G55 AMG (W463) Discuss the G55 AMG.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spacers & Bumper&front guard

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-05-2011, 01:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RangeRover Autobiography, F599 GTB, GMC Yukon Denali, SL 500, Bentley Azure (Mulliner), GL 500, G55
Spacers & Bumper&front guard

Im thinking off fixing up spacers for my G55.
Is it advised?
And where in dubai can i get them installed.

Also i informed Gargash to remove the front guard which comes with the G55.
I personally dont like the look.
I was told by them that i will have to buy another bumper cause the guard comes attached with the existing bumper.
Any truth in this.... or they are trying to make some money out off me.
Old 04-05-2011, 05:04 PM
PCH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 G55, Challenge Stradale, 997.1 GT3, E63 Wagon
The brush guard is affixed with mounting hardware and can be removed without replacing the bumper. After removal you can fill the holes with rubber plugs or have a body shop fill the holes and respray the bumper.
Old 04-06-2011, 02:45 AM

RangeRover Autobiography, F599 GTB, GMC Yukon Denali, SL 500, Bentley Azure (Mulliner), GL 500, G55
Thanks PCH.... will do that then.

Any thoughts on spacers?
Old 04-06-2011, 11:41 AM
PCH

I have no personal experience using spacers on a G and would not recommend them. IIRC member jimmyg may have so you may want to contact him.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:17 AM

2011 G55
Originally Posted by PCH
I have no personal experience using spacers on a G and would not recommend them. IIRC member jimmyg may have so you may want to contact him.
"No personal experience" and "would not recommend" them don't tango.

Member Al-Roumi who also has and recommends them (30mm H&R spacers). They are certified and in my opinion, enhance the car's presence. I ordered them but they are not installed yet.
Old 04-09-2011, 07:41 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G55 & SLK55
I've got the H&R spacers installed, well worth it and makes the car look better as its now with the fender flares and not hidden like the factory setup.
Old 04-09-2011, 11:13 AM
PCH

Originally Posted by hovyamg
"No personal experience" and "would not recommend" them don't tango.

Member Al-Roumi who also has and recommends them (30mm H&R spacers). They are certified and in my opinion, enhance the car's presence. I ordered them but they are not installed yet.
hovyamg, Tango this... Unlike many on the Internet I don't regurgitate false, unqualified, unconfirmed or misleading information. As mentioned, since I have no personal experience on this subject, I would not and or cannot recommend them.

For those concerned with function over aesthetics you may want to contact jimmyg or read his response to member CMW in Visitor Messages on this subject.
Old 04-09-2011, 12:40 PM

2011 G55
Originally Posted by PCH
hovyamg, Tango this... Unlike many on the Internet I don't regurgitate false, unqualified, unconfirmed or misleading information. As mentioned, since I have no personal experience on this subject, I would not and or cannot recommend them.

For those concerned with function over aesthetics you may want to contact jimmyg or read his response to member CMW in Visitor Messages on this subject.
Okkkayy, my analogy to tango was meant to be a pleasant one not that you don't know you're talking about.

ps: where do i see the visitor message? (edit: never mind, saw it on jimmyg's profile, god to know about the stress on steering wheel).
|

Last edited by Behike; 04-09-2011 at 12:55 PM.
Old 04-10-2011, 01:12 PM
PCH

H&R has been manufacturing quality auto parts for over 40 years and has German TUV approval so that in itself says quite a lot. However, I find it odd that they only offer one size wheel spacer for the entire 463 range. Hard to believe but MB did actually change a few things to the G's chassis and dims such as (wheel size/offset, track, brake type/size, turning circle) over the past 21 years all of which would determine the applicable size of spacer. With that in mind, a one size fits all approach doesn't appear correct. Maybe I'm missing something? Based on jimmyg's comments, 'it sounds' as if 30 mm spacers may be too large for his G.
Old 04-10-2011, 10:26 PM

2011 G55
I would consider the spacers only for looks but now that I know about the steering wheel stress and other potential problems, I rather not install them.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
E350, W140 S, C63, G55, 420SEL, Prius, Dune Buggy, Ducati
I had to use wheel adapters from Brabus to install their Monoblock E style wheels. I'd say they are cmparable in size to the spacers being discussed here. I didn't have any issues with them. I'd also dare to state, since Brabus is comfortable using the spacers/adapters on their wheels/trucks, it can be considered a "safe" setup.

Regards.

----------------------
FS: G55 Wheels and Tires https://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-ti...th-jersey.html
Old 04-12-2011, 07:27 PM
PCH

Originally Posted by sprfrkr
I had to use wheel adapters from Brabus to install their Monoblock E style wheels. I'd say they are cmparable in size to the spacers being discussed here. I didn't have any issues with them. I'd also dare to state, since Brabus is comfortable using the spacers/adapters on their wheels/trucks, it can be considered a "safe" setup.

Regards.

----------------------
FS: G55 Wheels and Tires https://mbworld.org/forums/wheels-ti...th-jersey.html
What does, 'comparable in size' mean? Don't forget were discussing millimeters and not inches. Don't mean to be rude but w/o the facts making these or any comparisons is worthless. Also, understand in your case, the spacer size that Brabus recommends is specifically designed for their Monoblock E wheel offset for use on the 463 series G. In other words, you're attempting to compare apples to oranges.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:20 PM

Originally Posted by PCH
What does, 'comparable in size' mean? Don't forget were discussing millimeters and not inches. Don't mean to be rude but w/o the facts making these or any comparisons is worthless. Also, understand in your case, the spacer size that Brabus recommends is specifically designed for their Monoblock E wheel offset for use on the 463 series G. In other words, you're attempting to compare apples to oranges.
"Comparable in size" means the adpaters from Brabus are 35mm and the HRE spacers are 30mm = apples to apples.
Old 04-14-2011, 12:19 PM
PCH

"Comparable in size" means the adpaters from Brabus are 35mm and the HRE spacers are 30mm = apples to apples.
Really? Would appreciate wheel particulars. Size, F&R and ET/offset F&R.
Old 04-14-2011, 02:22 PM

Originally Posted by PCH
Really? Would appreciate wheel particulars. Size, F&R and ET/offset F&R.
Easy killer. You obviously have spent a lot more time researching this issue and posting/reposting/editing. I don't have that time and will have to defer to you on this one.

To the OP, I've used larger spacers/adapters than what you are looking at with the HREs with 22" wheels and have not had any issues whatsoever. I drive hard too.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:59 PM
PCH

To the OP, I've used larger spacers/adapters than what you are looking at with the HREs with 22" wheels and have not had any issues whatsoever. I drive hard too.
Spacer size alone is not relevant without knowing all the particulars especially the offset of the wheel in question. Our discussion was pertaining to MB OEM 9.5Jx19" AMG wheels with an ET or offset of 50, F&R and the use of H&R 30 mm spacers for the G55. Your setup, the 21" Brabus Monoblock E wheel which was not designed for the G-Class and then modified with adapters to correct bolt pattern and offset is certainly not a worthy comparison.