Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Banned at Club Lexus!!!

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.15 average.

Old 01-01-2004, 02:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally posted by J Lucas
You lexus dudes are a bunch of clowns with a chip on your shoulder. Everyone here is happy with their purchase, so go over to the bmw forums and go bother them about how you would prefer slow and graceful over fast and sporty. No one here cares about your lexus purchase with the exception of maybe s55....
Your car sucks!

Just playing, not all of us Lexus maniacs are mad, heck, we just don't like it when a few people don't want to accept that there is another company out there that poses direct competition to Mercedes.

And for the BMW, the LS430 is faster to the 0-60 sprint then a 745Li

MadManAboutTown: You are so right, S55inPA didn't deserve to be banned, it's the members there that perceived his posts to be flame bait, heck, they were statistics!
Old 01-01-2004, 07:11 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Originally posted by J Lucas
You lexus dudes are a bunch of clowns with a chip on your shoulder. Everyone here is happy with their purchase, so go over to the bmw forums and go bother them about how you would prefer slow and graceful over fast and sporty. No one here cares about your lexus purchase with the exception of maybe s55....
Old 01-01-2004, 08:17 PM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
hey guys,

thanks for the support!

Happy New Year!
Old 01-03-2004, 06:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
S, GL, Escalade ESV, my shoes
Crossfire and the SLK have same:

* Engine
* Transmission
* A/C system
* Electrical System
* Steering system
* Assembly plant

Do you expect two cars to be identical to not be considered different ? Just because they have different roof mechanisim, they're not "the same car at the core". And yet, you think the GX470 and 4-runner are the same ? Similarly for the Camry/Es300, Rx/highlander.

There're just too many fools on the Benz board now, just like Bimmer board.

Originally posted by karl k
NO.

Crossfire has a solid roof, -- not even a sun/moon cut-out. The interior is just too small for most mortals.:o
Old 01-03-2004, 07:29 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

2000 W210 E55->2003 R230 SL500->2004 W211 E55->2007 997TT+2007 E63->2010 GLK350->2012 E550 4matic
Thumbs up Happy New Year!

Originally posted by S55inPA
hey guys,

thanks for the support!

Happy New Year!
Happy New Year to you too SS55inPA, Happy Motoring!!
Old 01-04-2004, 03:07 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

What is your point ZAM? The slk was built first, the chrysler got its style from the mercedes not vice versa. What does that have to do with anything?Especially if your trying to argue the point that Lexus still hasnt been a major technological innovator in the car industry since its inception unless you want to count Altezza lights, and we all know how important those are to civics! Im not trying to start any fights but I just dont see your point.
WHAT IS YOUR POINT?

Originally posted by zam2000
Crossfire and the SLK have same:

* Engine
* Transmission
* A/C system
* Electrical System
* Steering system
* Assembly plant

Do you expect two cars to be identical to not be considered different ? Just because they have different roof mechanisim, they're not "the same car at the core". And yet, you think the GX470 and 4-runner are the same ? Similarly for the Camry/Es300, Rx/highlander.

There're just too many fools on the Benz board now, just like Bimmer board.
Old 01-09-2004, 06:31 AM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
hey guys,

on one of the threads i posted over at club lexus i mentioned how i thought Infiniti was catching up to Lexus. when i posted this opinion some of the other members thought i was nuts! well...now that the new GS has been unveiled it seems that some of the posters actually like the Infiniti Fuga show car and the current G35 over the new Lexus GS. it seems that most posters seem disappointed by the new car. if Lexus keeps putting vanilla on the outside of it's cars Infiniti is certainly going to put a major dent in their sales. with the Germans killing Lexus in the HP wars and Infiniti coming from behind with more HP and competive pricing Lexus could be in for an identity crisis.

Last edited by S55inPA; 01-09-2004 at 06:43 AM.
Old 01-13-2004, 06:51 PM
Almost a Member!

You dont get it? You done come into another man's home and talk negatively about his belongings and expect him to treat you with respect.
Old 01-20-2004, 08:47 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

If I can just say that somehow last year I managed to be the ONLY MB at a CL meet in NY State where I was treated with respect, friendship, and wholely welcomed. I was even feed free food and given free beer COOL.

Not sure who started what with who in this one but, I was treated with nothing but respect despite showing up to a meet not knowing a single person and being out numbered significantly. CL members even took pictures of my ride, and passed compliments readily as I drifted through the rocky parking lot with CL members on board.

I don't know any of the guys that were specifically responding to your posting on CL, but the NY guys were cool enough to invite me into a racing crew and invite me out to Queens for meets and install and tune days.

Either way, how many of us are so intrenched in either product lines profit sharing schedule that it is important enough to argue about who is who in the automotive world?
Old 01-21-2004, 07:33 AM

Fiscal Neo Con Express
"Either way, how many of us are so intrenched in either product lines profit sharing schedule that it is important enough to argue about who is who in the automotive world"

it's just for the fun of it.

i don't doubt the majority of Lexus owners
are fine people. i just ran into a few that
were a little too sensative
Old 01-21-2004, 05:14 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
Re: Banned at Club Lexus!!!

(i excluded rebadged toyotas).
would you rather have a rebadged chrysler than a rebadged toyata?

Anyway, my pops got his first lexus this last time out and it has now got 35K miles and has not once had to go into the shop past sheduled maintance. In the 5 previous mercedes and my past 2, i cant put all 7 togeather to get 35K miles before they all had to have something done to them. I am not sure what it is about these benz that i cant seem to do with out but i will tell you this much, its not because i never have to take it into the shop. These last two months...its been there more than at my home!
Old 01-21-2004, 05:53 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Insulting a man's car is like insulting his woman/wife. Actually its much worse, things usually get pretty ugly
Old 01-21-2004, 05:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
Originally posted by moxieman2

5.) They only reason why Lexus "steals" a potential Mercedes-Benz owner is the lack of the inteligence and class of that particular individual. Don't give Lexus credit for something they aren't doing, they get plenty of that anyway!

[/B]
I think this is one of the most redic ridiculous commets i have read in a long time. To say that a potential MB owner or in my case, a previous MB owner is uninteligent and has low class is STUPID! There are a few people out there that are willing to sacrafice there real woodgrain for fake and be able to drive there cars with out having to constantly deal with repairs. I am actually thinking of buying a lexus weather or not i keep my benz and its not because i am dumb or dont have any class. From what i have seen and drove first hand, they are great cars. And if you think about it, who is the smarter of the two: the MB owner who payed more and spends more on repairs or the lexus owner who payed a bit less and saves the repair money?
Old 01-21-2004, 06:14 PM

2004 E500
Originally posted by deuce zer0
I think this is one of the most redic ridiculous commets i have read in a long time. To say that a potential MB owner or in my case, a previous MB owner is uninteligent and has low class is STUPID! There are a few people out there that are willing to sacrafice there real woodgrain for fake and be able to drive there cars with out having to constantly deal with repairs. I am actually thinking of buying a lexus weather or not i keep my benz and its not because i am dumb or dont have any class. From what i have seen and drove first hand, they are great cars. And if you think about it, who is the smarter of the two: the MB owner who payed more and spends more on repairs or the lexus owner who payed a bit less and saves the repair money?
Please give this topic a rest
Old 01-21-2004, 06:18 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
Originally posted by MadManAboutTown
Please give this topic a rest
If you dont wanna read anymore then dont come in, and that is your choice. But dont tell me no to post if i care to still take this further!
Old 01-21-2004, 06:23 PM

2004 E500
Geez, thanks for the intelligent reply. It is posters like you who really make this forum rock - NOT!
Old 01-21-2004, 06:42 PM
Out Of Control!!

Re: Re: Banned at Club Lexus!!!

would you rather have a rebadged chrysler than a rebadged toyata?

Anyway, my pops got his first lexus this last time out and it has now got 35K miles and has not once had to go into the shop past sheduled maintance. In the 5 previous mercedes and my past 2, i cant put all 7 togeather to get 35K miles before they all had to have something done to them. I am not sure what it is about these benz that i cant seem to do with out but i will tell you this much, its not because i never have to take it into the shop. These last two months...its been there more than at my home!
You're missing a critical detail here, Every Lexus is a Toyota at heart (With the exception of the RX330 I think, but that will change soon). Not every Chrysler is a Mercedes, infact, none are. Tell me a Chrysler where you will find the Mercedes name on it somewhere else. Let me do that to Lexus.

Toyota Celsior. Thing is, there is nothing wrong with driving a Toyota. It's a great car, but there is something wrong with driving a Chrysler

The only reason so far my dads car has gone to the shop is because it's a first year (LHD) model. In the past month guess how many times the Lexus has gone. Let's leave it at that. (Just incase you're wondering, about three, twice for the same problem that lexus can't seem to fix because the dealer is incompetent.) I've said this before, keep it to the cars. Unfortunetly I think with my last few sentences I went to dealer service Sorry.
Old 01-21-2004, 07:38 PM

Lexus GS 450h
Tell me a Chrysler where you will find the Mercedes name on it somewhere else. Let me do that to Lexus.
cORRECT me if I am wrong, but the new Dodge van, the Sprinter, is exact same Benz van, it just has Dodge badges.

I get a cookie?
If I can just say that somehow last year I managed to be the ONLY MB at a CL meet in NY State where I was treated with respect, friendship, and wholely welcomed. I was even feed free food and given free beer COOL
I saw those pics. Cool meet.
Insulting a man's car is like insulting his woman/wife. Actually its much worse, things usually get pretty ugly
Old 01-21-2004, 07:50 PM
Guest0001

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
cORRECT me if I am wrong, but the new Dodge van, the Sprinter, is exact same Benz van, it just has Dodge badges.
The 300C and the magnum are going to be the first mass produced chrysler models with some benz parts.
Old 01-21-2004, 08:35 PM
Out Of Control!!

1SickLex, you got me! Chocolate Chip?
Old 01-21-2004, 09:28 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Neither, its the Toyota hybrid buyer who realizes there is no difference in toyota and lexus vehicles and goes for the lower cost, lower maintenance vehicle altogether!
Old 01-21-2004, 10:55 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

'07 R350. '05 C230. '93 454SS Truck. '71 Chevelle SS.
German Engineering vs. Japanese Engineering...enough said! Mercedes Benz wins!
Old 01-22-2004, 04:48 AM
Guest0001

Originally posted by MBZ12
German Engineering vs. Japanese Engineering...enough said! Mercedes Benz wins!
Your half right. Its Engineering and Design.
Old 01-22-2004, 04:36 PM
MBWorld Fanatic!

E63
Originally posted by MadManAboutTown
Geez, thanks for the intelligent reply. It is posters like you who really make this forum rock - NOT!
It wasnt about comming back with an intelligent reply or some profound statement. The way it came off to me was that you where telling ME to stop posting and let it die. All i was trying to say is that if i have something i want to say, i am gonna say it and i really dont care weather anyone or everyone including you doesnt want to read anymore on this topic.
Old 01-23-2004, 12:07 AM

2001 540 sport
i don't doubt the majority of Lexus owners
are fine people. i just ran into a few that
were a little too sensative
Wow, I can't believe I just read this whole thread.

Too sensitive? I know Im new here, but who started this massive thread whining about being banned and has kept it going with various 'boo hoo' nobody wanted to listen to me talk about MB on the Lexus forum? Please, you seem to be MR SENSITIVE, lol.

I read what you posted on the Lexus link - you were arrogant to a lot of people. But it doesn't look like you were banned for that at all. In fact, you were on that forum for six months posting stuff like that and nobody stopped you doing it or censored you. Only when you kept fanning flaming on threads where the mods were asking you to stop were you given the boot.

Its your own fault you got banned because you couldn't walk away from a fight, IMO you need to grow up and get over it. Going onto another forum and pissing on their cars is not cool. On every other forum I belong to you would be called a TROLL.

Im really not trying to be one of those here... came to read about some of the new AMG stuff which Im very interested in next year. But the attitude here is pretty shocking, so close minded. I can't believe you all just bag on other car brands like this all day long in this thread. MB's aren't THAT good to be so haughty and superior. Yeah, they're doing some amazing stuff with AMG performance right now, but the model lineup is too broad, the quality is suffering (both big and little stuff) nearly across the board. And if many of the owners I've read here on this thread are any indication of the type of community, Im not sure I want to be associated with it. I know that there have to be a lot of good people here not on this thread, but the immaturity and lack of intelligence is overwhelming.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 3.15 average.

Quick Reply: Banned at Club Lexus!!!