Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Anyone have a hookup at Coparts Salvage Auto Auction

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-17-2009, 09:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have a hookup at Coparts Salvage Auto Auction

So many times I have seen the benz I wanted..salvage tho(back end damage usually)..I can't bid on them since I do not have a dealers license ...Anyone got the hook up..I can spot you a pretty penny for bidding for me
Old 04-17-2009, 03:47 PM
Banned

300E
Originally Posted by erifly
So many times I have seen the benz I wanted..salvage tho(back end damage usually)..I can't bid on them since I do not have a dealers license ...Anyone got the hook up..I can spot you a pretty penny for bidding for me
I dont have a hookup but I always heard copart isn't good. what you see in the picture is not always what you get.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:59 PM

That's pretty much expected when you purchase a car without looking at it thoroughly in person and relying on internet pictures. They do have a disclaimer that they describe cars as accurate as they can but suggest consumer comes in to take a look. My first and past car was a retitled salvaged vehicle and it was a ROCK...never had any issues with it. My dad also had two salvaged vehicles(both great) in the past and looking for his third. I was looking at a CLS550 with 30k miles and backend damage..it sold for 11k and had about 7-9k damage. If you plan to keep the car till it dies..its a perfect buy.

and I got your pm..I'll be sure to let you know.

Originally Posted by tyler_durden
I dont have a hookup but I always heard copart isn't good. what you see in the picture is not always what you get.
Old 04-25-2009, 02:43 PM

s550
Public can buy at Copart now and you don't have to have a dealer license to bid at Copart. Copart has rolled out a program with official resellers who allow you to register with them and bid under their license.

Check out http://AutoBidMaster.com -- they are a copart reseller. They provide automatic access to buying at Copart. Registration is $50 for one car purchase, or $150 for unlimited purchases through out the year. Then they charge a transaction fee of $200 on each item bought. Pretty good deal imho if you want to try yourself in buying at Copart.
Old 04-28-2009, 03:36 PM

thanks, but I found a local salvage yard taht will do it for me.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:56 AM

cls 550
I have a dealer license and auto body and salvaged license and I can bid on any car u want at Coparts or any salvaged or regular auction u want. Not just any dealer can bid on salvaged cars, because of the state and federal laws and the risk involved, if u or anybody want to bid on some of these cars that have minor damage and save over 30-40 retail price just PM me I also major in buying Mercedez cls 550's with little buper and light damage and fix them up and I sell them $10,000 below cost sometimes $15,000 below cost. I also drive a 2008 CLS 550 with a front Amg bumper and extra chrome details. Some people complain about salvaged cars, cause of the title, but do u know how many **** hole houses have been remodeled with mold in them lol, if the car has no frame damage and has just the lights and bumper and fender and hood, and has no engine or transmision then it is worth to save $15,000
Old 06-18-2009, 03:09 PM

03 honda
us bodyshop guys all ways get the bad wrap
Old 10-01-2009, 03:10 PM

infiniti
Originally Posted by kingofdc20
I have a dealer license and auto body and salvaged license and I can bid on any car u want at Coparts or any salvaged or regular auction u want. Not just any dealer can bid on salvaged cars, because of the state and federal laws and the risk involved, if u or anybody want to bid on some of these cars that have minor damage and save over 30-40 retail price just PM me I also major in buying Mercedez cls 550's with little buper and light damage and fix them up and I sell them $10,000 below cost sometimes $15,000 below cost. I also drive a 2008 CLS 550 with a front Amg bumper and extra chrome details. Some people complain about salvaged cars, cause of the title, but do u know how many **** hole houses have been remodeled with mold in them lol, if the car has no frame damage and has just the lights and bumper and fender and hood, and has no engine or transmision then it is worth to save $15,000

i want you to bid on a car for me
Old 10-01-2009, 04:03 PM

2003 C230 Kompressor
Do you think that'd be a good place to buy a car just for an engine to horse around with? I couldn't care less about the body, but I've been thinking about something like this to learn more about building an engine.

If I put it back together and it still doesn't work, well, it never worked in the first place and was (hopefully) a good learning experience.
Old 10-23-2009, 09:41 AM

mercedes 220
You can buy vehicles with clean title at Copart. You don't even need a dealer license. I bought a car for my wife at Copart with clean title through Easyexport.us for quite reasonable price. Vehicles at Copart are sold "where is as is". So it can really cause some problems buying damaged cars. But if you are looking for a salvaged vehicle Copart is a great possibility to buy one for quite reasonable price.
Old 06-03-2011, 02:16 PM

Tundra
Nice Ride

That's a sweet looking ride. You might some others http://getwwa.com/:)
Old 07-15-2011, 12:45 AM

spirit
Some states allow the public to bid on salvage cars

I was looking into getting a salvage car I could fix up for personal use, and came accross a 2010 model that I really wanted! But.. Miossouri won't allow the general public to place bids on salvage cars. Which is why I want to apply for a salvage dealer license! yeah.

I figure you don't know what you get until the tow truck plops the car on your lot in front of your home, and if you're a good enough mechanic, you can rebuild any car to bring it back to life and generally raise its value or even get a clean title to it if you can show all repairs were made.

Different states, different laws.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:17 AM

Yeah that sucks that laws prevent us from buying salvage directly but I thought every state had laws against it. I have yet to to come across a state where a business license was not required to buy salvage. I think they do this because they know it's a more of chance that a consumer would do a hack job and drive an unsafe car on the road endangering others...while anyone with a business license has a reputation to uphold and would never foolishly attempt that. I looked into the law..to get a dealers license..and I remember reading that you had to purchase and sell(to non-relatives) at minimum 6 cars a year..or else you would have to forfeit your license(And the cars you purchased with it during the year if you still have them). I'm sure there are tricky loopholes to get around that tho.

Originally Posted by lacquermaster
I was looking into getting a salvage car I could fix up for personal use, and came accross a 2010 model that I really wanted! But.. Miossouri won't allow the general public to place bids on salvage cars. Which is why I want to apply for a salvage dealer license! yeah.

I figure you don't know what you get until the tow truck plops the car on your lot in front of your home, and if you're a good enough mechanic, you can rebuild any car to bring it back to life and generally raise its value or even get a clean title to it if you can show all repairs were made.

Different states, different laws.
Old 12-30-2011, 12:18 PM

BMW 530XI
Originally Posted by lacquermaster
Recently I came across this website http://www.carfrom.us/. It seems like they have a huge inventory of salvage vehicles. And as it seems you can bid on a vehicle directly at their website. Does anybody use their service?
Old 01-16-2012, 12:01 PM

mercedes
Cool salvage cars

Originally Posted by Jimm5383
Recently I came across this website http://www.carfrom.us/. It seems like they have a huge inventory of salvage vehicles. And as it seems you can bid on a vehicle directly at their website. Does anybody use their service?

I heard that some use broker services if you do not have license to bid on salvage cars in any state. Copart auto auction has a list of them like for example http://www.easyexport.us/ . These guys can even offer you transportation across the USA and worldwide. i never tried that personally but i am planning to use them in the nearest future as the rates are very low indeed.
http://www.carfrom.us/ - good cars for sale from closed auto auctions for any person
Old 03-08-2012, 01:35 PM

CLS500

Im looking to use your services if still available
Old 09-12-2012, 07:06 AM

Mercedes CLK500
auction cars

Are you still active? I'm looking for a CLS550 from iaai or copart?
Doug
dougted@gmail.com