bad.. Road course with a 1/4 mile track on the side sweeeeeeeeeeeeet baby jeeeeeus and no more Parhump LOL
Old 04-03-2007, 03:57 PM

08 E63
what up juicee55.....only 4 star or better for you!!! Hey is that a picture from you stay in parump
Old 04-04-2007, 09:39 AM
Almost a Member!

CLK 63 AMG
Shelle,

Don't know if you already have a place scheduled for the 2nd day meet, but here is a spot to consider. Just off the 5 fwy @ La Paz there is a Holiday Inn. It has a huge parking lot that is usually empty (except for meeting and gatherings of course). They also have meeting rooms as well as bar & restaurant.

Anyway just a thought.

Kristi
Old 04-04-2007, 10:34 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
'01 E55
Originally Posted by 63 amg
Shelle,

Don't know if you already have a place scheduled for the 2nd day meet, but here is a spot to consider. Just off the 5 fwy @ La Paz there is a Holiday Inn. It has a huge parking lot that is usually empty (except for meeting and gatherings of course). They also have meeting rooms as well as bar & restaurant.

Anyway just a thought.

Kristi
I know that place. That parking lot isn't near big enough for an event like this. This is something in need of a stadium parking lot.
Old 04-05-2007, 01:49 AM

2013 CLS63 2004 S55
I really prefer Drag but picked Sat/Sun b/c of work

How many voting for AutoX or just sat/sun?