Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Banned at Club Lexus!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.15 average.

Old 03-08-2004, 09:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2004 SL55 AMG
Maybach has garnered history and evolution in it's own right. I truly believe that there is a BIG difference in experience and calibre between being chauffered in a Maybach 62 vs. the Mercedes S600. I doubt many owners will be driving their own Maybachs except for kicks.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:42 AM

2001 E320
if u think ur Camry is a better car, Ok, then I will take my 'worse' E class to take a head on collision with you to justify which one is better.
Old 08-13-2008, 03:13 PM
lig

was '03 E320 - now - '04 S4
Originally Posted by royabc
if u think ur Camry is a better car, Ok, then I will take my 'worse' E class to take a head on collision with you to justify which one is better.
Darwin award winner right here.
Old 08-13-2008, 04:06 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
C350 4Matic
Originally Posted by S55inPA
hey guys,

while the MBworld forums were down i spent some time posting
over at Club Lexus. it seems that some of my posts were not appreciated. one of them was even deleted.

it seems that after posting sales figures for MB and Lexus one of the moderators and some of the other members became agitated!
in a nutshell i basically questioned Lexus's position in relation to Mercedes Benz. basically saying that Lexus is not Mercedes Benz equal mainly because of the lack of depth in their product lines and that fact that only 36000 true Lexus brand autombiles have been sold year to date(i excluded rebadged toyotas). keep in mind that i posted these opinions in the "Car Chat Forum". this forum is supposed to be an open forum for all automotive topics.

it seems that instead of rebutting or engaging in an honest and open discussion the moderator felt the need to ridicule me and then lock me out from posting. i should also add that i never insulted or attacked any other opinions. also no foul language was used.

i have since sent an email to the administrator of Club Lexus explaining my position and dissatisfaction with their forum moderator. their own moderator didn't even follow the rules set by Club Lexus. i have yet to recieve a response from the administrator.

it seems that "censorship" is alive and well at Club Lexus. if you don't post something that is complimentary of a Lexus product they don't want to hear your opinion. i was being accused of "trolling".....strange because i have been posting at Club Lexus for months.

so guys if you get a chance jump over to Club Lexus and check out my posts. they are in the "Car Chat" section. let me know what you think. if i was out of line or
was the moderator overly sensitive to an opposing opinion?

below 1sicklex(one of Club Lexus fair and balanced moderators) posted the links to these posts. ......thanks Mike.

Im not saying your a Jacka$$ but, your acting like one.
Do you like it when other guys come here just to bash MB.
So why do that to them, if you want to go see what they have to say...go for it. maybe you will learn more about there cars and learn to like them but to go to there form and bash, Sorry but thats just week!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 10:44 PM

Is @ Home
Cot damn bumpers....

I got a stupid infraction from one of the admin cause he didn't like my sig pic. I got over it.
Old 08-22-2008, 07:39 PM

2001 C240
This is an old thread started in 2003 way before I joined MB World.

I read but do not post on Toyotanation because I own a 1990 Toyota Celica ST bought new. This thread/situation reminds me of the GM fans who troll on the Toyota forums. Some of them may have valid points when trying to mention Toyota's negative points, but the GM fans posts are so negative, arrogant and outright childish and immature that they completely discredit themselves. They do absolutly nothing to convince Toyota Owners to buy any American vehicle.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:02 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
ML350
I am this close to getting Banned on club Lexus too...

I am this close to getting Banned on club Lexus too...and I own 2 Lexus(es), not a merc.

I own a 2001 RX-300 and a more recent 2008 IS-250 and of course I find that club lexus is second home to me.

However, It definitely looks like that one particular moderator (I will not be giving out names unless necessary) seems to have an axe to grind. He seems to punish me for the minorest of infarctions and banning me from from certain parts of the forum right away without even interacting with me with PMs. On one occasion, I was lucky even to discuss that on PM, but it was a one way discussion. There was no way I could even reason with him. I got so tired of that and so I created another ID and started fresh and made sure to stay away from topics/forums that the moderator and me have differences. But he has stalked me to my new ID even though I did not post in the sub-forums I was banned under my previous ID. It looks like he has a lot of time on his hand to stalk me like this and "try" to find ways to circumvent my participation on the club Lexus forums.

I realize that Club Lexus is private entity and it is their way or the highway, but this is ridiculous. I have been on numerous forums over my lifetime but never got banned or close to getting banned like this. They are ruling like Hitler. Take no prisoners.

What in the world am I supposed to do?

OMG.
I was searching how many people get banned at club lexus and I come across this thread

http://forum.clubna-t.com/archive/index.php/t-2718.html

Memphisacc
11-09-2006, 11:37 AM

***Post Deleted by Dramon***

Not only do we not condone bad mouthing other forums your claims are without basis and poorly founded. You are clearly someone who hates Lexuses. If you do not like Lexuses you shoudl not have bought one and by blaming other people for your inability to maintain your car you debase the entire community. Kid ricers like you are the reason the prestige of owning a high end Lexus such as the SC300 is slowly dwindling. If you have any further problems with this decision please refer to my post further down the page.

LexusFTW
11-09-2006, 01:31 PM

Cl Ftl

Memphisacc
11-09-2006, 02:09 PM

Ya if you need wheels, a body kit, or paint color suggestion they will surely help you out....

That and onesided boring conversation.

LexusFTW
11-09-2006, 07:57 PM

Ya if you need wheels, a body kit, or paint color suggestion they will surely help you out....

dont forget about if your needles in your cluster go out. O.L.T. will definately hook you up :jerkit:

Memphisacc
11-10-2006, 09:44 AM

hah ya with some over priced L.E.Ds

Dramon
11-10-2006, 12:52 PM

Err, hehe couldn't resist...here's your original post in bold.

"That's all there really is to that...DaveGS and the majority of his moderators go beyond the likes baby faced typical moderators and into the ideals of fascism. They cater to their vendors like a baby sucking on a nipple. It has to be the lamest of all webforums I have ever been a member of so... :thefinger to them.

I ran a poll seeing if people thought it was alright that a moderator was posting multiple arrest stories in the racing section. Which was title "personal experiences, and knowledge"

"I just think it's worth seeing the publics opinion. I don't think the articles belong here, but its why im not a moderator. They aren't even stimulating positive conversation or discussion. There is the clubhouse and car talk for a reason.

I've never been a member of a webforum where a moderator was the one posting arrest stories all over the racing section, usually that job is reserved for trolls."

That was considered mouthing off to a moderator, quite the joke. They run their website like everyone on it is a ****ing 2 year old with their hand up the Popes skirt.....

bunch of douche bags plain and simple...

Good webforums don't subject their users to rules of the Vatican, but i guess that's what happens when a lexus owning, gun carrying tool from NC.(no offense to people from NC) A webforum shouldn't be ones toy to play god with, i wish the world was nice and respectful....i think ill make a webforum and subject every user to it...

Guess it is his right to be a provider of a mild aged webforum"

Any issues I may have with the mdoderation aside, the thing I don't care for about CL is the lack of an FAQs section and the bazillion of "I waxed my completely stock SC!!! check out my pics!!" threads.

Memphisacc
12-07-2006, 10:43 AM

Update: lol

"You have been banned for the following reason:
Banned for continued infractions and ignoring moderator requests. Do NOT attempt to rejoin our forum or you will be subject to a $5K fee and ISP cancelation." :rl: :bigok:

Date the ban will be lifted: Never"

Just tried to sign in to clublexus to get some of my images i had loaded on there....but oh well!! I never even got an email, but whatever...

Dramon
12-07-2006, 03:42 PM

5k? fee?

onlylexus8
12-13-2006, 11:22 AM

i cant stand club lexus myself. they have banned me a few times and if you read the threads where the infractions accured, you would be puzzled as to why i was banned.

anyway, i don like CL at all what so ever, and am planning to sell my lexus to find a more friendly crew of car owners.

cheers.

Last edited by chikoo; 05-30-2011 at 07:13 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 01:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
ML350
I just realized why I got the "You will be banned" notification. the last post I made was in a thread that was discussing the Hyundai Genesis in Car Chat Forum. I happened to drive the Genesis 4.6 last week and I posted my surprise (using my new id) as to how good that car is, how lexus does not have a comparable car and most probably will go for the Genesis as my next car.

*BAM* my new ID was banned the same day and the former ID has been banned for 2 weeks for breaking the rules.

This sucks. can't even express my opinion (a good one) for another car? or did it hurt that i blasted Lexus offerings as a result of the posting?
Old 06-01-2011, 11:58 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Several MB's Superperformance MK III Cobra
CL forum

I realize that this thread has been around for a few years but I just read it this evening.
I once made the switch to the dark side and bought an SC430 and an LS430. I owned each one for approximately one year. I won't go into painful detail as to why I got rid of them so early other than I did not like them. I did visit the CL forum fairly regularly while owning them and for a period afterwards. I found the group there protective and more than just a little biased regarding their brand. The difference between this forum and Club CL is that you can get help and advice here whereas the CL members are great at taking shots at other car brands. In addition such in depth subjects as the following were examples found on the Club CL site:
Do you eat in your Lexus?
What watch do you wear in your Lexus?
Do you wear jeans in your Lexus?
And my favorite was every car needed bigger rims and slammed.

S55, I too had posts deleted or not posted which I found to be a sign of insecurity or perhaps a little bit of Napoleon complex. I have not revisited the site and have no intention of doing so. If I were you I would not let the ban bother you but take it as a badge of courage.

One more thing someone posted that Bill Gates found his LS to be his favorite car. That surprises me because I could not find the ctrl, alt, delete button in my LS

Last edited by lkirchner; 06-02-2011 at 12:03 AM. Reason: Error