Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

what's wrong with evosport & Eurotek?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 02:25 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
C32
Angry what's wrong with evosport & Eurotek?

ok.. I am from Hong Kong and I own a C32, sicne the warranty period is gonna be ended in a short time, I started sourcing some basic parts for my car last couple weeks. I had great experience with mike@purems, david@eurocodetuning, adam@ecstuning..etc. I ordered tons of parts from them before when I had an M3 and A4, those guys were so nice, and I have never had any complain.

The first stop, mike@purems, I ordered two spacers from him, deal went smooth as always.

Then, I contacted michael@evosport for the SL55intake kit, first of all, I sent him an e-mail to ask him what does this kit include, he replied me that it comes with SL55 Splitter, Modification Kit, Green Filters, and Intake Hoses for $225. I requested the shipping rate for HK, he then sent me the quotation, I was so suprised when I looked over it, the shipping rate is US$122.78 by economy, and the kit itself went up to $283.46(USD$165.46+$118 for filters), so I asked him again to re-calculate the shipping cost and the reason why the price increased, but no reply since then!! well.. if you don't wanna deal with me, I will go to another place.

Hence, I went to another dealer called eurotek, I heard lots of members ordered the green filters from him, so I e-mailed him for a quote, his price was a bit over $300 for two filters due to the additional paper works, handling..etc, and he told me that the shipping alone costs over $150, beucase the box is over 2 feet long for these filters!!! huh.. I only know that the filter size is around 1.1x0.3 feet but didn't aware that the box is over 2 feet long, anyway, I tried to calculate the shipping cost according to the size he provided from ups website, and the price was only USD$98.4(by express). His final reply was that he doesn't even like to deal with international orders! oh..come on, I just need a couple of filters not a pulley kit or anything expensive, I have verified paypal account, and I am able to transfer money by bank, if you still do not accept, that's fine, you have right to do so but you should state it on your website, or tell me at once, instead of screw me off when I asked! If you guys want to do more business, be honest and provide better service like mike@purems does.
Old 05-06-2005, 08:12 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CL500
just curious, theres no place in hong kong to buy this stuff?
Old 05-06-2005, 11:28 AM
Banned

C32
Unhappy

yes, no where in HK, C32 parts are very limit here! otherwise, I wouldn't bother internet ordering.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:21 AM

All of them, as much as I can...
Buying overseas these days suck!

Unfortunately, due to the fuel prices going haywire, freight charges have gone through the roof! I used to buy a ton of parts from the UK for my English cars instead of from their California dealers because I saved quite a bit, being in New York. I just ordered a bunch of stuff weighing a total 71 kg. and about $1200; the quoted economy freight was almost $400!

I give up...stick to local sources???
Old 05-24-2005, 01:31 PM
MBWorld Founder

ones too fast according to CHP!
Jack,

I am looking at the estimate in our system that Mike prepared for you. I am not sure where you are getting your "facts" but they seem off base. ALL quotes generated by our system (.pdf) or e-mail are kept just for reasons like this.

The pricing did not change and the kit does not include Green Filters (those are extra).

I am happy to post all of this information for the forum to decide themselves if you would like.

I think that you have misunderstood something in the translation.

Further, we have a dealer for our goods in Hong Kong - Revozport. They have installed a few C32 kits for us there and do a great job.

As techbike has stated, shipping charges are on the rise. We cannot be blammed for UPS and FedEx raising their prices.

Thanks,
Brad
Old 05-24-2005, 01:39 PM
Premiere Sponsor

Jack,

I would also like to add that I responded to every email you sent regarding your request. I informed you from the beginning that the splitter kit did not include the Green filters, and provided you with the price to add them with your purchase. I find it hard to believe that you were suprised that we would be charging you for additional parts that you requested. As mentioned in previous emails, we do not control the cost of shipping.
Old 05-25-2005, 01:55 AM
Banned

C32
Angry

You must have missed this clause in the e-mails you posted from:

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE

Attention: This email is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential or privileged information. No one is authorized to copy or re-use this email or any information contained in it. If you are not the intended recipient, we request that you please notify us by reply email and destroy all copies of the message and any attachments. Thank you for your cooperation.

You have also posted the text in an incomplete manner and altered items to suit your "story"

You are now on probation in this forum for violation of TOU.

Last edited by otoupalik; 05-25-2005 at 04:17 PM. Reason: VIOLATION OF TOU....
Old 05-25-2005, 01:58 AM
Banned

C32
Thumbs down

techbike: shipping cost is very open at general public, you can calculate from ups, usps, fedex web site...etc. or you may call them up to have a quote before purchasing.
http://wwwapps.ups.com/calTimeCost?loc=en_US

http://www.usps.com/tools/calculatep...lculatepostage

What I can tell you, UK's couriers charge almost 2 times higher than US's couriers.

My company receive/send thousand samples and goods to/from US but never known that the price goes up that high recently

BTW, fedex and ups don't provide economy service for international shippment.

Last edited by jt316; 05-25-2005 at 06:41 AM.
Old 05-25-2005, 04:08 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

95 Audi urS6 Quattro
Owned.