Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Banned at Club Lexus!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.15 average.

Old 11-16-2003, 07:55 PM
lig

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
was '03 E320 - now - '04 S4
S55 - Looks like you are entitled to your opinion X3

I had a run-in with a moderator @ CL before. He was (and still is) an immature jerk.

I still think you were trolling though. Just my opinion.
Old 11-16-2003, 10:18 PM

Lexus GS430
Lexus is chasing MB for good

Hey, guys just to say Hi.
Yes, Toyota/Lexus is still chasing MB and BMW and that's their goal when they're created Lexus division. I think it's good for consumers and the manufacturers to make better products. As for MB, they'll need make better product and as for Lexus they'll need to make even better product than MB for Lexus to be able to stay in this game.
Everybody at CL loves the AMG, the S-Class, the E-class, the M3/M5 and every good car out there. I think they all great cars and I wish to ride in one of them.
The MB stand for prestige.
The Bmw for performance.
The Volvo for safety.
Then, Lexus will want to be in Luxury.
S55, I'm sorry about CL banned you while MB is down and you're trolling on CL. I can go to every car forums and pick one wiht the most complaint, then start a thread. I'm one of the moderator that voted for you to be ban. I know you're a cool guy and loves car, as you alway say, I like Lexus, but and , but, and , but... I know with this post on MB, I will get my **** whoope by the guys on CL, but I have to say something.
As 1Sicklex said the guys over MB are so cool and most of them not even know about the aftermarket parts for their MB. Heck, they're just enjoy the MB and not even think about the problem or aftermarket parts for their car.

S
Old 11-17-2003, 12:04 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Thumbs down

It's extremely uncool to ban members, trolling or not trolling.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:04 AM

Lexus GS 450h
For me, after reading about the ban I decided not to even bother going there to read about the debate, as the site is obviously run by a bunch of inexperienced naive fools.

You probably couldn't figure out how to work a link.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:13 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Originally posted by 1SICKLEX

Nice smilies!
Old 11-17-2003, 07:15 AM

Not a Benzer anymore
In Regards to the Crossfire...

Who is running the show?

Its all about Daimler-Chrysler...

It might be just me, but the interior of the Crossfire looks very much Mercedes-Benz like.

The question of re-badging is this: How much difference is required to be considered unique?

On another Chrysler note, the new 300 is based on the old W210. What type of rebadging is this? Is Chrysler just getting MB hand-me downs?
Old 11-17-2003, 09:13 AM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
hey guys,

it seems that MB is passing down to Chrysler a lot of the their outgoing models engineering.
not a bad a idea.
does anyone know if any of the current V8 engines is
slated to go into a Chrysler?...my guess is they will
wait until the new multivalve engines are available
in MB's before we see this happen.
if they were to do that now i feel it would cheapen the
MB brand.

hey...1sicklex...go up to the S class forum. check out the
thread i started "banned at....". check out some of the posts
from n_gillis(he rips me a new a@#hole!!!)....he's not even getting banned from MBworld.
how long would he last at Club Lexus?

Last edited by S55inPA; 11-17-2003 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-17-2003, 10:33 AM

Not a Benzer anymore
Maybe The Lexus Moderator Thought...

That the Lexus board is a fun board and that some posts were, nothing more than, a yell of "Fire in a theatre.."

Where there is no need to start a fire.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:29 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: In Regards to the Crossfire...

Originally posted by EddieGTP
Who is running the show?

Its all about Daimler-Chrysler...

It might be just me, but the interior of the Crossfire looks very much Mercedes-Benz like.

The question of re-badging is this: How much difference is required to be considered unique?

On another Chrysler note, the new 300 is based on the old W210. What type of rebadging is this? Is Chrysler just getting MB hand-me downs?
The Crossfire is 40% SLK including the interior.
Old 11-19-2003, 06:03 PM

Lexus GS 450h
how long would he last at Club Lexus
If he continued with his flames, he'd be gone. Though he would be warned first.

It says a lot about Chrysler if their best car is an 8 year old SLK. No one is considering Chrysler upmarket, just like VW.
Old 11-19-2003, 10:57 PM

2002 C230K, Auto, etc.
Banned at Club Lexus

I read your post and I cannot understand what their problem was. You simply stated some information and they couldn't deal with it.

The one that got me was the last guy who wrote about lies, and the people who write them. What's that all about. I signed up and tried to post but they came back and said the post was closed.

Wow.........talk about some up tight people.

Hell...........I like Lexus. Just won't own one yet. Not until they quit copying everyone else.........especially the MB S-class. The only ones that are not copies are the IS300 and GS300. And God help us if they could breed........got to be the most butt ugly cars out there. No idea what the car is trying to say........One looks like a 'kit' car and the other a total 'pimp' ride. And what's with those stupid extra add-on tail lights?

The LS430 is a well made ripoff of an older S Sedan. Nothing original at all....:o
Old 11-20-2003, 12:29 AM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
thanks for the support
Old 11-20-2003, 02:06 AM
Guest0001

Re: Banned at Club Lexus

Originally posted by GTIDAN
The only ones that are not copies are the IS300 and GS300.
The GS300 is an E class copy.
Old 11-20-2003, 02:10 AM

2002 C230K, Auto, etc.
Re: Re: Banned at Club Lexus

Originally posted by Noble C320
The GS300 is an E class copy.
If the GS300 looks like an E-Class Michael Jackson looks like Dave Letterman
Old 11-22-2003, 05:00 PM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
hey guys,

i talked with my local lexus dealeryesterday.
he claims the new GS won't be available for at least
1 more year. my guess is Lexus might be playing catchup
in the HP department...that 's why the longer introduction
time. he also claimed to have seen the new GS. he said it looked terrific. my guess is the new GS will be a really fantastic car. Lexus when it wants can really produce an exciting vehicle...ie. when the current GS was released i thought it was a really attractive vehicle . more of what we talked about is posted on a thread
in the Sclass forum.
Old 11-27-2003, 02:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

ok s55 we get yur point and see where your going with this whole thread you can take a breather now...
Old 11-27-2003, 06:41 PM
Almost a Member!

howdy

not really read all of this thread, but checked out the lexus forum. what a bunch of tossers. sorry but they seem really arrogant and up themselves.

cheers

ps. give this a sniff

http://www.clublexus.com/forums/show...hreadid=102945

Last edited by omron; 11-27-2003 at 06:45 PM.
Old 11-27-2003, 08:26 PM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
so we're "luxury snobs"!!
mosts of the posts were rational....but 2 of the posts are just
silly.
Old 12-05-2003, 01:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
C230 Kompressor Sport
I’ve just followed this thread and scanned the ones over at CL. The multitude & depth of web discussion forums on various car manufacturers is sort of novel to me. I originally joined this forum before I bought my MB to understand some owners’ experiences and aid me through my ownership. However, when reading these postings I have admittedly found myself getting rather caught up in the heat of the these debates (MB vs. Lexus). But then I just took a step back and realized to what a ridiculous degree we take these things; which boils down to pretty insignificant issues (i.e. who’s being meaner on who’s website—c’mon). We all have to laugh at ourselves (myself included).

So after that pious disclaimer, my human instincts direct me to me join in the debate!! The whole MB vs. Lexus thing; there is nothing like a Mercedes Benz and probably never will be. Yet Lexus’ brilliantly sterile & reliable transportation has its appeal. It all depends on what the buyer wants and where they are in their life. Luxurious practicality (and perhaps financial shrewdness) vs. passion for a true automobile.

S55inPA, I don’t know if you were really “out of line” but I’m not shocked at CL’s actions……just laugh.
Old 12-06-2003, 05:39 AM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
well as strange as this may seem....i just started getting email notifications to threads that i had posted to. maybe i'm not banned anymore?
maybe they missed me

Last edited by S55inPA; 12-06-2003 at 06:13 AM.
Old 12-08-2003, 08:54 PM

1983 300SD Champagne/Palomino
I totally agree with you S55inPA! And I take my hat off to you for what you did over a Club Toyota, oh yeah I'm sorry, they call them a Nexus-----oh I'm sorry, Lexus.
Old 12-09-2003, 07:51 PM

Lexus GS 450h
Lord, please, let is stop......PLEASE, STOP DRINKING THIS!!!
Attached Thumbnails Banned at Club Lexus!!!-hatorade-.jpg  
Old 12-19-2003, 11:41 AM
J P

Lexus vehicles have excellent reliability, this is more than I can say for M-B vehicles.

Yes, at various times Lexus has somewhat tried to imitate M-B's design. However, there is generally a uniqueness to Lexus vehicles in that they all look different. I prefer this over the M-B approach of almost everyl line looking remarkably similar.

Value is a critical issue for many. This, along w/ reliability, is where Lexus "steals" potential M-B owners. Lexus vehicles generally offer a similar car in safety, interior materials, luxury, etc yet for thousands or sometimes several thousands less.

Essentially, Lexus vehicles are high-end Toyotas. They are better than Toyota badged vehicles, because they are higher-end cars. The GS, LS, & SC are much better than any Toyota-badged car.

Even the ES, the Camry's cousin, offers significant advantages over its Toyota cousin. For 1 thing, it received better crash test scores. Further, it should also be pointed out that the ES has vastly superior braking distances. Finally, there is also a noticeable difference in the quality & feel of the interior materials.
Old 12-19-2003, 02:50 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Originally posted by J P
Lexus vehicles have excellent reliability, this is more than I can say for M-B vehicles.
Yes, at various times Lexus has somewhat tried to imitate M-B's design.
What an understatement...........all of the LS "new" technologies are all stolen from their competitors. Thats disgusting to steal 90% of your competitors ideas and put it in your FLAGSHIP sedan. LEXUS gets no points for orginality in design or technology.
However, there is generally a uniqueness to Lexus vehicles in that they all look different. I prefer this over the M-B approach of almost everyl line looking remarkably similar.
You are entitled to that opinion, you must also hold that same critisicm over to BMW,AUDI,ACURA,BENTLEY,FERRARI,NISSAN and most other car makers since they all follow the same pattern. Its an unwritten rule of thumb that says all your cars are part of a family and they should show a sort of resemblance to each other and to their ancestors in some shape or form. In the business world, its called BRAND RECOGNITION. If lexus chooses not to abide by it, I wouldnt say its a good thing.
Value is a critical issue for many. This, along w/ reliability, is where Lexus "steals" potential M-B owners. Lexus vehicles generally offer a similar car in safety, interior materials, luxury, etc yet for thousands or sometimes several thousands less.
That is nothing new, lexus is just doing exactly what TOYOTA has been doing for years to the american car companies, stealing their ideas and hiring the japanse to improve on it. I dont find that honorable at all. Its like the guy that sits in the cube next to you who peaks at your ideas and then goes into the meeting and portrays them as his with a twist. Its sneaky and disgusting but it works....
Essentially, Lexus vehicles are high-end Toyotas.
AGREED

Last edited by J Lucas; 12-19-2003 at 04:25 PM.
Old 12-19-2003, 04:25 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

I wasnt trying to offend anyone or use it as a racial slur, i was just trying to shorten the word. If you don't believe me then I dont know what else to tell you. Ill edit it for you...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.15 average.

Quick Reply: Banned at Club Lexus!!!