Just Got my New G63, question on power windows

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-28-2013, 04:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C63
Just Got my New G63, question on power windows

Hi, guys
I am glad I finally got my G63 today. Im enjoying it. How, there are two things. First, I would like to ask the G63 owners, to pull up your window, is that if you pull the button all the way up then the window will go all the way to the top automatically (without keeping holding on the button), because mine, I have to hold the button to pull the window all the way up, since my C63 amg you just pull the button hard then it goes up to the top itself. So, is that my G63 has something wrong with the power window??

Second, once i stop at a light for a while, then i give on gas to go, it has a noise from under the car i believe, it sounds like "cli-tch", a noise from transmission or the clutch, does anyone else have the problem??

and, thanks for the one with answers. I will share more experience when i drive longer..... like it so far !!!
Old 04-28-2013, 04:58 AM

2013 G 63 AMG
The window behavior is normal for the G-Class...it's always been like that since they added power windows, don't ask me why.

Are you sure the noise you're hearing isn't from the engine start-stop function?
Old 04-28-2013, 02:55 PM

C63
Originally Posted by jimmyg
The window behavior is normal for the G-Class...it's always been like that since they added power windows, don't ask me why.

Are you sure the noise you're hearing isn't from the engine start-stop function?
Thanks for replying. So, the windows, if you want to close them, you have to hold the button continuously until they are fully closed? thats so not convenient especially when driving , and since the steel wheel is quite heavy.

Yeah, im sure its not. cause i closed the ECO button, and tested sometimes. However, the sound only came out once a while. Maybe, i need to drive more to see if this noise is because of my car is so new.

thanks again
Old 04-28-2013, 07:42 PM

wheels
Originally Posted by jeffrey7guo
Thanks for replying. So, the windows, if you want to close them, you have to hold the button continuously until they are fully closed? thats so not convenient especially when driving , and since the steel wheel is quite heavy.

Yeah, im sure its not. cause i closed the ECO button, and tested sometimes. However, the sound only came out once a while. Maybe, i need to drive more to see if this noise is because of my car is so new.

thanks again
Yes, this is correct.

I talked with a Mercedes product engineer who knows "everything" about the G and he said they didn't want to redo the internals of the door to put in the pinch sensors that are needed for auto up functionality. It's the same reason there is no Keyless Go on these trucks.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:09 PM

C63
Originally Posted by sinistersurge
Yes, this is correct.

I talked with a Mercedes product engineer who knows "everything" about the G and he said they didn't want to redo the internals of the door to put in the pinch sensors that are needed for auto up functionality. It's the same reason there is no Keyless Go on these trucks.
I see, but its just not convenient, however, it can auto down. and The steering wheel is heaver than my C63, take time to be used to that. However, I am more and more enjoying it now.
Old 04-29-2013, 04:44 PM

wheels
I see, but its just not convenient, however, it can auto down. and The steering wheel is heaver than my C63, take time to be used to that. However, I am more and more enjoying it now.
It wasn't designed to be convenient

Believe me, I wish it had auto up and Keyless Go too. Now the "hardcore" guys will probably chime in and talk about how it is already far too luxurious.
Old 04-30-2013, 07:05 PM

2013 G63, 2015 S500, 2016 C63 coupe
auto would be nice, but keyless go nah... gotta change the key battery every 6months or so..
Old 05-01-2013, 11:49 AM
PCH

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
'10 G55, Challenge Stradale, 997.1 GT3, E63 Wagon
I The steering wheel is heaver than my C63, take time to be used to that.
Don't attempt to compare your C63 or for that matter any other vehicle to the G.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:41 PM

C63
Originally Posted by sinistersurge
Yes, this is correct.

Hey, another issue i had is that the steering wheel is quite heavy to make turns especially U turn. Is that all Gs have a heavy steering wheel, and can i go to dealer and ask them to adjust the steering wheel to make it softer or lighter when i make turns??

thanks guys
Old 05-09-2013, 03:42 PM

C63
Hey, another issue i had is that the steering wheel is quite heavy to make turns especially U turn. Is that all Gs have a heavy steering wheel, and can i go to dealer and ask them to adjust the steering wheel to make it softer or lighter when i make turns??

thanks guys
Old 05-11-2013, 05:02 AM

2013 G 63 AMG
The steering wheel is supposed to be heavy on an off-road vehicle, which is what your G63 is. There's no reasonable way to change that and you'll get used to it. Actually, it's not much harder to turn than my Aston Martin, but is harder than my wife's SL.

You'll appreciate all of these things when you take it off road and enjoy its immense capability.