G63 AMG (W464) Discuss the G63 AMG.

First time G63 owner, seeking advice

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-13-2023, 09:41 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Gl450
First time G63 owner, seeking advice

I have owned other MB vehicles and brands. Took us long time to get to owning this beast. Arrives in about a month.
we took all options with magno black etc…
wondering I’d need some protective film for front end . Also read that windshield is prone to cracking and there is no fix but replacement. Few folks swear by some screen protectors that has saved them from damages.
so if someone could advise me on these two and if any of these films and screen protectors are worth it or should I just enjoy it as is.
it will be driven very little and we plan to keep it for a long time.
also are there any good car covers that I could buy.
thanks
Old 07-16-2023, 01:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
G63
Originally Posted by ashishNJ
I have owned other MB vehicles and brands. Took us long time to get to owning this beast. Arrives in about a month.
wondering I’d need some protective film for front end . Also read that windshield is prone to cracking and there is no fix but replacement. Few folks swear by some screen protectors that has saved them from damages.
so if someone could advise me on these two and if any of these films and screen protectors are worth it or should I just enjoy it as is.
thanks
I think all matte cars need xpel. Can go xpel clear but on matte might as well go stealth. Don’t know about the windshield.
Old 07-20-2023, 10:15 AM

Received 15 Likes on 6 Posts
e63s
thanks
recommend you get the dealer warranty for windshield at the time of sale. For my e class sedan it was about 1500 dollars. I didnt take it but i hear you are way more likely to crack a windshield on a g wagon.

Old 01-01-2024, 10:39 AM
SLS

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts
1998 Land Cruiser, 2003 SL500, 2024 G63
We are purchasing a $2,118 Car Care policy from our dealership, Cavender Auto Group. This covers Windshield repair and replacement if the crack is longer than 6-inches for 84 months. Also includes dent & ding repair, interior/exterior repair and key replacement. Is this sufficient?
Old 01-31-2024, 11:28 AM
SLS

Our vehicle is now back from XPEL with a full matte wrap and full ceramic coating. Since you have to paint whole panels if you get a scratch and then it is difficult to match the paint to the other panels, we did full PPF. It is a 5% investment. We just did our first hand wash and it was super easy to wash and wipe down the XPEL. Also ceramic coated the wheel surfaces and this made it easy to wash off the brake dust.
Old 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM

Gl450
Hi

I decided to just do windshield exoshield.
most of the time my car is in the garage since we have two other cars. I figured if a dent has to happen, thin wraps won’t do much to protect.
Old 01-31-2024, 05:10 PM
SLS

Front Window Film or Insurance, Pro's and Con's?

I decided to just do windshield exoshield.
most of the time my car is in the garage since we have two other cars. I figured if a dent has to happen, thin wraps won’t do much to protect.
How is the exoshield on the outside of the window? Do the windshield wipers drag or is it smooth? Does the view look different?
We installed front window tint on the inside and ceramic coated the windshield on the outside. We're currently debating between taking out additional window replacement insurance vs. putting on an exterior film.
Old 01-31-2024, 07:31 PM

Gl450
Hello

It is a 4 mil protector. I can’t tell it is there unless you really see close to the edge of windshield. I had them apply ceramic coat during the install and no, wipers don’t drag.
My reason behind exoshield was to protect from small rocks …
Old 02-17-2024, 06:52 PM
SLS

DIY kit not on website

It is a 4 mil protector. I can’t tell it is there unless you really see close to the edge of windshield. I had them apply ceramic coat during the install and no, wipers don’t drag.
My reason behind exoshield was to protect from small rocks …
I see they have the Bronco and Jeep windshield kits online, but not one for the G63. I just spent a mint on full PPF, so I'm thinking I could do the windshield myself. Currently doing PPF of the interior with an XPEL DIY kit.
Old 02-18-2024, 01:39 PM

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts
2021 G63; 2018 Aston Martin DB11
Clearplex is best for G windshield. Have it on all Gs. No streaks or scuffs. Smooth as glass.
Local tint installer shoud have it or you order it from here...
https://targegard.com/product/5497/
Old 02-19-2024, 09:47 AM
SLS

Originally Posted by dcarrer0
Clearplex is best for G windshield. Have it on all Gs. No streaks or scuffs. Smooth as glass.
Local tint installer shoud have it or you order it from here...
https://targegard.com/product/5497/
Thank you!
Old 02-25-2024, 06:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w463a g400d, w213 e63, c190 amg gts ed1
exo sheield is "pet" film very good for daily vehicle. The "TPU" windshield is vulnerable to scratches.
Just be careful about spraying water on windows when you wash your car. Unlike other cars, there is no molding on the rim of the window, so if you make a mistake, the film will fall off.