Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

why my mb coupe may be better than my bmw

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-11-2002, 11:45 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
why my mb coupe may be better than my bmw

i just called my bmw dealer to schedule a service. they're about a couple miles away from my office. i asked if they have a drop-off/pick-up service. he said, "no. you have to drop off the car. we don't pick it up." what i had meant was, can I get dropped off and picked up (shuttle service)... but it got me thinking, a mb dealership nearby will pick up my car and drop off the loaner for me.

then, as i didn't want to confuse the issue (as i often do when i talk to service reps ), i just said, can i get a loaner car. he asked, "did you buy the car here?" yes... but again, that same mb dealership doesn't care if i bought the car there or not (and i hadn't).

i didn't want to ask if they wash the cars after...

i really think that the dealerships could collectively benefit their respective make's ownership experience and thus enhance their reputation. i know that these type of perks (indeed, perks, not requirements) vary from dealership to dealership.

just thought i'd share my experience. remember, i was only expecting a shuttle ride, not a loaner nor picking up the car for me...

(btw, as i was leaving work and walking towards my car w/ a friend of mine, we were discussing this and a woman who was nearby heard me describe the mb dealership, she said, "wow! now that's service!" it may not be the prevalent practice but i think it is impressive.)

Last edited by young; 06-12-2002 at 12:17 AM.
Old 06-12-2002, 12:10 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 BMW Z3 2.3 Roadster (hardtop current ly attached)
I have you one better...

The MB dealer in Lincoln doesn't have the Truck franchise (ML/G) but MB or Omaha does.

so..... my mom bought her '02 ML320 in Omaha, a bout 140 miles round trip.

MB has sent a driver to lincoln 5 times to drop off a loaner and take her car in for service (long story)... totalling some 1400 miles... and the car always comes back full of gas and SPOTLESS....

I WISH that the BMW dealers were that good. I have never had a problem with a loaner or a drop-off, but they don't VOLUNTEER the service... you have to ask for it.

kudos to MBusa... it becomes especially entertaining when you consider that there are only 2 MB dealers in the whole state.. they don't have to be nice to anyone... they ARE the only deal in town! (3 BMW dealers in NE)
Old 06-12-2002, 04:15 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
The BMW dealers in my area are terrible. They just have an overall messy appearence. The salesmen at the BMW dealerships near me are the opitomy of a sleezy used car salesmen, except they are selling BMW's, not used cars. Well, I guess I am not surprised, since they are selling BMW's.

You know how some people say "People look like their dogs"... well car dealerships look like the cars they sell.

My MB dealership is very professional, and will go out of there way to make you happy.
Old 06-12-2002, 06:19 AM

c230 coupe
you all are lucky :)

i wish i was having the same luck at my dealership....maybe i should just move the US and buy my benz there.
Old 06-12-2002, 06:43 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 BMW M6, 2008 Ducati 1098, 2008 Ducati Monster S2R1000, 1971 Ducati Scrambler
It would be cheaper .
Old 06-12-2002, 08:33 AM

Re: you all are lucky :)

Originally posted by silentrage
i wish i was having the same luck at my dealership....maybe i should just move the US and buy my benz there.
What dealer in Canada is giving you problems ?
Old 06-12-2002, 03:31 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Fast Cars!
Originally posted by Accord
The BMW dealers in my area are terrible. They just have an overall messy appearence. The salesmen at the BMW dealerships near me are the opitomy of a sleezy used car salesmen, except they are selling BMW's, not used cars. Well, I guess I am not surprised, since they are selling BMW's.

You know how some people say "People look like their dogs"... well car dealerships look like the cars they sell.

My MB dealership is very professional, and will go out of there way to make you happy.
what dealer do u go to?
i got my c230 at Mercedes Benz Of Ft. Lauderdale and i really like it there. My parents always got there MB at Autohaus it is a very nice dealer very big to. but somehow the prices they gave me were alot more than Ft. lauderdale for a better car with more options, and i always had problems when i brought my car to Autohaus for service. Once they told me to pick up the car they said it was all ready. i went there and they did not even touch what i brought it in for. i still go there though.
i know what u mean by the BMW dealers i went to Vista BMW and lauderdale imports and they were terrible very unprofessinal looking. and the salesmen were just anoying.
Old 06-12-2002, 03:35 PM

M3
Re: why my mb coupe may be better than my bmw

Originally posted by young
i just called my bmw dealer to schedule a service. they're about a couple miles away from my office. i asked if they have a drop-off/pick-up service. he said, "no. you have to drop off the car. we don't pick it up." what i had meant was, can I get dropped off and picked up (shuttle service)... but it got me thinking, a mb dealership nearby will pick up my car and drop off the loaner for me.

then, as i didn't want to confuse the issue (as i often do when i talk to service reps ), i just said, can i get a loaner car. he asked, "did you buy the car here?" yes... but again, that same mb dealership doesn't care if i bought the car there or not (and i hadn't).

i didn't want to ask if they wash the cars after...

i really think that the dealerships could collectively benefit their respective make's ownership experience and thus enhance their reputation. i know that these type of perks (indeed, perks, not requirements) vary from dealership to dealership.

just thought i'd share my experience. remember, i was only expecting a shuttle ride, not a loaner nor picking up the car for me...

(btw, as i was leaving work and walking towards my car w/ a friend of mine, we were discussing this and a woman who was nearby heard me describe the mb dealership, she said, "wow! now that's service!" it may not be the prevalent practice but i think it is impressive.)
But BMW service is FREE!!! On the other hand, you have to PAY for Mercedes Service.

I'd rather drop my car off and get FREE SERVICE, instead of them picking up my car and PAYING for the SERVICE.

Plus, Mercedes sends a car jockey to pick up your car. Then he takes it for a joy ride etc. etc. Has sex in the back seat, then jizzes all over the car, and then does burn outs etc. etc.

I'd rather drop my car off at the dealership where theres LESS chance of it happening.
Old 06-12-2002, 03:38 PM

M3
It would be cheaper .
You may be the moderator, but you're dead wrong.

Base price for the Canadian C230K is $33,995 CDN. = $22,075 US.

Plus, our options are cheaper here as well. Cheers!
Old 06-12-2002, 03:54 PM

A 2-Seater Roaster & A 4-Door AMG & 2008 S550
Re: Re: why my mb coupe may be better than my bmw

Originally posted by KJ-TypeR
[B]

But BMW service is FREE!!! On the other hand, you have to PAY for Mercedes Service.

I'd rather drop my car off and get FREE SERVICE, instead of them picking up my car and PAYING for the SERVICE.

Plus, Mercedes sends a car jockey to pick up your car. Then he takes it for a joy ride etc. etc. Has sex in the back seat, then jizzes all over the car, and then does burn outs etc. etc.
Mercedes DO have FREE Scheduled maintance service.

2ndly, Mercedes is much more courteous and not STINKGY about giving their customer another Mercedes as a loaner.

When I got my CLK, they even send the technician to my house to install the 6 disk CD changer. Saved me a long trip to dealer and a day of waitting.
Old 06-12-2002, 03:56 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Re: Re: why my mb coupe may be better than my bmw

Ha. God man u really went all out on that one tellin us what u think they do.

maybe your just talking how good the BMW service really is since your gettin an M3

wait till u have it then tell us if u like it or not.
Old 06-12-2002, 04:02 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by BlackC230Coupe
what dealer do u go to?
i got my c230 at Mercedes Benz Of Ft. Lauderdale and i really like it there. My parents always got there MB at Autohaus it is a very nice dealer very big to. but somehow the prices they gave me were alot more than Ft. lauderdale for a better car with more options, and i always had problems when i brought my car to Autohaus for service. Once they told me to pick up the car they said it was all ready. i went there and they did not even touch what i brought it in for. i still go there though.
i know what u mean by the BMW dealers i went to Vista BMW and lauderdale imports and they were terrible very unprofessinal looking. and the salesmen were just anoying.
We deal exclusively with the Pompano Autohaus, fantastic dealership.

If you have had problems when you brought the car in, talk to the Service Manager, he is very helpful and will resolve whatever the problem was.

Vista BMW is the BMW dealership I was talking about. The nasty tile floors in the dealership were extremely dirty, the entire place was just run down, not one of the salesmen had a suit on, they all wore shorts and t-shirts, and the way they carried themselves was very unprofessional. One of the salesmen said to me as soon as I walked in... "Want to trade your crap mercedes in for a ultimate driving maching M5?" Can you get anymore unprofessional then that. Bear in mind, I was driving the S600 that day.

You know how when you goto Home Deport, Lowes, or another one of those stores, and you have a question about something or need to know where something is. Well most likely you will get some punk kid to help you, who has no idea what they are talking about, yet they think they're right - I got the same vibe at the BMW dealership.
Old 06-12-2002, 04:03 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Re: Re: Re: why my mb coupe may be better than my bmw

Originally posted by LAMAY123

Mercedes DO have FREE Scheduled maintance service.

2ndly, Mercedes is much more courteous and not STINKGY about giving their customer another Mercedes as a loaner.

When I got my CLK, they even send the technician to my house to install the 6 disk CD changer. Saved me a long trip to dealer and a day of waitting.
well i unfortinitly dont get an MB loner since my dealers both have car rentals one has Alamo and the other has Enterprise. they usually give me a chevy caviler but i always have to upgrade it to something as they once called there luxury rental a PONTIAC GRAND PRIX lol the caviler would have probally been better.
Old 06-12-2002, 04:11 PM

Re: Re: Re: Re: why my mb coupe may be better than my bmw

Originally posted by BlackC230Coupe

well i unfortinitly dont get an MB loner since my dealers both have car rentals one has Alamo and the other has Enterprise. they usually give me a chevy caviler but i always have to upgrade it to something as they once called there luxury rental a PONTIAC GRAND PRIX lol the caviler would have probally been better.
Well.....again, it depends on which dealer you go to.....All the dealers in So. Cal give Mercedes loaner cars......

Don't you wish there's something that MB owners can do to make all dealers in America to have the same customer courtesy.....
Old 06-12-2002, 04:22 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
"Want to trade your crap mercedes in for a ultimate driving maching M5?"
Oh my god thats crazy, i cant belive he would say that to u walking in does he actually think that would wanna make u buy a car from him? i know what u mean about that floor there and the dealer it just looks filthy.
i actually forgot to say when i once brought my car in to MB of Ft. Lauderdale i got my car back and i remember i had $35.00, about 9 quaters, and tic taks all in my center console and they were all gone when i got my car back. i was very suprised that would happen. now when i go there i always empty my car. i spoke to the service manager there and all he said was i am very sorry but there is nothing we can do to stop that. and thats it. i actually remember talking to a service manager at autohaus and he was very nice and helpful. I always used Marty Depu I dont think thats how u spell the last name but anyway he was always very nice to. i was just at autohaus about a week ago looking at a Clk55 for my mom and we were walking in there back u know behind the showroom that big area where they keep all the cars. and i never realized how many cars they really had in stock there. not to mention the ones on the lot. I also saw the owners cars. i believe they were his. he had a S55 AMG, G500, Clk55 Cabrio, Dodge Viper, and older corvette, and he might have had a s600 also. but once u walk around there it amazing its a very nice dealer. makes u want all the cars though :p
Old 06-12-2002, 04:48 PM

M3
Mercedes only offer the FIRST scheduled maintanence for free.

If you got ALL of them free, you lucked out. That doesn't mean that EVERYONE lucks out like you did though.
Old 06-12-2002, 04:56 PM

Red face You've been had.

I don't about the rest of the people but i know my scheduled maintence is free up till 50k miles... Maybe you have a older mercedes or something that at that time only gave you the first maintenance for free... What do you drive..?

Will
C32 Silver/Charcoal
Command,xenon, washers
Old 06-12-2002, 04:58 PM

Mercedes only offer the FIRST scheduled maintanence for free.
Do you own a Mercedes or a TV? .....all the commercial said "free schedule maintance for frist 3 years or 50k miles..........."
Old 06-12-2002, 04:59 PM

Re: You've been had.

Originally posted by Rx7tt
I don't about the rest of the people but i know my scheduled maintence is free up till 50k miles... Maybe you have a older mercedes or something that at that time only gave you the first maintenance for free... What do you drive..?

Will
C32 Silver/Charcoal
Command,xenon, washers

EXACTLY.......Rx7tt, you are my best friend now!
Old 06-12-2002, 05:05 PM
Former Vendor of MBWorld

Fast Cars!
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: why my mb coupe may be better than my bmw

Don't you wish there's something that MB owners can do to make all dealers in America to have the same customer courtesy.....
yes i would love that. to bad it wont happen.
Old 06-12-2002, 07:16 PM

c230 coupe
Re: Re: you all are lucky :)

Originally posted by viper

What dealer in Canada is giving you problems ?

i bought my car from lone star mercedes in calgary. i heard they are great dealership but yesterday was very dissapointing.
Old 06-12-2002, 07:22 PM

2002 C 230K
We have one MB dealer in Scottsdale. For one thing, they treated me like I was buying an SL500 when I bought my 230 K. Since I have the car I have brought it in 3 times for minor stuff. I got a MB loaner each time, all pretty new, low mileage cars. My car comes back spotless inside and washed. They are the best; courteous, and they practically jump through hoops to satisfy the customer. The dealer is Schumacher European. On the other hand, when I first went car shopping, I went to Camelback BMW, where I KNEW somebody, and was treated like a second class citizen because I wasn't looking at the 740 il, (and the dealership looked tacky). I walked right out, went to MB and bought my car there. And scheduled maintenance IS free for the first 3yrs/50,000 miles.
Old 06-12-2002, 07:33 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GLB 250 4matic
Do you own a Mercedes or a TV? .....all the commercial said "free schedule maintance for frist 3 years or 50k miles..........."
if i remember correctly, kj is from canada and they don't get service included - which sucks. i guess he doesn't know that in the US, service is included for 4 years/50k miles. bmw's is 3 years/36k miles. as both manufacturers recommend services at every 10k or so, that roughly equals 5 and 3 trips respectively.

Last edited by young; 06-12-2002 at 07:37 PM.
Old 06-12-2002, 09:22 PM
Almost a Member!

rollin in a 99 rolla ve (Very expensive)
i have to chime in here after 3 bimmers and super whack service ... at TICHER Break My Wallet (bmw) we switched over to an slk230k from euro motors.. the salesperson was a little wack... but the service is nice i like the fact that they give you a benz... loaner

but at bmw these guys bring 750s in and they get a freakin hyundai elantra? what are they smokin?

althought i love the way a bimmer looks i will only buy it used from now on after 36k is over so thaty i never have to see the stoopid dealer... yeah i know thats stoopid thats how bad the service ... (sorry had to veny

if you want real awesome service i have heard lexus it top notch.. .but their cars are just so bland (at least most of em) no snob appeal and ima snob
Old 06-12-2002, 09:38 PM

Talking Top notch service

Infiniti provides top notch service too... can't be beat...just my 2 cents...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: why my mb coupe may be better than my bmw