Notices
General Mercedes Discussion Use this forum to discuss general Mercedes-Benz topics that are not specifically model related.

Some financing questions

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
N/A
Some financing questions

Hey guys so I am looking to purchase a 2015 CLA250. I have seen plenty CPO on MBUSA for around 22-23k. I am looking to put down 30% and have a credit score of 747 (I know this because I just applied for a loan through my credit union). However, I have a few questions.

1. Will the dealership attempt to match my credit unions interest rate? Should I even tell them i'm already approved through my union before we start the conversation?
2. If anyone here is familiar with financing. What do you think the dealerships interest rate would be for a credit score of 747 and an income of a little over $2,000 a month?
3. Am I able to included settlement money as income? I won a law suit and get paid monthly. Its only a little over $200 a month (For the next 105 Mos.) but it is disposable income.

Also, I recently graduated from college and moved back in with my parents and got a job. So at the moment I have absolutely no expenses. The only thing I currently pay for is my car insurance. Should I tell them any of this during the process?

Old 07-06-2018, 07:46 AM
sno

Received 146 Likes on 105 Posts
EQE 350+, EQS 450+, AMG C63
Plain and simple you will get better terms and rates from your CU. You can ask the dealer what the rates are for used cars and they will give you the lowest rate for tier 1 credit, which usually is 800 FICO,

You can declare the additional income, that will help. That you live with mom and dad don't really mean anything to them.
Old 07-07-2018, 06:48 AM
MBWorld Fanatic!

Received 52 Likes on 51 Posts
s320
this post makes me angry.A person parasite's off his parent,and can drive a Benz.Get a $500 Honda,and your own apartment.
Old 07-07-2018, 12:14 PM

N/A
Originally Posted by oldsinner111
this post makes me angry.A person parasite's off his parent,and can drive a Benz.Get a $500 Honda,and your own apartment.
Lol I bet.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:02 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2013 SL550
I guess you'll be living with your parents for quite a while longer. Is that what you have in mind? Is that what they have in mind? The CLA is a fine car but it's just a car. You are sure to have many more and they can all be MBs if you choose. Something less expensive to buy, maintain and insure would be wise at this point in your life. Work hard and be smart and in two years you can have your own place and afford to buy something better than a three year old CLA.

Patience youngster. Patience.
Old 07-08-2018, 02:42 AM

N/A
Originally Posted by putter
I guess you'll be living with your parents for quite a while longer. Is that what you have in mind? Is that what they have in mind? The CLA is a fine car but it's just a car. You are sure to have many more and they can all be MBs if you choose. Something less expensive to buy, maintain and insure would be wise at this point in your life. Work hard and be smart and in two years you can have your own place and afford to buy something better than a three year old CLA.

Patience youngster. Patience.
Just took the car home today. 18995 off the lot. Thanks for the advice!
Old 07-08-2018, 03:39 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
2013 SL550
Originally Posted by HonorMulan
Just took the car home today. 18995 off the lot. Thanks for the advice!
Good luck.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:20 PM

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
2014 E350 Sedan
Annual income is $24K and just financed a $19K MB. This equals stupidity.

Don't get me wrong. I too have made stupid decisions, but this one is REALLY stupid!

Sell the car immediately and buy a car you can afford.
Old 07-25-2018, 04:41 PM

N/A
Originally Posted by labguy
Annual income is $24K and just financed a $19K MB. This equals stupidity.

Don't get me wrong. I too have made stupid decisions, but this one is REALLY stupid!

Sell the car immediately and buy a car you can afford.
Im good love enjoy! Financed $12k due to my down payment. Paying $1k tomorrow when my direct deposit hits.
Old 07-26-2018, 07:28 AM

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts
2014 E350 Sedan
Originally Posted by HonorMulan
Im good love enjoy! Financed $12k due to my down payment. Paying $1k tomorrow when my direct deposit hits.
Still was a bad idea. All of your assets (this car) is depreciating. Sell the car, buy something you can afford, work on your career and getting out of your parent's house.

What is your degree in?
Old 07-26-2018, 01:52 PM

N/A
Originally Posted by labguy
Still was a bad idea. All of your assets (this car) is depreciating. Sell the car, buy something you can afford, work on your career and getting out of your parent's house.

What is your degree in?
I'm good... just leave it alone lol. It's done thank you for the advice sir.