Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

potential mercedes owner, need advice.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 02:42 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
potential mercedes owner, need advice.

Hey all
It is my first post on here, so hello!
My name is Mike and i am one of the next potential Mercedes E350 owners. This car will be my first car. This car is currently competeing with the Infiniti G35 and the Chrysler 300c, and the Cadillac CTS. I would, no matter what, be leasing.

Judging from these 3 cars, you can see that the family is pretty well-to-do, so money isnt that big of an object. The particular Mercedes E350 i want and have customized is around $55,000 dollars, which is doable under lease. I could also buy an e500 used and customize it.

What i am looking for in a car is Reliability, Appeal to women(BIGGER thing) good sound system, comfortable for someone who is 6"1 and has big legs like me(BIGG thing), good navigation system and extras, safety(BIGGEST thing), and just a general "Baller" factor. Like when people see me drive by, they say "D@*%, that guy is IT" haha. Also, with a lease, can the dealership tint the windows? I would also like to put rims on it, is that allowed with a lease? Which of these cars would be the best for this?

WOuld it be more worth it to get the e500 used and pimp it out completely, or to lease the e350 and be content? Please let me know, as i would like to weigh my options fully ASAP. I basically want a car(out of these 5 choices) that is a chickmagnet, haha.
Mercedes E350(new)
Mercedes E500(2004-2005)
Chrysler 300C(new)
Infiniti G(new)
Cadillac CTS(new)

Thank you very much
Old 03-04-2007, 09:16 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
E90 M3
Out of those cars, I've driven them all except the 300C. You shouldn't even be thinking about the CTS simply because that's an entry-level vehicle and I personally don't like the 300c and don't think that it's got much of a 'WoW' appeal.

So, that leaves us with the E350, the E500, and the Infiniti G35. I'm not sure whether or not you're considering the G35 sedan or coupe, so I'm going to include them both. Comparing just the E350 and the E500, I'd choose the E500 hands-down simply because of all the luxury options it has that the 350 does not, and the power that the 500 packs is absolutely amazing. Plus, there are so many used 320's on the road, that your 350 would just blend in into that crowd, and you won't get any 2nd looks. A 500 might achieve some of those, 'wow, look at that car' remarks, but don't count on it. If you're looking for a Mercedes that will make people turn heads, the E-Class won't do it. You'll need a roadster, convertible or a coupe for that. The SL-Class does it best.

Now, onto the G35 coupe and sedan. The sedan basically does not attract any attention at all, so it's automatically out. The coupe is a very nice car, but you'll have to drive stick. This is because a car that sporty and sleek, you're almost obligated to have to buy it with a manual transmission. I really don't have much of a verdict on the G35, it's really a matter of personal opinion, but I don't believe it carries the wow appeal that much either.

In conclusion, if you really value the ability of your car to attract the attention of females, you'll simply have to get yourself a black SL. It's that simple, an E-Class definitely WILL NOT do it.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:49 PM

or in the price range. get a porsche boxster/caymen or slk. sl might be out of the 55000 range..
btw, its not worth getting a car to attract girls.. get a car that you love.
Old 03-05-2007, 07:38 PM

07 E350, 03 Lexus ES300, 04 CLK 320 (gone)
You should be thinking of a coupe if you want the 'girl attention'...getting a used CL or CLK will do the trick--within your budget...

If you need the room of the sedan, then go with the used E500 or S430...either one you can fix-up with rims, tint & lowering...

The 300C & CTS are 'dime-a-dozen' especially out here in Cali...just weigh your options--purpose of car & reality factor and you'll be pimp'n..

remember, if you choose to lease the car and you mod it, just put it back to stock when you're ready to turn it in..or you can always switch your lease to a 'purchase' if you really love the car....
Old 03-05-2007, 08:57 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2005 SL55, 2000 CL500
Attention

Chick Attention car ???

If you want a Benz that turns heads.
Your 6.1 Get the CL55
The E350 is too small. Too common.

Good deals out there on CL55`s CPO about $55K-60K
I wonder if Gary ever sold his car
https://mbworld.org/forums/cl55-amg-cl65-amg-cl63-amg-c215-c216/181337-sale-2003-cl55-amg-11-500-miles.html

On the high end its the SL for sure.
The SL55 is the best for head turning roadster.

Just make sure you have warranty !!
Old 03-08-2007, 10:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
2001 E320 RWD - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 100,000+
I'm not that crazy about them, but try to see if you are physically comfortable in an SLK. If my girlfriend is any indication, that is her favorite Mercedes model. You can go economy with a 280/320, or on the top end there is a 55 AMG that will probably blow your socks off with an engine like that.
Old 03-08-2007, 03:09 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts
1996 E320, 2018 Ducati Panigale V4S, 2012 1199 Panigale
No matter what benz you get, be sure you find a good dealer that treats you right (i.e. complimentary loaner vehicles, friendly service advisors, etc) some of the dealers around here treat their customers like ***. If there isnt a good dealer in your area, then id pick a different make of car to be honest. Im probably gonna switch to BMW or Lexus for my next car, depending on the last 2-3 dealers in the area that i havent tried yet. Service is a very important thing, some dealers do well, but some dont. Be careful, and happy shopping
Old 03-08-2007, 03:23 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 310 Likes on 228 Posts
'19 E63S sedan
The CLS is another possibility. It's really an E with a sexy "four-door coupe" body. It's a head-turner and is a lot closer to the cars you've mentioned than the roadsters. There is no CLS350, so you would either have to stretch your budget to cover a CLS550 or look at a used CLS500.
Old 03-09-2007, 07:38 PM

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
see signature
Originally Posted by indianpryd45
Hey all
It is my first post on here, so hello!
My name is Mike and i am one of the next potential Mercedes E350 owners. This car will be my first car. This car is currently competeing with the Infiniti G35 and the Chrysler 300c, and the Cadillac CTS. I would, no matter what, be leasing.

Judging from these 3 cars, you can see that the family is pretty well-to-do, so money isnt that big of an object. The particular Mercedes E350 i want and have customized is around $55,000 dollars, which is doable under lease. I could also buy an e500 used and customize it.

What i am looking for in a car is Reliability, Appeal to women(BIGGER thing) good sound system, comfortable for someone who is 6"1 and has big legs like me(BIGG thing), good navigation system and extras, safety(BIGGEST thing), and just a general "Baller" factor. Like when people see me drive by, they say "D@*%, that guy is IT" haha. Also, with a lease, can the dealership tint the windows? I would also like to put rims on it, is that allowed with a lease? Which of these cars would be the best for this?

WOuld it be more worth it to get the e500 used and pimp it out completely, or to lease the e350 and be content? Please let me know, as i would like to weigh my options fully ASAP. I basically want a car(out of these 5 choices) that is a chickmagnet, haha.
Mercedes E350(new)
Mercedes E500(2004-2005)
Chrysler 300C(new)
Infiniti G(new)
Cadillac CTS(new)

Thank you very much
Pretty well to do What a badass! Flipping LOADED!

...Can I lease this?
Old 03-09-2007, 08:47 PM
JLP

06 E-55-95-F355S- 99 Porsche 911 C2 w mods
Originally Posted by indianpryd45
What i am looking for in a car is Reliability, Appeal to women(BIGGER thing) good sound system, comfortable for someone who is 6"1 and has big legs like me(BIGG thing), good navigation system and extras, safety(BIGGEST thing), and just a general "Baller" factor. Like when people see me drive by, they say "D@*%, that guy is IT" haha. Thank you very much

MB still hasn't gotten the reliability thing quite fixed yet although the 2007 E350 is much better than the 03-06 batch so far.

The Nav is decent, safety is unbeatable but as far as ballin factor it is seriously lacking.

Remember in Europe the E-class is the taxi of choice.......not really ballin material, think if you were rolling in a Caprice or Crown Vic in Europe you wouldn't be exactly ballin!

That being said if you get the right color, wheels, lowering springs the 211 can look pretty good and it is a Benz, it really depends on where you plan on creeping.