Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Need Help with MB choices

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 02:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2001 Cadillac Deville
Need Help with MB choices

Hey everyone, I have just recently joined the forum. I have been driving a 01 Cadillac DHS for the past 3 years , and it is time to give it up. I am considering purchasing a foreign luxury car within the next year. My budget will be around 50k, and I was wondering, what are some good benz options for me (new/used, no leases!) And also keep in mind I am 22, that might play a role for whats "in" for the young crowd. So please, give me some MB car choices within my price range. Thanks in advance.
Old 10-04-2007, 02:54 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
Originally Posted by CandylacDeville
Hey everyone, I have just recently joined the forum. I have been driving a 01 Cadillac DHS for the past 3 years , and it is time to give it up. I am considering purchasing a foreign luxury car within the next year. My budget will be around 50k, and I was wondering, what are some good benz options for me (new/used, no leases!) And also keep in mind I am 22, that might play a role for whats "in" for the young crowd. So please, give me some MB car choices within my price range. Thanks in advance.
50K? Thats perfect. AMG, man. C32, C55. Hell, you could probably find some E55s too (supercharged ones, W211) for that price range.
Old 10-04-2007, 12:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
2010 ML550, 2010 E350 4M, 1966 Corvette Convt C2
If I were you I would go for a new E350. Why fight the used car battle, buy new. You may have to streach a little but its the best way to go. FYI, a Cadillac was the car that I had owned that swore me off of GM cars forever, by far the worst automotive experience I have ever had.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:11 PM

2001 Cadillac Deville
Originally Posted by sosh
If I were you I would go for a new E350. Why fight the used car battle, buy new. You may have to streach a little but its the best way to go. FYI, a Cadillac was the car that I had owned that swore me off of GM cars forever, by far the worst automotive experience I have ever had.

Lol, no I still love my car, it's just missing some key features that I see in Benz's, plus I love the styling of MB's. My DeVille is still running very well, knock on wood , but it just seems too plain and boring to me now. I wouldn't mind getting another Cadillac, but a foreign car, especially Benz, is my next choice. I am probably going to finish college next year, I am going to be doing a lot of driving back and forth, and I NEED something very reliable that is technologically equipped. I wish the prices were not so steep for the larger sized MB's (S-Class, M-Class etc.), but thats what makes it an MB. As for the E-Class, does the 350 pack a punch? I am used to V-8's because of the Cadillac, and my dad's Lincoln. The 350 seems like a girl car to me though, but they are very stylish. I'm going to keep doing research to find out what I truly want/need and make my decision.
Old 10-04-2007, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
02 C32 AMG
lol. um....if you want some punch, you should go with an AMG like i said, such as a C32, C55, and E55 which you can get in your price range

The E350 is nice, but no the punch is not there.

And as far as buying a new car and NOT playing the used car game, we must remember that new cars depreciate the most, which is why it is common knowledge that the purchasing of used cars is a better financial investment
Old 10-05-2007, 09:47 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'06 E55, '05 SLK55, a few others
If you have money to throw away, buy new. There is no rational reason to buy a new car these days, especially given the fact that a CPO car usually has MORE warranty left on it than a new car would have, and face it, you're going to need that warranty driving a Benz. Let someone else take the hit. If you're driving a Caddy now, you probably want some room and comfort. With that budget, an E500 is an easy find, maybe even a S class. Speed? You can probably squeeze out an E55. That was a 90-100K car when new, so you see my point on letting someone else take the bend over.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:43 PM

2001 Cadillac Deville
Yeah, I think buying a CPO BENZ is the way to go. The E-Class is getting a new body style in 09 so I am not sure if I want to get a used E-Class, I want something up to date. I don't know, Benz offers so many great cars with the motors and technology that suits me, but the prices are crazy! I might just settle for a Saturn
Old 10-05-2007, 05:39 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2008 C350
Don't get an E350 unless you really like it. MB is redesigning the E class with new models out in the next year or two. The new one is supposed to be in line with the recent redesigns of the S and C classes.

If you are looking for power, AMG is the way to go. It would probably be a CPO C32 or C55 for 50K. A W204 C63 is due out next year, but the price tag on that one is going to be well above 50K.

Also, if you like the new C class, you could get a fully loaded C350 Sport for about 47 MSRP. Add TT&L to that and you are in the low 50's.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I would also say not to get a new E350, for 50k, you'll be getting a bare-bones model. If you want something smaller, you can get the new C300/350.